ARRAY(0xb5b26918)

Profile for L. Gunson > Reviews

Content by L. Gunson

L. Gunson (England)

Mud and Gold (Promises to Keep)
Mud and Gold (Promises to Keep)
Price: 1.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 3 Feb 2013
I enjoyed the first book but I thought that this one was weaker.
I still enjoyed it, but I had to force myself to finish it. It felt a bit dragged out and repetitive at times. Basically, lots and lots of children are born and named, then someone buys some cows.
Amy finally developed as a character which was nice to see. There are only somany times she can muse on what a terrible person she is and how much she deserves her poor treatment before I stop feeling sorry for her, so I enjoyed her mild rebellion.
As with the first book, there are some interesting supporting characters as well as some poor ones. Lizzie and Frank are lovely to read about and they both grow during the book. However Susannah and Charlie are exactly the same as they were in the first book and only seem to have one layer between them, which is a shame.
Overall, I enjoyed this book and for under 2 it is worth the money but it is not as good as the first. I will buy the third because I am hopeful that the story will pick up as the new generation grows up.

Another Side
Another Side
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Buy!, 25 May 2008
This review is from: Another Side (Audio CD)
I love this CD. John Barrowman has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard and the emotion he puts into his singing gives me shivers every time I hear him.
I was unsure about a couple of the songs on the CD. Not because I don't like them, but because I absolutely love them and I worried about them being "ruined". As it turned out, I actually preferred Barrowman's versions to the originals!
There genuinely seems to be nothing this man can't do.

Anything Goes: The Autobiography
Anything Goes: The Autobiography
by John Barrowman

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, 22 May 2008
Simply gorgeous! John Barrowman is charming, witty, honest and fantastically entertaining.
One of the (many) things which makes this book a must read is John's unfailing honesty in every chapter. Unlike so many other autobiographies, I never read a false word.
Rarely does a non fiction book make me laugh or cry, but this did both, many times. My all time favourite!