Profile for G. B. Holt > Reviews

Content by G. B. Holt

G. B. Holt (Kent, England, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Philips Travel Shaver PQ203/17 with Twin Rotary Heads and Travel Pouch
Philips Travel Shaver PQ203/17 with Twin Rotary Heads and Travel Pouch

5.0 out of 5 stars contained in a snug fitting travel case and gives an excellent shave in very little time, 29 Aug. 2014
Delivery of the shaver was very quick, although it was in an 'Amazon' cardboard package and the box had burst open and the cleaning brush had fallen out of the package and was missing (Amazon - please use sealed jiffy bags for these products).

The razor is ideal for my needs (I travel a lot), it is small, light, contained in a snug fitting travel case and gives an excellent shave in very little time. It is very quiet and glides over my face very smoothly and is easy to clean. It is much kinder to my skin than the Braun travel razor that it is replacing.

My only (minor) gripe is that it is easy to accidently switch the razor off whilst holding it, the 'on/off' switch could be better designed. However, for less than £15 delivered, complete with batteries, it is a bargain. Recommended!

Design Go UK to South Africa Travel Adapter -PACK OF 3
Design Go UK to South Africa Travel Adapter -PACK OF 3
Offered by K.K. Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Space and weight saving., 29 Aug. 2014
The plugs arrived in good time and appear to be well made. I won't know how well they perform until I am in South Africa, but I am confident that they will do the job. They will replace two adapter leads that I have used in the past (a short cable with a RSA plug on one end and a UK socket at the other) and will save space and weight in my luggage. I am very pleased with them.

Note: Very few 'Universal' adapter plugs can be used in South Africa as they have 3 round plugs (like the UK did many years ago).

Multi - Pack!! 8 Sea Rigs!! Clearance!!
Multi - Pack!! 8 Sea Rigs!! Clearance!!
Offered by carp-corner

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain rigs, 29 Mar. 2014
The rigs arrived promptly and were as described. They are ideal for mackerel and bass fishing and, at the bargain price, are not to be missed. As the selection was 2 x 4 rigs, I have given half of them to my fishing partner. A very good buy for little money.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for tiles as well as windows., 26 Mar. 2013
I bought the wonderful Karcher Window Vac some time ago so bought the 500ml cleaner bottle to use in it. It is very economical as just one and half cupfulls of the cleaner are required to be added to water to fill the application bottle. It still surprises me how quick the Vac and the cleaner deal with my windows, leaving them dry, clean and streak free.

Last week I cleaned the tiles in my fully tiled bathroom. It took me much less than an hour and left the bathroom sparkling clean and gleaming just like new!

So why not 5 stars? Because I think that the cleaner is a tad expensive although, as I said above, a little goes a long way.

WARNING! Don't look too closely when emptying the dirty water from the Karcher Window Vac - were my bathroom and windows really that dirty?

Decrescent Universal Weighted Beanbag Dashboard Friction Mount for GPS/Mobile Device - Black
Offered by Onogo

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 Mar. 2013
I didn't think that the beanbag was going to be suitable for me, as my GPS mount is very short (low) and the unit was touching the beanbag, preventing it from clicking into the mount. However, I persevered and eventually found a position in which it could be clicked into the mount. Since then it has been perfect and its weight and 'grippy' underneath ensure that it stays where I put it on the dashboard.

In particular I like the way it can be placed almost anywhere on the dashboard and also that it can be moved from car to car - ideal for hire cars etc.

I would have given it 5 stars, but it isn't the most beautiful object in the world and it takes up a lot of room in the car's boot when not in use.

HG Bath Shine
HG Bath Shine

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: HG Bath Shine (DIY & Tools)
I have a large fibreglass whirlpool bath with 28 water/air jets, which is not the easiest thing to clean. Over the years repeated cleaning with abrasive cleaners had destroyed much of the shine. HG Bath Shine is very easy to use and a little goes a very long way. My bath is now looking like it did when it was new (11 years ago) and I am very happy with it. I have since ordered another bottle, but it will be quite a while before I need it. Highly recommended!

PrimeLeather Quality Real Leather Soft Fingerless Gloves XL For Weight Training Cycling Bike Wheelchair GYM Etc X-Large
Offered by 1stopbabystore

4.0 out of 5 stars Real leather for the price of plastic, 24 Feb. 2013
Cheap and cheerful gloves - not up to Gucci quality, but an excellent buy for very little money - free postage as well.

Lightweight Aluminium Folding Self Propelled Wheelchair in Blue+FREE PU WHEELCHAIR CUSHION VALUE £20.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent chair for the money, 24 Feb. 2013
I picked this wheelchair (my first) mainly because it has brake levers on the handles. It is well made for the money, comfortable to sit in and easy to push. The footrests are easy to clip on/off and the free cushion was very much appreciated. The brakes are very efficient and strong, although I haven't had the confidence to do any handbrake turns yet. A well made product that I would recommend for anybody unfortunate enough to need a wheelchair.

So, if it is so good, why didn't I give it five stars? Well, the one I received had a grey frame instead of a blue one. Now I prefer grey to blue (and it matches my car), but they really ought to send out the advertised article.

Senna [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Senna [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ayrton Senna

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value present., 13 Jan. 2013
Bought as a present for a F1 fan, so not seen by myself. But seemed good value at the price we paid.

Windshield Wonder - Makes Cleaning Windhshields Fast and Easy!
Windshield Wonder - Makes Cleaning Windhshields Fast and Easy!
Offered by Goods Online 24/7 (UK SELLER)

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but a little flimsy, 13 Jan. 2013
This is a very useful tool to reach the parts of the windscreen that are only available to orang-utans, However, it is a little flimsy, so don't apply too much pressure. A very useful tool though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8