Profile for Mary Haynes > Reviews

Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
Offered by Sewit4you
Price: 169.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The auto needle threader makes it so easy to use., 2 Sep 2014
This review is from: Janome J3-24 Sewing Machine
For the price it is very good. I have not tried out every stitch yet but what I have done has been good. The instruction book was easy to follow and the accessories fit neatly inside the machine case so can't get misplaced. It is really quiet compared to my old sewing machine that was over 35 years old. I would recommend it to anyone who likes simplicity and it can just be taken out of the box and start to sew straight away. Checking the tension on different types of fabric is easy and even the needle threader works well. One reason why I wanted it as I was struggling to thread my old machine.

MOSQUITO & INSECT BITE RELIEF
MOSQUITO & INSECT BITE RELIEF
Offered by T2 Enterprises Ltd
Price: 6.82

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't know how it works but it does!, 2 Sep 2014
This really does work and really took the sting out of few bites I got. I even recommended it to fellow traveller's from the USA who found it worked for them too.

Judge 44 Piece Cutlery Set - Style Windsor (Ref BF58)
Judge 44 Piece Cutlery Set - Style Windsor (Ref BF58)
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and a stylish product, 2 Sep 2014
This set is lovely quality and I have been using them for several months and they are fine in the dishwasher. My only problem was that it did not travel well and were all out of the preformed box by the time it arrived on my doorstep. It didn't really matter as it was for my own use, but if I had wanted to give it as a gift (and it would make a lovely wedding gift) I would have had to get it repackaged as the cellophane viewing window on the front of the box was damaged too. The design is modern and they feel really comfortable to handle and cut with.

Acupressure Nausea Relief Wristband / travel-bands / seasick bands / motion sickness bands
Offered by MOTION MEDIC
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They really do work., 2 Sep 2014
I wore these when travelling on a coach in Peru as the road was really winding and I felt much better for wearing them all day.

Ladies Dales Collection Padded Gilet - Plum - Size 12
Ladies Dales Collection Padded Gilet - Plum - Size 12
Offered by The Clothing Outlet Ltd
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colour and fit, 2 Sep 2014
I bought this as it looks stylish and wanted it for work and it is really smart to wear in the office when the heating isn't on. The quality is good and it is long at the back stopping draughts.

Joseph Joseph Segment Utensil Pot - White/Green
Joseph Joseph Segment Utensil Pot - White/Green
Price: 16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for storing cutlery, 2 Sep 2014
I bought this to keep a new set of cutlery in and it's ideal for a 48 piece set. It is well made and sturdy and easy to clean.

OXO Good Grips Utensil Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel
OXO Good Grips Utensil Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel
Price: 20.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Spoiled by the sticky labels on both sides, 2 Sep 2014
This looked like a quality product on the photograph and I thought it would be ideal in my kitchen to keep wooden spoons, etc in. However it arrived well packaged but how irritating to find that on both sides of it there were large very sticky labels and they were impossible to get off in one piece. Despite soaking overnight, I ended up using a product for removing sticky labels which left staining on both sides that really looks awful.

OXO Good Grips Spaghetti Server
OXO Good Grips Spaghetti Server
Price: 7.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and good quality, 2 Sep 2014
This was slightly bigger than I expected but does the job of spooning and draining spaghetti perfectly well. It fits in the dishwasher and matches other existing items in my kitchen.

Stellar Rochester Polished Set Of 6 Fish Knives with GiftBox
Stellar Rochester Polished Set Of 6 Fish Knives with GiftBox
Offered by Cutting Edge Cookware
Price: 14.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and very stylish, 2 Sep 2014
This set is good quality and weight. I bought it as it was plain and fitted in with my existing cutlery set which was new but did not come with fish knives. Even the box was well made and it would make a lovely wedding present.

The Secret of the Incas
The Secret of the Incas
Dvd ~ Charlton Heston
Offered by GREAT4DVD
Price: 11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of fun for a wet afternoon., 2 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Secret of the Incas (DVD)
I read about this film in the Idiot Abroad book, so had to have it having recently returned from a holiday in Peru myself. Yes it's an old film with not much of a plot but enjoyable enough to watch on a wet day in Britain, with stunning pictures of Macchu Pichu as the backdrop. It was in Spanish, but gave the option of English language too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6