Profile for J. Spiteri > Reviews

Content by J. Spiteri

J. Spiteri (London, England)

Mummy's Boy: My Autobiography
Mummy's Boy: My Autobiography
by Larry Lamb

5.0 out of 5 stars Up close and poignant!, 22 Mar. 2011
Am so enjoying this ever so beautifully written personal account of the magnificent Mr Larry Lamb. I love the way he describes the events that occur in his very dramatic and at times incredibly painful life with such honestly and humility. Not only is he a fantastic actor able to play serious and funny with such charm but he writes from the heart and that is a rare and valuable talent. Long live Larry Lamb!

This Party's Got to Stop
This Party's Got to Stop
by Rupert Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars No way this party's stopping!, 3 May 2010
Having read the majority of Rupert Thomson superb output I have to say that This Party's Got To Stop is without doubt my favorite. I finished it a few weeks ago and cannot stop thinking about the issues that he dealt with. I'm reminded of conversations overheard, feelings provoked and depths of sadness and mountains of joy. Ruperts details for the things that are so often forgotten are so enlightening. I didn't have brothers, my parents were very different to Ruperts and yet those feelings of growing up in a house with huge events taking over was very powerful and so often put out of ones mind. Rupert brought me back and made me face up to those situations and upheavals. I thank him for giving me the chance to look at his past as well as my own. He deserves all the acolades and more.

Death of a Murderer
Death of a Murderer
by Rupert Thomson

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful & sensitive, 6 April 2007
This review is from: Death of a Murderer (Hardcover)
I am already an enormous fan of Rupert Thomson's work but in Death of a Murderer he has taken me to deep and scary places to look back at my past and make sense of it. The Moors Murders were certainly a part of my growing up and like any sensational headline-plastered killing leave the world a changed place. Rupert manages to see a lifetime in a day amid the final hours of Myra Hindley's mortuary stay and to question our own existence. This book will stay with me for a very long time and deserves to be read and re-read.

Perception
Perception
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant., 30 April 2001
This review is from: Perception (Audio CD)
Just about the best, most beautiful, spiritual music you will hear. The songs stay with you flowing through your veins like life itself. Buy it and then buy it for someone else.

Tom Verlaine
Tom Verlaine
Offered by clubbrasil1

5.0 out of 5 stars My dersert island favorite., 7 Mar. 2000
This review is from: Tom Verlaine (Audio CD)
I bought this album when it first came out and wore it out. Verlaines guitar playing is extrodinary and this album is absolutely wonderful if you like strapping a tennis racket on and poseing in front of the mirror. Buy Buy Buy now............

Nose to Tail Eating: A Kind of British Cooking
Nose to Tail Eating: A Kind of British Cooking
by Fergus Henderson

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely adore this cookbook, 2 Mar. 2000
This is the first cookbook that has taught me how to prepare a truly spectacular meal that my friends are flabbergasted by. The ingredients that Fergus Henderson uses are unusual, wholesome and delicious. Cooking with Nose To Tail Eating totally rewarding experience. Having eaten at St. John a number of times and marvelled at Fergus's cooking, I have to say that if anyone really enjoys a gastronomic treat then buy them this cookbook. Also it is the first time that I have seen photographs that show the dining experience in realistic terms.