Profile for Ms. J. Palin > Reviews

Content by Ms. J. Palin

Ms. J. Palin "J" (Liverpool)

Aladdin 0.6 Litre Aveo Water Bottle Grey Future Insights
Aladdin 0.6 Litre Aveo Water Bottle Grey Future Insights

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty & durable, 19 May 2014
Quick delivery from this seller.

I use my own filtered water jug so was re-using old plastic water bottles. They shouldn't be reused and even state on the bottles so I needed an alternate. there are a couple of glass bottle containers out there I was more keen on getting to be honest - completely plastic free - but £10 + to get a bottle that will probably last me about 2 days after all I am like the female Frank Spencer (clumsy for those too young to know).

I also wanted a container I could carry that wouldn't be too bulky when attempting to jog/walk at a fast pace.

Anyhoo I have dropped this from certain height by accident and was expecting the impact to damage this but not a scratch was had. It is a little skinnier than your average 500 ml water bottle but obviously it is taller (this holds 600 ml) but I have no problem with this. As mentioned it has a handle but I find this helpful to refrain from dropping it (again).

Would highly recommend this product and would buy again no problem.

Polar FT40 F Womens Heart Rate Monitor - Black
Polar FT40 F Womens Heart Rate Monitor - Black
Offered by Start Fitness

3.0 out of 5 stars Brill for a Year... now returning.... Just a head's up, 23 Sep 2013
I bought this item in black and absolutely love it. Gives you info when you are in your different zones.

I had to change the battery in the HRM strap but to do this you need a coin or similar item to turn the back from close to open and replace the battery & then set it to close again. I have only changed the battery 2 or 3 times in the past year, but coming to change it now because of the material the back is made up its actually worn away. I would expect this from an item of £30/£40 but not for an item I've paid just under £80.

I've been in touch with Amazon and they have been good enough to let me return it for a refund as I've had it about 13 months (its under a 2 year warranty).

I love love love the actual watch & info you can keep track of (I think it still has all my history of workouts for the past year stored) and I'm going to miss it but I'm a bit wary of spending another £80 just to be in the same place next year. I think I may risk it though...

Skechers 21495 BBK BikersGoldmine 5 UK
Skechers 21495 BBK BikersGoldmine 5 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars These shoes were made for walkin, 24 Oct 2008
These are comfy shoes and great for everyday walkin, though I may need to invest in some odour eaters ha ha.

I wish I had taken a previous reviewer's advice which I chose to ignore... Skechers are large sizes. I'm more of a 4.5/5 but these were really loose to begin with and did rub my heels a little because of the getting used to. I've got the joy of having wide feet and there was no discomfort in any way in this regard.

If you do buy them in your size I think your foot adapts to the shoe so it's not as flippy floppy and you have the velcro straps to keep you in.

I've worn them most days for a couple of months walking back and forth and there isn't a mark on them. I don't normally pay a great deal for shoes because I'm heavy footed (sound like the elephant man don't I) but I'm glad I did because it's worth the extra few bob with the sturdy soles etc.

Please do take into account though the large sizes, try them on in a shop if need be so you can see for yourself.

Golla Synfony 15.4 inch Laptop Bag - Green
Golla Synfony 15.4 inch Laptop Bag - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea, 24 Oct 2008
I was looking at these bags in store where they are going for £39.99 and when I looked on-line I was seeing you could save a tenner. No rocket science there about which is the best way to go.

The middle section has a specific snug compartment for your laptop which is secured with a velcro fastener across the top and also a drawstring, so if it rains while ur out and about carrying this you shouldn't have to worry. If you rummage around on the net there is a site which has a demo of the bag with the compartments showing etc.

There is also room to fit in your charger, mouse and papers/files next to it. I would say the bag is a comfortable weight with the laptop and you don't really notice the weight u are carrying , but with paper files on top obviously the extra weight may be a burden on your shoulder.

There are a couple of compartments at the front where you can put in your pens and bits and bobs. It's really smart. There are a few more designs in the Gollar range which are lovely and bright, but I didn't want a neon sign saying "I'm carrying a laptop" so I went with this design which is subtle, yet effective.

The wide strap means it doesn't dig in your shoulders. To tighten the strap it is via a strip of velcro which doesn't sound too sturdy but it does the job. I would like to shorten the strap, being the shorty that I am, but as there isn't a buckle, the velcro limits you to how much you length you can shorten it by. But it is still a comfortable length to have, its not dragging on the floor or anything :)

I was a bit concerned forking out quite an amount for a bag for my laptop, but now I would say this is definitley worth the money and will protect your laptop. It is not from flimsy material, it is sturdy and should last.

It is quite a clever idea, and I think its quite fashionable too.

Hand Built By Robots
Hand Built By Robots
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUSO!, 21 Aug 2007
This review is from: Hand Built By Robots (Audio CD)
I seen this guy on a music show for 5 mins on the tele at late night, I was a bit drunk but seeing this guy sobered me up, I thought he was awesome. Went and tried to get the album and it was sold out everywhere which I am sure was not down to dark forces, but intelligent people who can identify talent when they see it.

I love every song on this album, ok they are not complex, but you can tell that this guy is laid back if his lyrics are anything to go by.

Jack Johnson ?? I don't really have much time for him (not saying he isn't talented - just doesn't appeal to me), I think Newton is talented & can sing in his own right and should be rewarded for such.

If I were you I'd get this album, even if it is only for Dream Catch Me which I could play until the cows come home... by the way anyone seen them??

:0 )

Philips PSA615 6GB Portable Sports Audio Hard Disc MP3 Player
Philips PSA615 6GB Portable Sports Audio Hard Disc MP3 Player

3.0 out of 5 stars Time has told, 31 July 2007
Luckily I grabbed this at a bargain price. I'm glad I didn't pay over the odds as I would not recommend that you do.

The earphones I found were a pain and do not stay in place for long periods (it may be my ears but who knows!! :0) ) I use my nike ear phones for workouts.

I experienced the screen freezing with the Philips logo for about a minute and a half before it would go onto the music screen. Please note you can go onto the website and they can suggest solutions for problems that they have been told about. I found 'softly resetting' the device, which resets it without losing any of your music was a solution (well for now anyway).

As above, time will tell if this is a permanent solution, but just to let you kno that there is the possibility of resolving the freezin problem. I just hope this doesn't have to be done often.

It is a good device and it does hold all my songs from my computer (over 1000) and it is good for working out, you can choose your selections of songs by genre, artist or song title. I'd give it 7/10 but wouldn't pay the RRP for it.

***

I would like to update my last review of this product. It has been a sturdy device (been dropped etc and still works). I have used it often since my last review and have had no further problems and would recommend the same. I would invest in some decent headphones for it but the device itself is good. I'd give it 8.5/10 now. Sometimes the shuffle device, with over 1000 songs on it will shuffle the same ones and you wonder how out of that money songs it is possible for the same song to come round after 4 songs or fewer, but there are a lot worse mp3s out there :)

Disco Kandi: The Mix
Disco Kandi: The Mix
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars disco kandi, good enuff to eat, 3 July 2007
This review is from: Disco Kandi: The Mix (Audio CD)
Recently bought & glad I did!

This combines commercial songs together with more unknown tracks that get you boppin and thinkin 'god this is good'.

Can't wait to listen to while I'm gettin ready for my next nite out :0)

Luv Hed Kandi, and with this the legacy continues. I would recommend, but then again I do like my kandi.

R&B Love: The Classics
R&B Love: The Classics
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Combination, 3 July 2007
This review is from: R&B Love: The Classics (Audio CD)
Some good songs on this. I wasn't too keen to get it due to a fair amount of unknown tracks, but I'm glad I did. Good combination of r'n'b with Brandy's I wanna be down to Sean Paul's I'm still in love to Next's funky wifey and the fab 112 with the classic 'only you'.

The first CD is more upbeat & the second CD is a bit mushy, but I suppose it is a 'love' album.

If ya like some of the tracks on this, then I'm sure you will like most of the 'unknown' ones and it's well worth a listen to... not bad 4 a compilation album at all.... Enjoy :0 )

Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo: 4 - Abs And Glutes [DVD]
Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo: 4 - Abs And Glutes [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy Blank's Tae-Bo

5.0 out of 5 stars Billy Rocks!, 20 Feb 2007
Billy knows what he's doing. You get the American cheese with it but Billy gets away with it. He works out with you, you see him sweat, he knows you can mess up and he lets you get away with it.

You wanna feel those abs & [...] muscles burn baby???? Buy this DVD.

It is great tho when you hear the cool down music, you just know you've done great, even if you can't complete it all but have done some of it you know you've still worked hard.

I have a number of his workouts energise, and get ripped. Recommend those too for a good sweat.