Profile for Raziel > Reviews

Content by Raziel

Raziel

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift., 11 Dec 2013
Apologies if this is an odd review... Purchased this for my aunt's funeral as she had a life-long wish to ride a Harley. She got that wish and was featured in the local paper and it was one of the best days of her life. She will have this badge with her forever. Lovely quality and received quickly. Thank you!

Dangerous Gifts: A Babylon Steel Novel
Dangerous Gifts: A Babylon Steel Novel
by Gaie Sebold
Price: 6.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 11 Dec 2013
Read the book from cover to cover in 48 hours and loved it throughout. Frankly I thought it was better than the first Babylon Steel book and from me that is no small compliment.

Authentic RDX Leather Ladies Pro Gloves Fitness Womens Gym Wear Exercise Workout
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: 10.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Dec 2013
Great product and shipped ridiculously quickly. Cannot fault it at all. Have bought these as a present for my wife and will be buying a set for myself.

Technote 7 inch and 8 inch Bongo Set - Natural Wood
Technote 7 inch and 8 inch Bongo Set - Natural Wood
Price: 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic item - my son will love it., 11 Dec 2013
Lovely looking and sounding - have purchased for my young son as his first musical instrument. They're sturdy and well made and I'm sure he's going to love them.

Star Wars Set Of 4 Coasters Boxed Officially Licensed
Star Wars Set Of 4 Coasters Boxed Officially Licensed
Offered by RockOfAges
Price: 7.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and fast service, 11 Dec 2013
Nicely packaged and each coaster features a beautiful, classic styled picture from the original trilogy. Exactly what i was hoping for.

Men's Fitness Fat Loss
Men's Fitness Fat Loss
by Joe Warner
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed., 17 July 2013
This review is from: Men's Fitness Fat Loss (Paperback)
Purchased to help burn away fat having built a lot of muscle under a different program, but unfortunately I found this a very disappointing magbook in that the giant sets were set up in such a way that you would need the sort of space and equipment you're just not going to get in most gyms. For instance, one giant set calls for deadlifts, barbell rows, barbell shoulder press AND barbell squats. For most of us, this is going to mean four different barbells as we don't lift the same weights on all of those exercises, except perhaps on squat and deadlift, but I certainly can't get that weight from the floor to my back. If you can, you should be lifting heavier.

Fine, you can substitute moves for alternatives, but when you're looking at doing so for so many exercises, I might as well write the plan myself. Just like the guy in the other review, I'll be returning my copy this afternoon.

Ack-Ack Macaque
Ack-Ack Macaque
by Gareth L Powell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Now one of my all-time favourite books., 16 Feb 2013
The blurb really is a thing to see. Alternate history? Nazi Ninjas? Doomsday clocks? A Spitfire piloting monkey? Part of me thought "this will be brilliant or a bloody mess," and it was the former. Good god was it the former... With intrigue, complex plots woven together that crash together into one glorious whole towards the end and a brilliant cast of characters, Ack-Ack Macaque is one of those books you just want to finish and one that leaves you pining for a sequel. The main monkey himself is one of the most memorable and enjoyable characters I have encountered to date and one that I will keenly revisit in the years to come, looking forward to passing him on to my sons when they're old enough not to repeat ALL of his phrases at school.

Buy it. Really, do. Or buy it for someone else.

Or both.

The Trench
The Trench

3.0 out of 5 stars The Trench - Review, 2 May 2012
This review is from: The Trench (Kindle Edition)
The trick of writing good flash fiction is to create a moment in a very limited time; whether that be a moment of horror, realisation, romance, tension or anything else that invokes a reaction in the reader. While The Trench is a very short piece of writing the end, which I won't spoil for you, completely shifts the atmosphere from one of tension and visceral body horror to one of chilling despair, leaving you with a grim smile on your face.