Profile for KazN > Reviews

Content by KazN

KazN

Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS (Understanding) (Family Doctor Books)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS (Understanding) (Family Doctor Books)
by Kieran J. Moriarty

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 21 Sep 2014
What an excellent little book this is. Clear and understandable in layman's terms. All the little things I had worried about might be something more - well, it all became clear as to why I was suffering and what I could do to help myself. In turn, I have stopped worrying about symptoms and changed my diet slightly and that has proved beneficial. Definitely recommended.

Lift Weights to Lose Weight 2 [DVD] [2012] [US Import]
Lift Weights to Lose Weight 2 [DVD] [2012] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Kathy Smith
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the middle-aged exerciser, 11 May 2014
This has a weights/toning section split into three target areas and also a 20 minute gym ball workout. The toning workout is good if you have limited space to exercise in - perhaps not the gym ball one though as she warms up by swinging the ball overhead! Kathy Smith talks to you in an unpatronising way, giving good tips for posture as you are working out (keep your shoulders down, etc). Very good warm-ups and cool-downs also. I found this at the right level for someone approaching age 50 who does sporadic exercise, i.e. myself!

The Croods (Nintendo DS)
The Croods (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Game Trade Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good value for money, 11 May 2014
I agree totally with rupert as previously reviewed. Very disappointed, silly games, silly unlockables, complete waste of money. Very small graphics on DS also.

Joan Jade and the Gates of Xibalba (Nintendo DS)
Joan Jade and the Gates of Xibalba (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Startup Media

1.0 out of 5 stars mistake!, 4 Feb 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
What an appalling game. Very short, poor storyline, some hidden items practically invisible, limited amount of puzzles - just increasing difficulty as you progress. Whoever designed this game must have made a fortune as very little thought has gone into it I should think. The title lures you in, but don't be fooled!

Runaway: The Dream Of The Turtle (Nintendo DS)
Runaway: The Dream Of The Turtle (Nintendo DS)
Offered by clickforgamesltd

4.0 out of 5 stars can't put it down.., 16 Sep 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I am really enjoying this game. I initially found it a bit odd that when you move the curser round the screen to investigate things it zooms in for a close up, but like any game you soon get used to the controls. To pick things up or look into them you only have to press the A button once the magnifying glass is hovering over an item, again, something that you soon get used to. As in all these type of games there are frustrating parts when you can see what you need to do but can't find the item to do it with, or you can't work out which item to combine with which but there is a help button which highlights the areas/items you may have missed. Its taken me hours of gameplay so far and I'm only on the third chapter, so I am pleased with it and I think it is definitely good value for money. Just needs a bit of perseverance.

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle (Nintendo DS)
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Gateway Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars almost didn't buy it.., 8 Sep 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Based on other reviews I nearly didn't buy this, but now I'm glad I did. I am finding it really entertaining. Yes, it is frustrating in places and most of the game I have played with the "sparkle star" hints on, without which I feel it would have been pretty difficult. Its quite a typical game where you put items that Captain Morgane has collected together to progress the game, not always obvious and you do have to give it a bit of thought. Some of the conversations the main character has with others have to be in exactly the right order or you can't progress - I found that out after about half an hour going back and forth constantly and trying obscure combinations - bit frustrating but got there eventually. The scenes are nice and varied and the music changes from scene to scene but I would agree that the moving characters aren't brilliant, but then it is a small screen with lots of details to fit in. Its given me about 11 hours gameplay at the moment and I am nowhere near finishing. I would recommend it if you like these sort of games for sure.

Bejeweled 3 (Nintendo DS)
Bejeweled 3 (Nintendo DS)
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally addictive, 24 Aug 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Its been ages since I had a game I couldn't put down. I'm now playing till very late at night and yawning all the next day at work! This is so addictive and fun - the best match 3 game I own for sure.

Emergency Room Real Life Trauma Rescues (Nintendo DS)
Emergency Room Real Life Trauma Rescues (Nintendo DS)
Offered by GeeksWholesaler

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 24 Aug 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This was an awful game. Bad graphics, unresponsive, poor storyline and very repetitive in places. I've tried selling it on but no-one wants it. Waste of money.

Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets Witch Trails of 1692 (Nintendo DS)
Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets Witch Trails of 1692 (Nintendo DS)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars much better than the usual of its type, 14 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having purchased a fair few of these hidden object games, I thought this one was a cut above most of the others. The itinerary items you put together to solve a step are quite logical, unlike the obscure combinations in some games. The puzzles included are neither too hard nor too easy and give the brain a good workout, with the option of skipping if you just can't get it. I will be playing this again for sure and if you like this sort of game I definitely recommend it.