Profile for J. Doy > Reviews

J. Doy (Northampton)

Lightweight Folding Picnic Table & Chairs Set
Lightweight Folding Picnic Table & Chairs Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 4 Feb. 2015
Bought the folding table to use as extra seating for the children at Christmas. It lasted one meal before it broke, the seat cracked when an average sized adult sat on it! It was so flimsy when it was put up it just about held the weight of 3 four year olds!

Sew!
Sew!
by Cath Kidston

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment!, 7 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Sew! (Paperback)
I was bought this book for Christmas and was really looking forward to making the projects. Two projects in and I'm going to give up as I'm at the end of my tether! (My long suffering boyfriend will be pleased as he's fed up of listening to me swear and rant!)
Firstly, the intructions are confusing and lack visual aids.In particular the Knitting bag, the intructions don't make sense and I ended up making up my own. My mother, who runs her own curtain making business was at a total loss too! Secondly the pattern pieces are incorrect. I was making the Inside out Tote and found out that the handle pattern piece Q is 5cm too short. Luckily I had bought extra fabric.
If you enjoy a challenge and don't mind raised blood pressure buy it, if not then I'd look for something else!