Profile for Sobainsky > Reviews

Content by Sobainsky

Sobainsky "Alex" (U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Regression To Times and Places (Meditation Series)
Regression To Times and Places (Meditation Series)
by Dr Brian Weiss
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Too rushed, 28 Sep 2013
I have read His books. They are indeed very good and worth reading. If you then move on and want to experience regression or even just learn how to meditate look around to find what works for you. I personally could not get on with Brian's voice. But my main criticism on the CD and his other audio works is that he is too fast. Relaxation, entering trance, journey - he seems to steam engine through it. By the time I managed to focus on relaxing my facial muscles he was already at the feet. If possible have a listen before you buy.

Elmex Child Toothpaste 50ml
Elmex Child Toothpaste 50ml
Offered by Pharmacie MATHON-MEUNIER - Pharma2M

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct 2012
My daughter disliked most tooth pastes available in supermarkets as 'they didn't taste nice'. My friend from Germany who is a dentist recommended this one. I personally use elmex for the past 20yrs. My daughter likes it, teeth are nice and healthy with brushing x2 per day (evening electric with my supervision). Great tooth paste.

Elmex Junior Toothpaste 2 x 75ml
Elmex Junior Toothpaste 2 x 75ml
Offered by Comptoir Santé

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct 2012
Being a german I knew elmex for a long time - recommended by my friend in Germany who is a dentist I switched my 7yr old from standard supermarket products to elmex: tastes nice according to my daughter, and we both noticed her teeth getting whiter within 3weeks of usage.

Katadyn Pocket  Water Filter
Katadyn Pocket Water Filter
Offered by water-shop

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 14 April 2012
Bought for kilimanjaro trek - did not disappoint. Easy to use and handle. Water quality excellent. On kilimanjaro at 3700m onwards water looks bit brownish - after filtered clear as anything. Also none of us got sick. Great product.

FoxHunter 14FT Trampoline Set Max Load 200kg Includes Safety Net Enclosure worth �49.99 All Weather Cover worth �19.99 And Ladder worth �19.99 TUV GS EN-71 CE Certified RRP �499.99 Total Saving �280 Off the Package
Offered by KMS Distributions LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars only fair, 14 April 2012
Arrived as 3 packages, poles sticking out, holes in package - t.n.t. delivery man quote 'flimsy package'.
Instructions missing hence could not check if parts complete. After 2 hours trying to assemble frame it became obvious that 24 screws missing. Got them from BQ for £5. After assembly went o.k.
Bounce not that good according to my kids who have been on many different trampolines.
Bit disappointing.

Vortigern 14ft Trampoline + Safety Net Enclosure + Ladder & Cover 14' CE & TU...

3.0 out of 5 stars only fair, 14 April 2012
Arrived in 3 packages, poles sticking out, holes in package - quote t.n.t. delivery man 'flimsy packaging'.
Instructions were missing, so I could not check if all parts present. 2 hours after trying to assemble frame it became obvious there are 24 screws missing - either fell out of package (likely) or not put in. Went to BQ and got screws 8mm for £5.
After that all went well and put trampoline up. Overall o.k. but bounce is not as great as other trampolines my kids have been on. Bit disappointed overall.

York Workout Tower
York Workout Tower

2.0 out of 5 stars Room for Improvement, 18 April 2011
This review is from: York Workout Tower (Sports)
Overall solid Workout Tower. However ... can't do proper push-ups as you otherwise knock your head on the middle metal pole that connects the main standing poles - lost 1 star here. Next assembly instructions were clear but numerous parts were missing - most crucial one specific bolt which luckily I had spare in my extensive bolt collection, but I gather others may have to travel to hardware shop for this. Also one grip was missing and one cover piece - this costs further 2 stars as I would expect from a product to at least come complete. Would have given 4 stars as it is a nice piece of kit if they would have delivered complete.

Buddhism: Tools for Living Your Life
Buddhism: Tools for Living Your Life
by Vajragupta

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 16 Dec 2009
For many years I found Buddhism so out of this world even so I loved the Philosophy behind it. Every book I read made me realize more that I can't practice Buddhism in a fast living society / the western world until someone recommended this book to me. It's not about the religious aspects or even giving you instructions in how to get enlightened etc. - it's about living a life as a Buddhist in a western society. I particularly like the chapters about mindfulness and awareness in day-to-day living - it certainly made me a more relaxed person. I am far less stressed these days as I'm watching myself how I'm interacting with the world and what the world does to me in good as in bad ways. There is so much wisdom and practical advice in this piece of artwork. If you want to know how Buddhism fits into our western world, this is the book to read.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beginner's Bike, 16 Dec 2009
We started with our first daughter with one to these wooden walking bikes - they cost quite some money and aren't that great. Far to long for little ones to sit on the seat and reach the handle bar. This one got the geometry just right. My first daughter started on this one aged 4yrs. She had practiced before with the wooden walking bike. Within 2weeks she made the transition to a normal bike without stabilizers. That's the whole point of the walking bikes. They get so good with their balance that they don't need stabilizers from the start when going on a real bike. My second daughter is now the proud owner. She is only 2yrs and has already mastered the balance. Real great product. Plus good resale value on ebay (I checked that before committing to the price).

Philips HD4644/00 White Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt - 1.7 Litre
Philips HD4644/00 White Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt - 1.7 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy with ?which, 16 Dec 2009
Price is good, fast and reliable, taste of water is neutral. Best Buy with ?which (recent review). Very economic.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3