Profile for Blackwell754 > Reviews

Ladies Long Sleeve Premium Oxford Formal Shirts Sizes 8 to 24 - WORK & CASUAL
Offered by sakclothing
Price: 10.95 - 12.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is way off!, 25 Jan 2014
I received this item on time but it was not as described. I ordered a size 8 in black and the true size was around a 10, possibly a 12. The sleeves were also puffy. However the shirt is a good thick fabric and once my local tailor had taken in the body and the sleeves it looked lovely in time for job interview.

I have contacted the seller requesting a size 6 to be sent as I'm very disappointed with having to pay out an extra 12 to fix the sizing issue.

Sins of the Sexual Sadist
Sins of the Sexual Sadist
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars sins of the sexual sadist, 20 Jan 2014
Downloaded to kindle fire HD over a week ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it, chilling in places. I liked how the book was presented. I will certainly be buying from this author again. Good stuff Chelsea x

Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3)
Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3)
Price: 5.01

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, 14 Nov 2013
I loved divergent and Insurgent however this book was completely different and I knew from the beginning what was about to happen. In custody and awaiting trial for unleashing the Edith Prior video, Tris now has to work out what is going on outside the fence, however the story cuts between her thoughts and the through the thoughts of Tobias (Four). Evelyn is determined to destroy the faction system but there are those who are loyal to the old way of life and so we see Johanna Reyes teaming up with Marcus and Tori (who is killed) when Tris, Tobias, Christina, Uriah, Caleb and Peter exit the city.

The end up "the Bureau" which controls the city as a scientific experiment based on the premise that the population are genetically damaged and those who are divergent like Tris are "Genetically Pure" or GP and those who are not are GD "Genetically Damaged". The city (Chicago) is one of many in the United States, however this one is on the brink of being closed down. David, the leader of the experiment isn't prepared to let this happen and Tris realises that she's up against an enemy. He watched the city tear itself apart rather than step in and help, and then was willing to use memory serum to wipe their memories and start over which would effectively change who they are.

Big thing that really bothered me about the story was that there were too many unexplained back stories - Tris' mother Natalie was from the outside and knew David and he had a thing for her. In one scene he shouts "Her!" At Tris while under the influence of truth and fear serum. Why does he shout that at Tris? Is there something he's hiding about her? At one point I thought we were going to find out she was David's daughter. Then Uriah's pointless death- he's injured at the explosion with barely a mark on him but finds himself in a coma. I'm sorry but that's so unrealistic it annoys me. This is simply to justify a visit into the city. I remember seeing Roth in a video and she says she has no problem killing of characters, is this because she has enough money now?

Then of course there is Tris...there are no words for it. Does Roth imagine this is a Shakespearian type death? If you are going to kill off the main character give the reader a happy ending, save the city properly. The ending didn't satisfy anyone. Tobias struggles with his life and hinting at a small friendship with Christina does nothing. Repairing life with Evelyn two years later in a broken city and going zip lining with ashes doesn't show he's moved on let alone happy.

By far the worst ending to a trilogy I have ever read.

Kindle Fire 7", LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB
Kindle Fire 7", LCD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB
Price: 129.00

3.0 out of 5 stars kindle fire- I'd rather keep it simple., 28 May 2013
I'm quite disappointed with this kindle for two reasons. One, the charging point has broken twice despite being left sitting in a natural position with the cable in. Two, the battery life is quite poor compared to my first basic kindle. I don't run any apps so I just read books and if I charge it all night I will get roughly 12 hours before it dies. I haven't worked out what drains it so I can only assume its the silly backgrounds and "additional" features.

Skechers Womens Grey Lace Up  5 UK
Skechers Womens Grey Lace Up 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic study trainer, 28 May 2013
The trainers arrived way before I was expecting them and were in great condition. The fit was perfect, I'm a size 5.

The colour is great and although I've trudged through the rain they still look brand new. The sole is quite thick and this makes walking long distances or standing for a long time easier.

I will definitely be purchasing a second pair, maybe in a different colour!

Sleex High Waist Super Control Shaper
Sleex High Waist Super Control Shaper
Offered by Sleex UK
Price: 24.95

1.0 out of 5 stars These are TIGHTS!!, 30 Jan 2013
I'm so angry I paid the price I did for a pair of TIGHTS without the legs.

Let me explain, I'm size 10. I decided I didn't like the tummy I had since I had my son and maybe I didn't like my legs after all. However I do have a good frame and I'm always being told I have a good figure. I just want to look a bit tighter. But the following statements are entirely untrue:

"powerful compression" -"dream of" -"let you drop up to a dress size in an instant"

You get better from a pair of control tights that probably cost around 5/6

These are not high compression at all. I feel I've been misled and I'd have kept my money and went to the high street with it.

The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD)
The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD)
by Paul McKenna
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Convinced, although I didn't think I would be, 27 Jan 2013
I bought this after reading "I can make you thin" and doing the CD. I did lose weight. I lost 2 stone and kept it off but I wondered what the Gastric Band was all about. I'd lost the old book so I thought I'd replace it with this. It arrived very quickly and I read it in a day.

It comes with a DVD in which Paul talks you through a sort of visualisation/practical exercise that is supposed to build confidence and distract you from negative emotions. The book itself is easy reading and gives good advice. He points out all the evils of diets and of course it's all true.

The actual CD stands out as something of a magic trick in itself. Maybe I'm susceptible to hypnosis, maybe it's because I was very tired but I was completely relaxed and at one point I think I felt semi-conscious. I can remember most of it, others I can't because he was speaking through both headphones at once. However the effects were almost immediate. Before using the CD I was hungry. I hadn't eaten breakfast and it was almost lunchtime. I was preparing lunch and I decided to have an apple, but when I finished the apple I was full!

I intend to weigh myself in 2 weeks time and see if I've lost any weight. I'd also like to see if I can get into my old jeans in the next few weeks. Here's hoping! I'll update on my progress.

Dinosaur Push Along
Dinosaur Push Along
Offered by Layla's Bargains
Price: 9.75

2.0 out of 5 stars very Disappointed with this wooden toy., 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Dinosaur Push Along (Toy)
I bought this for my son as a Christmas present. He loves dinosaurs and he likes pushing things so I thought it would be perfect. However, after about 20 minutes the toy had broken up. The eyes fell out and the parts that move and make the rattling sound were hanging off.

He did not hit it off the floor or anything else. Being only 18 months the small parts that fell off are a choking hazard and ultimately it's not safe for a toddler.

Very pretty toy but its just not sturdy and unsafe for small children (the target market).

Glo-It - The Glow In The Dark Paint and Medium 29.6ml
Glo-It - The Glow In The Dark Paint and Medium 29.6ml
Offered by AJ Every Day
Price: 4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright glow in the dark paint, 27 Dec 2012
I gave this 5 stars as it does what it says: looks like white paint when applied to the walls but once it's dry and the lights are out it glows brightly. I painted stars and moons onto the wall as well as a lullaby. My kids (4 years and 18 months) can't wait for it to get dark and their walls to glow.

A further benefit is that it can be removed with hot water and a sponge if it's spilled or you tire of glowing walls! I will be buying more soon as I'm painting the walls navy blue and then putting new stars on and moons on.

Amazon Kindle FIRE (not HD model) Black Carbon Fibre Style PropUp Case Cover with incorporated Stand Feature for New Amazon Kindle Fire 7" inch Tablet (Non-HD Tablet) with G-HUB ProPen Stylus
Offered by OGADGETHUB

1.0 out of 5 stars As someone else says...it's rubbish, 25 Nov 2012
The case is cheap. Nothing like leather but a very cheap imitation. The stylus provided doesn't have anywhere to sit once you fit the kindle inside and the case doesn't close properly. It is not designed well.

Very disappointed!