Profile for Paul L > Reviews

Scrabble Score Pad
Scrabble Score Pad
Price: 7.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor show, 21 Mar 2008
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Scrabble Score Pad (Toy)
This "official" scrabble notepad is a big disappointment.

I bought it as I thought it might be nice to record our scrabble scores in a pad rather than the numerous scraps of paper that have filled the box of our scrabble set over the years.

On opening this score pad for the first time the pages were coming away from the backing... and then fell off within seconds of gentle inspection. This is a poorly bound low quality note pad.

The pages themselves perform their function, so this may still be of interest to some. Consider buying this if you happen to see it while making a trip through its rightful habitat... the pound shop.

Terrible Hostess
Terrible Hostess
Offered by Giant Entertainment
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One of Country's true stars, 25 Jan 2004
This review is from: Terrible Hostess (Audio CD)
I first heard about Carolyn Mark, through her involvement with the superb tribute to Robert Altmann's Nashville soundtrack (also available on Mint Records!), an impulse buy of mine. I bought this album sometime last year and it has remained near my CD player or in my car since. The songs, diversity of style (Bluegrass to show type tunes) and instrumentation is amazing. There are so many little details, backing singing, mandolin, mute trumpets (which always remind me of the title music to Jeeves and Wooster!), saw playing and even canned laughter. Carolyn is one half of the Corn Sisters with Neko Case, who has been getting a fair bit of attention lately, hopefully Carolyn will also get the attention she deserves in 2004.