Profile for Susan > Reviews

DCI Banks - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stephen Tompkinson
Price: 7.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Season 2 even better than Season 1, 20 Dec 2012
This review is from: DCI Banks - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
A really wonderful series. The stories are complex, the characters well explored. The Andrea Lowe and Caroline Catz characters are superb. I cannot choose between them and hope they keep both. And Stephen Tompkinson IS DCI Banks. Sorry to be so gushy, but I truly enjoyed this series.

Land Girls Series One and Two Boxed Set [DVD]
Land Girls Series One and Two Boxed Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Summer Strallen
Offered by Gift_Of_Sound
Price: 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Most Compelling and Enjoyable Series, 3 Jun 2012
The actors and the costuming and the general effort to make us feel like we really are in the WWII era make this series a cut above. The stories are engrossing and even though some of the characters change from season to season (as they would in the real life situation), the introduction of new characters is done smoothly and well. I plan to continue ordering each season as it becomes available.

At Home With The Braithwaites - Series 1-4 - Complete [DVD]
At Home With The Braithwaites - Series 1-4 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amanda Redman
Price: 23.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, 3 Jun 2012
Being a fan of Amanda Redman from watching "New Tricks" and the glowing reviews here, I was looking forward to this series. Peter Davison was another draw as I enjoyed some of his previous series (Campion and The Last Detective). But the series is horrible. The family is unlikable; you wonder why Allison doesn't take the money and run as far from all of them as possible. Others have mentioned the 'comedy' aspect of the series. I haven't noticed any - just one betrayal after another and a lot of people with really awful daydreams.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2012 5:27 PM BST

Whitechapel Series 2 [DVD]
Whitechapel Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rupert Penry-Jones
Price: 10.00

3.0 out of 5 stars No subtitles in series 2, 25 Mar 2012
This review is from: Whitechapel Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
The lack of subtitles is a disappointment, given that there is so much British slang and so many varied accents in the program.

Garrow's Law Series Three [DVD]
Garrow's Law Series Three [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrew Buchan
Price: 12.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Show - Done too Soon!!, 16 Feb 2012
I have so enjoyed this series. I appreciated the history that was incorporated into the compelling stories. I cannot say enough good things about the series. I was so sad to find that the BBC has chosen not to renew the program. I thought this hideous kind of programming decision was peculiar to the powers that be in U. S. television. Apparently not. Shame BBC One.

Gilmore Girls - Complete Season 1-7 [DVD]
Gilmore Girls - Complete Season 1-7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lauren Graham
Price: 43.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should get to know the Gilmore Girls, 14 Jan 2012
I didn't know anything about the show when I ordered this series. It is nicely boxed, each season individually ensconced in its own case (6 discs per case). I haven't enjoyed a series as much since I first discovered "Doc Martin". And, it's a wonderful bargain - less than half of what the region 1 series costs .