Profile for S. Gilliland > Reviews

Content by S. Gilliland

S. Gilliland (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
ZD-V+ Vibration-Feedback USB Wired Gamepad Controller Joystick Support PC(Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10) & PS3 & Android (PS architecture) - [Black]
Offered by William_G

5.0 out of 5 stars feels good in the hand i, 11 April 2016
Exactly as described, feels good in the hand i.e. not cheap materials. Excellent.

Caig DeOxit D5 Contact Cleaner Spray (142g)
Caig DeOxit D5 Contact Cleaner Spray (142g)
Offered by Cablestop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Costly but make sure it is the one you need, 18 Jun. 2014
This spray cleaner is for cleaning and does not lubricate, if using on switches and potentiometers you should use one with a lubricant, e.g. Craig DeOxit FaderLube. I actually used a wee squirt of this moved the switch/pot a number of times to work it in then used FaderLube as my unit hadnt been looked at in 20 years and I wanted to make sure it was done right!!

75 OHM INDOOR TELESCOPIC TV AERIAL TV/FM SIGNAL ANTENNA
75 OHM INDOOR TELESCOPIC TV AERIAL TV/FM SIGNAL ANTENNA
Offered by Lettuce Eat

1.0 out of 5 stars I only got this for radio, 18 Jun. 2014
I have a single aerial that came with a usb tv tuner (used in a seperate room), however with this setup I only recieve 2 FM channels. I decided to give this a go - the supplier was very good and delivery was fast with no problems. I plugged the unit into my tuner and have no radio stations whatsoever. The build quality inside the unit is very poor and the soldering could have been done better to retain the signal.

My advice as a radio aerial useless. Not even worth the effort of returning. I may try resoldering later and see if any use can be got out of the unit.

APC SMT750I Smart-UPS,500 Watts /750 VA,Input 230V /Output 230V, Interface Port SmartSlot, USB

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent UPS, 2 Oct. 2013
I am running a QNAP TS669 Pro from this. The load is about 14% which gives plenty of time for the NAS to shutdown in the event of power failure.

Kingston 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non ECC CL9 SODIMM Single Rank x 8
Kingston 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non ECC CL9 SODIMM Single Rank x 8
Offered by Mihatsch-Trading inkl. 19% Mwst und Rechnung

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in my NAS, 2 Oct. 2013
I bought two of these. One for my QNAP TS669 Pro and one for a TS659 Pro II. Both work well with no problems.

Tuxen Guatemala Antigua Coffee Beans 1000 g
Tuxen Guatemala Antigua Coffee Beans 1000 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I have tried yet, 29 Jun. 2012
Being new to the whole grinding beans, filters and coffee I have been trying different type of beans (ok only about 10 different beans so far). These by far are the best for my tastes. There are a number of people who have tried these here who have been into real coffee far longer than I and are agreed that these beans are the best I have bought. In fact I am so disappointed by the last bean I bought that I am going to halt my quest on sampling beans from round the world to buy another bag of these and restore my faith in the grind your own experience.

I can see that one person has left a single star review and they are certainly entitled to their own opinion as well as sense of taste not everyone likes the same thing all I can say is try them and explore a little!

VonHaus Nano 3.0 Media Player- HD TV Digital Mini Media Player - 1080p - MKV - Play any file from USB HDDs/Flashdrives/Memory Cards
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 21 Sept. 2011
The unit is small, even smaller than it's remote!! The unit is in a metal box, which I am glad to see, rather than plastic. The power supply is a plug type which means it is seperate from the main unit, this is good as it means there are no overheating problems. The only thing it does not come with that you may need is a hdmi lead.

I tested this unit with a mkv film (about 1hour 40 mins long) a double episode of a well known tv show (which I had recorded and converted to mkv) and a few avi files. I would have liked to see a contrast/ brightness control on the setup menu (maybe there is one and I have missed it) as some darker scenes in the film were just a bit too dark but other than that the machine played the files with no problems even though I played one file straight after the other.

Note: the two different mkv files both contain video in H264 format one was converted with a variable bit rate (constant quality) with a max bitrate rate of 6500kb/s and the other is coverted with a constant bitrate of 4500 kb/s.

One problem I did have was with the remote, at times it seemed unresponsive but if I stopped trying to drive the button thru the remote with my finger and lightly tap it it seemed to work.

It is not the best media player in the world but for the money it is a hell of a good one. I would recommend it to anyone.

One For All SV9532 Signal Amplifier 3 Way
One For All SV9532 Signal Amplifier 3 Way

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 20 Aug. 2011
I bought this to split the signal to a set top box as well as the tv. (The set top can record digital tv and although you can feed the signal back to the tv thru it, it would have to stay on to do this - so I wanted to wire the antenna to each and then feed the set top boxes signal back to the tv via hdmi).

Anyway I have it with the boost slightly turned down and it has been working for me for over 6 months no problems. My set top box managed to tune in stations that it could not before but my tv could which was the reason I wanted one with a boost function.

So for me it has been one of those purchases where it did exactly what I wanted and as such I would have to highly recommend it.

iTALKonline ProGel CLEAR TRANSPARENT Back Cover Glossy Tough TPU Case / Skin for Apple iPad 2 (2011) 2nd generation iPad 3 "The New iPad Retina Display" 3rd Generation 4th Generation 2012 (Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G + 4G) 16GB 32GB 64GB works with GENUINE Apple iPad Smart Cover
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Back Cover, 29 July 2011
I purchased one of these to test and out of fear of the back of an iPad getting damaged. The cover is thick enough and durable enough to give peace of mind but is not too bulky as to be annoying. It actually gives better grip on the machine when carrying it with a flat palm as your able to grip the cover better than the actual aluminium of the machine.

It can be a bit tricky to fit, and so it should be in order to be a nice tight fit. Someone has written that they managed to scrape their machine using a metal spoon, I used the blunt side of a plastic knife and had no problems.

Arctic Silver 5 3.5 gram Thermal Paste and Arcticlean value pack
Arctic Silver 5 3.5 gram Thermal Paste and Arcticlean value pack
Offered by BG Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stuff, 27 Jun. 2011
I used this on a CPU I purchased second hand. The Arcticlean did an excellent job of cleaning the old paste off the top of the cpu and as for Arctic Silver itself I have know it for years that it is one of the best thermal pastes around.

So if you are going to fit a new heatsink or upgrading uing a second hand cpu I would recommend this stuff. The only question I have is why is it spelt Articlean and not Arcticlean in the title??

Page: 1 | 2