Profile for K. J. Beverstock > Reviews

Content by K. J. Beverstock

K. J. Beverstock (London)

Games of Obedience
Games of Obedience

5.0 out of 5 stars A great erotic read!, 1 Feb. 2011
I read this in paperback when it first came out, and it is seriously erotic and arousing, with an extremely clever storyline, where a plan by a man and woman to slowly draw a young innocent girl into a world of sexual domination comparable to the Story Of O goes frustratingly wrong for them The characters are complex and intriguing, the sex scenes are terrific and varied, and all in all I thought it matched the Black Lace novels by Fredrica Alleyn. I have now discovered that the author IS Fredrica Alleyn, writing under a different pseudonym, which explains why I enjoyed it so much, as I'm a huge Fredrica fan. If you too like her novels, or similar ones, then this is a `must have', and thank goodness it is now available to read as a Kindle book.
The one other thing I am waiting for is some enterprising publisher to put `Betrayal' out as an Ebook, as this is a brilliant mainstream novel by the same author under yet another name. Her website is a mine of information! Until then, I highly recommend this book for all her fans who have finished her Black Lace novels. You will not be disappointed!

Fiona's Fate: Erotic Romance (Black Lace)
Fiona's Fate: Erotic Romance (Black Lace)
by Fredrica Alleyn

5.0 out of 5 stars If you enjoyed the Cassandra novels you will love this!, 7 Dec. 2009
I am a huge fan of Fredrica Alleyn, but have always thought that her two Cassandra books were something really special even for her. I am delighted to say that Fiona's Fate is definitely as good as the Cassandra books. It's incredibly erotic, with some absolutely mind-blowing sex scenes, and the storyline is also good with very well drawn characters. You really do care for Fiona, and are with her throughout the entire book, hoping that she will cope with everything from her rich but unpleasant husband to the slow but implacable sexual awakening of her body and mind by the irresistible - to me - Alessandro Timarchi. The kidnapped mistress, Bethany, is intriguing and she and Tanya, who is involved in all Alessandro's erotic games and trials, provide a really arousing contrast to Fiona herself. If you like your erotic novels to push the boundaries, be well written and highly arousing, and you enjoyed the Cassandra novels, then this is most definitely the book for you. I'll be reading it again, and again, and again! I just wish there were a third Cassandra novel for me to read now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2010 6:56 PM GMT

The Gallery (Black Lace)
The Gallery (Black Lace)
by Fredrica Alleyn

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE NOVEL FOR EROTIC FICTION FANS......., 8 Oct. 2009
Although a keen Fredrica Alleyn fan, I had no idea what to expect from this book as the blurb on the back makes it sound quite different from the `Cassandra' novels.

Well, it is different, but in a great way. The story is fast, the characters intriguing and the sex scenes are absolutely fantastic. There's something for everyone here, and once I'd started reading it I couldn't put it down, and am now thinking of getting my own flotation tank! Great read, and loads of terrific sex scenes that blend seamlessly into the storyline. This is another `must have' for all Fredrica Alleny fans, or indeed anyone who likes well written, hot erotic novels. Highly recommended. By the way, this book is still very strong on bondage and S&M, so if that's your bag you won't be disappointed.

Dark Obsession (Black Lace)
Dark Obsession (Black Lace)
by Fredrica Alleyn

5.0 out of 5 stars A great erotic read against a background of decayed decadence, 10 July 2009
I've just finished reading Dark Obsession, and now I can't wait for the next Fredrica Alleyn reissue. I missed her books when they first came out - I was too young! - so I'm very pleased they're being re-printed. I'm amazed at how explicit the early Black Lace books were. For some reason I imagined that they were probably watered down versions of the later ones, but this is most certainly not the case with Fredrica Alleyn.

Dark Obsession is totally different from the two Cassandra novels, but just as erotic and enjoyable. It has a slightly softer edge to it, so people who found Cassandra too extreme may prefer this. I loved both the Cassandra books, but still enjoyed this, because the sex scenes are seriously hot, the story is interesting and as usual the entire novel is character driven. I must say that I do like my erotica to have interesting characters, ones who aren't simply cardboard cut outs, and Dark Obsession has a lot of great characters. Apart from the heroine, Annabel, there is the entire aristocratic Corbett-Wynne family who live at Leyton Hall, the family seat for generations, and their friends. The background of decayed decadence is terrific.

Fredrica Alleyn is very good at creating darkly perverse characters, and in this book the step-brother and sister, Crispian and Tania, are the two who fit this profile. SM and bondage, and some incredibly arousing and unusual sex games abound in the book, and the theme of delayed gratification - which features strongly in the Cassandra novels - is here as well. Innocence corrupted is also a big turn on, and the only fault I could find with Dark Obsession was that it ended too soon - or perhaps I just read it too fast!

I'd expected to give this book four stars, but once again Fredrica deserves five. Now I'll have to wait until The Gallery is reissued for my next fix. Mind you, there are plenty of other Black Lace novels to read in the meantime, thank goodness.

Cassandra's Chateau (Black Lace)
Cassandra's Chateau (Black Lace)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another terrific book!, 13 May 2009
I loved Cassandra's Conflict, and was a little apprehensive that I wouldn't enjoy Cassandra's Chateau as much. How wrong can you be! This is another terrific book by Fredrica Alleyn, and if anything I enjoyed it even more than its predecessor. The author has developed Cassandra's character in a very skilful and believable manner. She is now the Baron's permanent mistress and no longer the naïve young girl of the earlier book. However, her new position means that she is in danger of losing him as, in order to try and prevent him from becoming bored, she helps him as he begins a series of darkly erotic games with the new guest in his house, Nicola, the innocent daughter of one of his oldest friends. As Nicola slowly loses her innocence, Cassandra realises that her own position may now be in danger.

The book is fantastically erotic from the very start, and the sex scenes sizzle on the pages. The erotic charge between all the characters is incredible, and Cassandra even finds herself more involved than the Baron likes with another of his guests. I couldn't put the book down, and am amazed at how explicit these early Black Lace novels were.

The two Cassandra books are some of the best S&M/domination books I have ever read, but be warned. This time the author really does push the envelope, so if you prefer your erotica a little less edgy then this is not for you. For me it was a fantastic read, and I can't wait for further Fredrica Alleyn reissues!

Cassandra's Conflict (Black Lace)
Cassandra's Conflict (Black Lace)

5.0 out of 5 stars Eroticism and domination abound!, 8 April 2008
Frederica Alleyn is definitely one of the best erotic fiction writers ever!. Great story with believable characters, you find yourself completely embroiled in their erotic and passionate sexual escapades. I read it when it was first published and have just bought it again and can't wait to receive it. I would recommend that readers who enjoy this genre check out her other books. S&M lovers will particularly enjoy!.