Profile for R. J. Beed > Reviews

Content by R. J. Beed

R. J. Beed "rickybeed" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sandisk SDSDQB-008G-B35 - SanDisk 8GB MicroSD with microSD to SD A
Sandisk SDSDQB-008G-B35 - SanDisk 8GB MicroSD with microSD to SD A
Offered by UkMobileAccessories

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem to work with my Garmin Satnav, 27 May 2014
It doesn't seem to work with my Garmin Sat Nav and have been unable to resolve the problem (I was advised by Garmin to buy one of their recommended MicroSD cards), although it does seem to work ok otherwise.

Blood of Dragons (The Rain Wild Chronicles, Book 4)
Blood of Dragons (The Rain Wild Chronicles, Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent book in the Rain Wild Chronicles series, 2 May 2013
This is the fourth book in the Rain Wild Chronicles series. And what an excellent book it is. Filled with mystery, interesting characters and a full on storyline.

As Kelsingra comes alive, the quest for Dragons blood and parts gets closer... but don't expect that the Dragons are going to like it!

I'm really hoping that this isn't the end for this series and we'll get more books.

Finest Belgian Milk Chocolate Bag 900g - Suitable for a Chocolate Fountain - Chocolates
Offered by JM POSNER

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chocolate, 19 April 2013
I use this for making my own chocolates. It is simply the best chocolate on the market that I know of.

A Hidden Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 2)
A Hidden Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit lame, 19 April 2013
This book was a bit lame. It's put me off reading any more in the series. It was full of emotions, but lacking in excitement.

Spolier warning: With all that wonderfull magic, all they managed to acheive was creating a hot tub in the garden and a few other minor things. I know it was more of a voyage of discovery, but it just seemed to promise more, but then left you feeling disappointed.

The Archmage Unbound (Mageborn Book 3)
The Archmage Unbound (Mageborn Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 3 Jan. 2013
Another excellent book in the Mageborn series. An easy reading and engaging book.
I'm really looking forward to the next one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 19 Dec. 2012
This review is from: 2312 (Kindle Edition)
This story did not hang well together. Quite lame infact.

Such a shame when Kim's other books have been so good.

Garmin nuvi 3590LMT 5" Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates, Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but the 'LIVE 3D' is a bit rubbish, 19 Dec. 2012
The thing as a whole is good, but I wanted it mainly for the LIVE traffic to keep me out of the jams, where it has really disappointed me.

Sometimes it works well, I can see congestion comming up and that's good, but more often than not, I get to the 'congestion' to find that there is none there, but worst is how often it leads me to use a road that I know from experience is a very congestable (if that's a word) road, finding that the road is almost totaly gridlocked adding 1/2 hour to an hour to that 5 minute part of my journey, whilst insisting that there is only a 1 minute delay!!!!! And it keeps happening.

Surely it should recognise that along this 3 mile stretch I have been going 0.0001 miles an hour for the last 1/2 hour, and I've got another 2 miles to go on this stretch, so why oh why does it still insist that there is only a 1 minute delay ahead of me!!!!

Oh, and to use the 3D LIVE service, you need to connect a mobile phone to the 3590LMT via bluetooth and pay the £20 a year fee for the app.

The Line of Illeniel (Mageborn Book 2)
The Line of Illeniel (Mageborn Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 19 Dec. 2012
I really loved this book. It followed on straight after the first book, with that same easy style of reading. The author manages to keep the character real and interesting, keeping you wanting to know more all the time.

Hydor External Aquarium Heater Eth 16mm Hose, 300 Watt
Hydor External Aquarium Heater Eth 16mm Hose, 300 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant in-line heater for fish tank, 8 Nov. 2012
This in-line heater was quick to install (just cut the pipe going up to the tank from my filter and inserted it) and works great. It's so much better to have this, than have a heater in the tank and have the hassle of having to clean it, putting a guard on it to protect your fish from being burnt and the visual eyesore of having it in your tank.

The only thing to be aware of, is that it is heavier than you expect, so you do need to hook it up (via string in my case), so the weight of it and pipework does not risk pulling the pipework appart or away from the tank.

Samsung 1.8 inch S1 160GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - Chocolate Brown
Samsung 1.8 inch S1 160GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - Chocolate Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little backup drive, 8 Nov. 2012
This is a great little backup drive. I is easy to use and small enough to fit in your pocket.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4