Profile for Ms. F. Connell > Reviews

Content by Ms. F. Connell

Ms. F. Connell "Chesca" (UK)

The Oxford Book of Story Poems: 2006 Edition |a 2006 ed.
The Oxford Book of Story Poems: 2006 Edition |a 2006 ed.
by Michael Harrison
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Christening Gift, 16 Oct 2010
I first discovered this book whilst training to teach English. The best piece of advice my mentor gave me was to get a good well illustrated poetry book. I could not have found a better example and it has lasted me well through my teaching career thus far. I was delighted to find a whole host of treats all inside this one volume. From the Jabberwocky to Noah's Ark it holds so many childhood favourites with works from most of my favourite poets. When I was asked to be godparent I couldn't think of a better christening gift. As for the reviews which suggest that this is unsuitable for children, what a load of rubbish! I enjoyed most of these poems as a child, even before I could read them independently I enjoyed hearing them read to me and learnt many by heart. Unless you believe in dumbing down children's literary experience his is a deserving read for adults and children alike.

The Art of Pole Dancing: A Spin-by-spin Guide
The Art of Pole Dancing: A Spin-by-spin Guide
by Peekaboo Pole Dancing Ltd
Price: 5.84

1.0 out of 5 stars Pole dancing guide which teaches you not to lean on the pole or spin !!!!!, 4 April 2007
If you are serious about learning to pole dance then do not purchase this guide! The title and description of this book is extremely misleading, it does not contain any moves or tricks which use the pole and actually discourages you from leaning on or using the pole for support, let alone lifting any weight and spinning around the pole as the title suggests. After researching Peekaboo's other products I realised that this guide was intended for use with their "Toy" pole which is not suitable for taking any weight and merely intended as a visual aid. If you are just looking for a bit of fun and nothing too strenuous then this might be ok, however if you really do want to spin around a pole get lessons or buy another guide.