Profile for Mr. N. A. Crampton > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. A. Crampton

Mr. N. A. Crampton "Neil from Notts" (Notts UK)

Kidde 0230 BSI Battery Premium Range Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display
Kidde 0230 BSI Battery Premium Range Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and install, 6 Sep 2010
I orignally wanted to buy the lower spec model but as my original unit died quickly the delivery lead time from Amazon was 3 weeks so I I opted for this higher spec model.

It is easy to set up but be careful when you test the alarm as it is rather loud (as you would hope it would be).

The read out display is an added detail which gives additional piece of mind so long as it stays at zero.

If the alarm does go off then the reading on the display will change giving you an indication of the severity of the leak in a numeric form.
You would have to read the instruction booklet to understand in detail what each value means.

The visual display along with a small beep will also tell you when the batteries are low and also when the unit needs replacing.
The visual display also has a backlight but I am sure if the alarm goes off you would not bother to use this.

Just one small note. The unit does not come with a seperate bracket as the lesser spec unit but has a built in bracket on the back of the unit. Fixings are supplied along with batteries.

So far the unit remains silent!

Philips PET 720/05 Portable Multi-region Capable DVD Player with 7" Display
Philips PET 720/05 Portable Multi-region Capable DVD Player with 7" Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 1 Mar 2010
This was bought a couple of years ago now so this may not be of any help to anyone, but just in case.

Two years on and it is working perfectly, it has the added bonus of being region free very easily and it has also been able to read every disc I have thrown at it, which cannot be said for my £250 sony DVD player sat in my lounge.
It is strange that the lesser known or even the very lesser known budget dvd's can play just about anything and most of the high end brands cannot. Any way this is for another day!

It is a little noisy especially when playing "backed up" copies of media on DVD-R discs etc.

Picture quality for the size is incredible and the sound is good through the built in speakers, better through headphones and is exceptional hooked up to a surround sound system even through the analogue leads.

For the Money I still don't believe that two years on there is another portable DVD player that can match it.

Technology has moved on and I-pods etc are now all the rage, but if you want to actually see what is on the screen without squinting this is the one for you.

Anthems - Electronic 80s
Anthems - Electronic 80s
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Music of the Generation!, 1 Mar 2010
The usual suspects plus a few of the better known less popular 80's tracks. If you do not own one of the many 80's compilations then should put you hand in your wallet for this one as it is one of the best.

Lowepro Clips 110 Bag For Digital Camcorder - Black
Lowepro Clips 110 Bag For Digital Camcorder - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother buying the brnaded bags, 3 Aug 2009
I cannot understand why when you buy a camcorder or camera why you would want to spend all that money on a branded bag unless it is part of a deal.
This bag cost less than a quarter of the price of the branded bag for my camcorder and is better. The padding is very thick and protects my camcorder very well. It is small on the inside but so is my camcorder. My spare battery is sepertated from my camcorder with a divider pad that is attached by velco. This allows you to seperate the main compartment. Side and end pockets allow you to house your memory cards and leads if needed.
Great product at a good price.

ByteStor 4GB Micro SDHC Class 4 Universal Pack (includes USB Reader + Adapter)
ByteStor 4GB Micro SDHC Class 4 Universal Pack (includes USB Reader + Adapter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 3 Aug 2009
This is exactly what I was expecting. The card cannot always be read on its own in different computers but will work when using the card reader.
Can't fault the quality for the money.

Mad Catz Wii Fit Rechargeable Battery Pack (Wii)
Mad Catz Wii Fit Rechargeable Battery Pack (Wii)
Offered by TheGamesWarehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and it works!, 28 May 2009
I was a bit sceptical of this prodcut due to the price.
It arrived in an official plastic sealed pack. The kind that you need scissors to break into. It fits perfectly into the battery slot on the Wii and has the facility to synchronise in position.
One thing i do like is that the red light on the unit goes out when the unit is fully charged which is handy.
The instruction state that the batteries will last 20 hours when fully charged but at the moment I get about 10 hours which I am more than happy with. Its easy to charge as the usb cable fits into the wii. The cable is about 1.5 meters long which is more than long enough.
Great product for the price.

Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker - Cool Blue
Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker - Cool Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Looses its charm after a bit, 28 May 2009
It looks great and when I originally bought this it was used a lot.
After a short time it beacme easier to use a normal mortar and pestle.
The thing is that you are restricted in what you can put into the shaker and adding different ingredients at different stages is not the easiest.
It's not very good at breaking up nuts but I am not sure that it was designed to do this.

I would stick to a Mortar and pestle if you grind/mix ingredients often.

One tip is to make sure that the top is locked firmly when using liquids. I have nearly had salad dressing all over the kitchen a couple of times.

Transformers Movie - Cyber Stompin Bumblebee
Transformers Movie - Cyber Stompin Bumblebee

5.0 out of 5 stars My Nephew loves this toy, 28 May 2009
I bought this toy for my nephew a few years ago but have only got round to reveiwing now.
The reason for this is that its still his favourite toy and his 2 year old brother has designs on it.
After two years the original batteries are still working and it looks in the same condition as it came out of the box.
This is remarkable as it oftens gets thrown around the room mimicking flight.

I may have to buy another one for my other nephew as this rate.

Hozelock 2490 20m Auto Rewind Hose Reel
Hozelock 2490 20m Auto Rewind Hose Reel

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what my parents wanted, 28 May 2009
I bought this for my parents as they needed a hose that would rewind automatically as they are not getting any younger.
This is ideal for them and its handy that it can be pushed up against the wall when not in use. Price was best at amazon at the time.
Would recoomend this product.