Profile for Gary Hilton > Reviews

Content by Gary Hilton

Gary Hilton "ursinebrute" (Lancashire)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Iams Cat Food ProActive Health Adult With Norwegian Salmon and Chicken 3 kg - Pack of 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Fussy Pussy!, 3 Jun 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My cat is a fussy eater. She prefers wet food or pouches but she is piling on the pounds so I have often tried to get her onto dry food for its health benefits. A typical pattern always emerges whenever I try this: day 1 she gobbles down the new dry food like she's never been fed before. Day 2 she calms down a bit and by Day 3 she has lost all interest in the new dry alternative. This Iams has fallen into the same pattern I'm afraid, but this shouldn't be indicative of its value, more just my fussy cat!

The Host [DVD]
The Host [DVD]
Dvd ~ Saoirse Ronan
Offered by MusicnMedia

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, 30 May 2013
This review is from: The Host [DVD] (DVD)
God this boring! I was expecting a modern day remake of " invasion of the body snatchers" but instead I got a girly teenage fantasy/ romance love story.
This is completely underwhelming and tedious. Avoid
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2013 2:27 PM BST

Beacon Phoenix Bluetooth Portable Speaker - Red
Beacon Phoenix Bluetooth Portable Speaker - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking item!, 29 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is ace! Sound is good and it can be turned up quite loud without any distortion. Connection seems easy via wireless bluetooth and the relatively simple and uncomplicated controls on the face of the speaker make this a breeze to use!
Highly recommended!

Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCIe Audiophile Grade Gaming Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp and Desktop Audio Control Module
Offered by marashopping

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, clear sound if a little overpriced, 27 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is always with a bit of trepidation that I try and write a review for electrical items, especially audio equipment, when other reviewers are going on about Dolby, Bass and other technical specifications. As a middle aged bloke who still thinks his in car stereo sounds ok I have no such qualifications so rather than try and and talk about something I know nothing about I shall simply speak from the heart.

I got my teenage son to install this item, and watching him I have to admit that doing it alone would be a bit daunting. Once installed there is no doubt that sound quality is impressive, but is it really £180 times better? I don't do a lot of online gaming but certainly video and music is very crisp, and my son is looking forward to trying Call of Duty on it, but I would be a little reticent to spend the best part of £200 on this. Unless you are someone like a budding DJ who requires top end sound quality then I would suggest that the casual user looks elsewhere?

Philips AVENT Comfort Single Electric Breast Pump - UK 3pin Plug
Philips AVENT Comfort Single Electric Breast Pump - UK 3pin Plug

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable & effective, 20 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are plenty of breast pumps available on the market, and I would expect most new mothers choose one model and then use it without having an alternative to compare it to? Well this was the case here, but my wife repors rhat it is very comforaybale to use and milk expression seems very good.
It seems a little on the loud side but this is something that is only used in the home so that's not really a problem.

G Data Total Protection 2013 3 user 1 year license (PC)
G Data Total Protection 2013 3 user 1 year license (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all round protection, 19 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
G Data Total Protection 2013, offers all round proection including anti-malware, a firewall, anti-spam, parental control and an Android app.
The main G Data Total Protection 2013 control panel is very fussy and a bit cluttered, but it's still easy to find your way around. On the right-hand side of the control panel are separate panes covering the key functions, such as scanning and updates, but also the secondary functions, like parental control and tune-up.
These are coloured differently, making it look as if the options are greyed-out and unavailable. They're not.
To the left of these panels are two real-time graphs of processor use, so you can see at a glance how intensely the PC is working in general and on these internet-security tasks. Of the other functions, the Tuner does an effective job of overall housekeeping, like defragmenting hard drives, and also suggests security improvements it can make for you automatically.
The only real criticism I have is a noticeable slowdown of my laptop, but overall it performed remarkably well.

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/security/3374180/g-data-total-protection-2013-review/#ixzz2TlGceV6U

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (1 PC, 1 Year subcription) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (1 PC, 1 Year subcription) (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use AND effective!, 19 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I discovered Kaspersky after a friend's recommendation. I have used this program for several years with no issues. Online security & performance is outstanding! It is very easy to use especially for someone who is technology-challenged. The program is affordable & well worth the price. The whole time I've had Kaspersky for my laptop PC, I've never had any problems with viruses, trojan horses or worms. And, I've never had anyone hack into my computer.
Buy this product now!

G Data Internet Security for HomeServer (PC)
G Data Internet Security for HomeServer (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, 17 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to admit to being a "Brand name buyer"....Norton, McAfee, AVG.......but G Data? never heard of them! so it was with a bit of apprehension that I gave this a go, but I have to be honest this performs very well and is relatively simple to navigate. If anything, it appears a little bit TOO simple with not as many in depth features as some alternatives that I have tried over the years, but the main thing is that it performs reliably with no noticeable slowdown.

Express Accounts (PC/Mac)
Express Accounts (PC/Mac)

2.0 out of 5 stars Junior Accountant struggled with it!, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Express Accounts (PC/Mac) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My son is currently in his 3rd year at university studying to be a chartered accountant, and he has used this piece of software extensively. He had a devil of a job getting the thing to work and when he did he thought that the interface was poorly designed, which is a shame as if it performs as expected it looks very promising! He had hoped to replace "Qucikbooks" with it but It caused QB to display messages saying that QB was unable to perform functions because another program was using them. Even after uninstalling, QB doesn't perform ad it did before!

G Data Bank Guard (PC)
G Data Bank Guard (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars seems to work, 16 May 2013
This review is from: G Data Bank Guard (PC) (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Do you ever wonder if the firewall on your computer actually stops hackers, or in reality is there anyone really out there in the big wide world trying to get into my little laptop? This is the same feeling I faced when using this product; it seems to work and I have not been victim of any hackers, but there again, neither was I BEFORE I installed this product. Everytime I log into my bank account I am told and reassured that they use the latest security and preventative measures, so does this add an extra layer of security or is it just a placebo?

Regardless of its' effectiveness the product was easy to install and navigation is easy, and I guess it gives me peace of mind, but truthfully I am not convinced that I would pay for this. If however you do a MAJOR amount of banking online it may be worth considering.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30