Profile for Matt > Reviews

Content by Matt

Matt

TeckNet® Power Bank 12000mAh Fast Portable Charger Battery Pack USB External Battery Power Bank Portable Mobile phone charger (Dual 5V 3.1A Output) for Apple iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected a few more charges for an iPhone 6, 6 Oct. 2014
Took a while for this to be delivered but to be honest I'm slightly underwhelmed with the charging capacity. It only manages to charge my iPhone 6 (1900 maH) 2.5 times on a full charge. I was hoping for at least 4 charges but hey ho... For the price its not too bad!

Neat Ideas Spin n Store Salad Spinner
Neat Ideas Spin n Store Salad Spinner
Offered by Neat Ideas Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, tidy and perfect for the job., 6 Oct. 2014
Fantastic product. Small enough to fit in te cupboard and not take up too much space and handy for filtering water out of some washed salad for 2. I've even used this to drain out pasta! Great piece of kit.

Expert Shield - THE Screen Protectors for: Apple iPhones *Lifetime Guarantee* (Apple iPhone 6 4.7inch Anti Glare Expert Shield)
Offered by Expert Shield

5.0 out of 5 stars 5/5 for customer service and product, 6 Oct. 2014
I'm not usually one to write reviews but on this occasion I thought it is well justified. The customer service from the Expert Shield team has been terrific. Originally I pre-ordered the crystal clear Expert Shield for the iPhone 6, however I was emailed a few days before its release that the quality of the product that they received was below their expectation and that there would be a delay to the item being dispatched. As compensation, the team were happy to refund me the delivery charge, not only that - I told them I would have bought the anti-glare version of the Expert Shield but it was not available on Amazon so I was kindly offered this at no extra surcharge. Brilliant service!

As for the product itself, it's as expected. Only a minor speck of dust trapped (my fault) but the feel and the anti-glare effect of the Expert Shield is great. Works just like my iPad Air Shield, well worth the extra money over the crystal clear in my opinion. My only criticism is that the shield does not cover the whole front fascia of the iPhone 6. I'm using an i-Blason case and even then there is approx 2mm of white bezel that is exposed all around the phone. Then again, the Expert Shield is used to protect the screen and it does a pretty good job of that so it's not enough to drop it to 4 stars.

Will definitely continue to buy these products again!

Samrick Tough Hydro Companion Smart Gel Protective Case for Apple iPad Mini & iPad Mini Retina Display & iPad Mini 3 - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible cover, misaligned holes, 11 May 2014
Bought this based on customer ratings, big mistage. Quality wise, the gel seems ok but the holes are cut out of proportion. It's a really really snug fit to the mini. Cannot charge the mini as the lightning connector pops out due to the poor cuts. On the front, the gel casing is raised so the smart cover cannot magnetically close. Absolute rubbish!

Philips HTL5120/12 Wireless Soundbar Speaker with 120W Integrated Subwoofer/Orientation Sensor

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bit of kit, 7 Jan. 2014
For the price, you really can't complain. I got this in the Amazon lightning sales and at £180, it is arguably a steal. I have been looking at soundbars for a few months and originally had my heart set out for a Roth Sub Zero - which I would have purchased had I not seen this.

Why the HTL5120 over the Sub Zero? Well 2xHDMI inputs and a HDMI (ARC), plus bluetooth swung the deal for me. I had the intention of purchasing an AV receiver in addition to the Roth, but with this soundbar, I don't need to. I have a mac mini and Xbox 360 as inputs into the soundbar, with a HDMI out to the TV. Unfortunately my TV does not have ARC but the optical cable (bought separately) settles this problem.

How does it sound? Pretty good. Our flat is relatively small and it handles music and movies very well - so much so my girlfriend told me to turn the bass down during a movie. For a small flat or room, it's ideal. Considering there's no sub, I've been very impressed with the range of sounds and the clarity. This has replaced our TV speakers and does a great job. Background sounds that would normally be drowned out can now be heard.

Bluetooth- a doddle to set up and pair with any of your devices. Once paired or connected the soundbar produces a single tone to tell you it's ready, then just play your music. So far i've thoroughly enjoyed having the music stream wirelelessly.

Controls - relatively simple to understand but I'd thoroughly advise reading the manual first as having no LCD panel makes things slightly more difficult to work with. However, I do like the stealthy look it provides without an LCD.

Design - looks awesome. Rather than a rectangular bar, it has some curves and fits very well in the flat. We've opted not to wall mount ours but brackets do come with this and you can do so.

Unlike others who have reviewed, mine came with a UK 3 pin plug so please don't be frightened off from ordering now if you're thinking about buying this!

Overall: very very happy. For my needs and requirements, it's perfect. Girlfriend didn't want wires to speakers all over the flat so this was the best solution, otherwise a 5.1 system would obviously overide this. Not needing a sub also has that added bonus. HDMI and bluetooth connections are very handy. Thoroughly recommended.