Profile for Thomas Gannon > Reviews

Content by Thomas Gannon

Thomas Gannon "We're all just numbers in a database" (Leamington Spa, England)

Watchmen and Philosophy: A Rorschach Test (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series)
by William Irwin
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading, 2 Aug 2013
As a massive fan of the graphic novel and the movie this book obviously had an appeal. I've never delved in to philosophy before but I have to say this is a great collection of papers of which I enjoyed reading every word and was saddened when I finished. Well worth a read.

Turtle Beach Ear Force XL1 Headset Xbox 360 (Colour May Vary)
Turtle Beach Ear Force XL1 Headset Xbox 360 (Colour May Vary)
Price: 19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars It's okay..., 9 May 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
First with the positives:

Really, really good quality of sound; even with both 'Game' and 'Chat' turned all the way up. It's also very comfortable.

Now, for the negatives:

I did not realise how complicated the headset was and what it required to run. First I had to find an AV adaptor from my old 360 Elite box and thus proceeded to plug it in to several different slots in my television before I realised I had to plug it in to the Xbox itself as the instructions weren't clear.

Then comes the case of the 2-3m long wire dangling all over the place and the fact I have to plug a second wire in to it and my controller if I want to use the microphone...

It works really well for what it's designed for; but I was only after a simple, high quality headset I could use to chat to my friends; not five different wires lapped over me at the same time whilst I'm trying to play. My wireless controller is now no longer wireless.

Oh I almost forgot, after just over a month it's broken. Sound is crackling and of the aforementioned 'Chat' and 'Game' volume scrolls, now only the 'Game' one works and controls both the chat and game volume.

So yeah; a good 20 wasted.