Profile for wisdom wise > Reviews

Content by wisdom wise

wisdom wise (London England)

Page: 1 | 2
Vax New Ultra+ Carpet Cleaning Solution 1.5 Litre
Vax New Ultra+ Carpet Cleaning Solution 1.5 Litre
Price: 11.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims, 8 July 2014
Does what it says on the bottle! Fresh smelling and a little goes a long way. t certainly made my carpet look near new. Highly recommended.

Geox Womens D Promethea Rust Loafers D34R3D 7.5 UK, 41 EU
Geox Womens D Promethea Rust Loafers D34R3D 7.5 UK, 41 EU
Offered by Power Dressing

2.0 out of 5 stars Looked cheap and too large, 25 May 2014
I thought of Geox as a good make, and I thought these shoes would be comfy to walk about in and were good leather. I ordered the size that I always have, especially for this style of shoe.

The shoes came promptly, however though it stated the size that I asked for, the shoes appeared a size larger, especially in the length. The leather of the shoe did not look good quality and did not appear leather. The inside of the shoes was good quality leather.

No problem in returning the shoes to Amazon. I had to use a drop point as opposed to the post office, which was good, (once I found one local) as there were no queues.

Manfrotto - 5001B - Tripod
Manfrotto - 5001B - Tripod
Price: 43.95

4.0 out of 5 stars IT's good but..., 25 May 2014
I bought this light stand as I've had one for many years and felt it would be good to have an extra one when going on shoots as the size makes it portable and it is sturdy for its size.

Manfrotto is an Italian manufacturer, and as a professional photographer I have many of their light stands in different sizes, I've had them for years and all made in Italy. I went for a Manfrotto again for their quality and thinking that it would be made in Italy - how wrong I was - my new stand is made in China, and compared with the same light stand bought some while ago, the quality is not the same. It's not bad, but I could have bought a cheaper brand, which most likely is made at the same factory in China to the same specs.

Manfrotto please take the manufacture of your equipment back to Italy.

Seawhite A3 Archival Image Box
Seawhite A3 Archival Image Box
Offered by HOUSEWARES-ONLINE
Price: 19.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 25 May 2014
This review is from: Seawhite A3 Archival Image Box
This box is very good value compared with the likes of Secol portfolio boxes. However when comparing the both, you see that 'you get what you pay for'. The Seawhite image box is about 20mm lesson depth then the more expensive Secol, and the finish is not as good. BUT having written all that there is near on 40 difference between both brands. Well worth buying the Seawhite, especially if you are on a budget or just using for storage purposes.

Ansmann 5035092 4x AA 2850mAh Rechargable Battery NiMH Digital
Ansmann 5035092 4x AA 2850mAh Rechargable Battery NiMH Digital
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 27 April 2014
As a professional photographer I have used Ansmann rechargeable batteries for many years to power much of my equipment in particular flashes/speedlites. Ansmann batteries hold their charge much longer, and recycle far quicker then others that I have tried. Overall they have a longer life span - highly recommended.

De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier
De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier
Price: 128.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, does what it's meant to do, 23 Dec 2013
Any concerns I had before buying this dehumidifier, went as soon as I saw how well it worked. I have a single glazed window under an eve and during the winter months get much condensation, on the glass, and recently to my horror a damp ceiling and wall in the area near to the window. After a few days of using the DEM10 it had dried out. The room it self also felt warmer. Now I use it just to clear the condensation on the window when it occurs. It looks good, and is easy to carry about and use. My only complaint is, that it is noisy; enough to keep a light sleeper like me awake at night if in the same room.

Joseph Joseph Uni-tool 5-in-1 Kitchen Utensil - Grey
Joseph Joseph Uni-tool 5-in-1 Kitchen Utensil - Grey
Price: 9.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 28 Oct 2013
This uni tool is useful, however food will drip or spill from the spoon onto the work top. The cutting edge appears for a left handed person as right handed the serrated edge is facing outward. Spatula works well, and useful.

Why just 3 stars? The item came with a cut into the spoon area, and scratched and as the packaging was open I feel it may have been a returned item. I did not return it, as was too lazy to.

Worth buying if you are short of space or do limited cooking.

Joseph Joseph Elevate Ladle - Yellow
Joseph Joseph Elevate Ladle - Yellow
Price: 9.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 28 Oct 2013
This ladle is well made and good to hold, a nice fee to it. A big plus is that the ladle part does not rest on the work service. The only think is that I feel it is a bit expensive for what it is.

Delivery was very prompt.

Digital Stock Photography: How to Shoot and Sell
Digital Stock Photography: How to Shoot and Sell
by Michal Heron
Price: 12.63

3.0 out of 5 stars Dated information and not for UK market, 24 Aug 2013
This book is well written and easy to read. The book is very dated for the current stock market, and resources mentioned are for the US market.

Vax Genuine Velcro Microfibre Cleaning Pads (Type 1)
Vax Genuine Velcro Microfibre Cleaning Pads (Type 1)
Price: 8.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what they are meant to do, 24 Aug 2013
These pads are good, and very easy to attach and remove dirt well. After use I rinse off any surface dirty and then put it in the washing machine on a quick 10 minute rinse and freshen up cycle to preserve the life a little longer. My only complaint is that they are expensive.

Page: 1 | 2