Profile for Spider Monkey > Reviews

Content by Spider Monkey
Top Reviewer Ranking: 355

Spider Monkey (UK)
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves - Black/Matte Black, 12 oz
Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves - Black/Matte Black, 12 oz

4.0 out of 5 stars Venum Challenger Boxing Gloves., 16 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Venum boxing gloves are a great bit of kit. They come in a mesh bag which is easy to chuck into your gym bag and when trying on there is none of that rough leather you sometimes feel inside from lesser made gloves. These are embossed with the company logo and feel comfortable the whole time I used them. They sturdy Velcro adjustment strap at the wrist was easy to close and make secure and didn’t come loose. These are great for any bag work you may do at the gym and for light sparring or pad work. Well worth considering.

FUTURO 45980EN Adjustable Sport Custom Dial Tennis Elbow Strap
FUTURO 45980EN Adjustable Sport Custom Dial Tennis Elbow Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Futuro sports strap., 29 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I occasionally get some pain in my forearms when lifting weights at the gym and have found using straps has helped. This Tennis Elbow strap is a more advanced version of the humble strap. This has a dial that increases then tension when it is already on the arm so you can get the tension required just right.

This slips over the arm and tightens easily using the Velcro tab and then with a few turns of the dial this tightens up even further. It has a gel pad that you position over the offending tendon so it isn’t uncomfortable to wear for prolonged periods.

I have found it useful with my sore tendon and whilst the pain doesn’t diminish entirely, it is certainly much alleviated. This is great for the traditional tennis elbow injury, as well as inflamed tendons from others sports and activities. Worth a try.

Salter Precision Micro Digital Kitchen Scale
Salter Precision Micro Digital Kitchen Scale

4.0 out of 5 stars Salter Scales, 27 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Salter scales are a small and functional set to fit on any kitchen top or table. They call these kitchen scales, but remind me of a jewellers scale that I have used in the past.

The tray clips over the scales so this packs up neatly when you are finished using it and it seems accurate enough. This is perfect for small items and if you need scales to easily transport around. For anything larger or everyday use maybe shop for something a little more substantial.

Bodybuilding Warehouse Pure iBCAA 4:1:1 Powder Red Berry 250 g
Bodybuilding Warehouse Pure iBCAA 4:1:1 Powder Red Berry 250 g

3.0 out of 5 stars BCAA powder., 27 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used BCAA for a long time now and whilst I find it hard to say with 100% certainty that they are effective, I have personally found DOMS to be less severe when taking them. My recovery time seems about the same though. This has a good ratio of amino acids at 4:1:1.

Normally I go for unflavoured BCAA as I find any flavoured brands I have tried in the past to be synthetic, chemically and always too sweet. Trying the Berry version here I have to say my original thoughts are confirmed. This BCAA is very sweet and leaves an unpleasant aftertaste (and that is being fully aware what unflavoured BCAA tastes like and it’s inherent sharpness).

This does a job and I guess if this is the only thing you are taking you can ‘man up’ and get it down. But as I mix my BCAA with my protein powders this has limited use as it flavours anything you mix it with. And the aftertaste and excessive sweetness are a huge turn off for me. I’ll use this bag and then go back to my regular unflavoured brand.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

Anne Klein Women's Quartz Watch with Rose Gold Dial Analogue Display and Rose Gold Alloy Bracelet 10/N6418RGRG
Offered by Watch Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Anne Klein watch., 19 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When my other half opened the box with this watch inside she was delighted. A pretty, faux rose gold dress watch for evenings out and when you don’t want to wear anything too expensive. After a brief day this delight turned to huge disappointment.

The biggest flaw with this watch is that it doesn’t tell the time!!! It stopped within a day with the second hand flickering feebly. We gave it the benefit of the doubt and took it for a battery change rather than send it back and it worked for about 10 minutes and stopped again.

I get that this isn’t an expensive piece of haute horology, but I do at least expect it to tell the time and be fit for what it was designed for. It may look pretty enough and not break the bank, but I would steer well clear of this watch brand and go for something else in this price range. Pretty much anything must be better than a watch that arrives as new and doesn’t work!!!

Salter 6 Kg Contour Digital Kitchen Scale, Black
Salter 6 Kg Contour Digital Kitchen Scale, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Salter Kitchen Scales., 8 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Salter Kitchen scales are a sleek little bit of Kitchenware. The first thing I noticed out of the box is how light this is compared to my old clunky kitchen scales.

The surface is a sleek, black mirrored surface and there are no raised buttons to push or for food to get caught in. This has two integrated buttons, one to Zero the scales and another to change the units. If you hold the Zero button for a couple of seconds it will turn the scales off, otherwise they turn themselves off after use.

This is very easy to use and happily for me these use AAA batteries. My old scales use Lithium batteries which gets VERY expensive, very quickly.

Overall this does the job well, looks great and is something you will use everyday. Highly recommended.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

Purina Pro Plan Dry Dog Food Medium Puppy For Sensitive Digestion With Optidigest Rich In Chicken 3 Kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Senstive stomach Puppy Dog food., 2 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Purina Puppy food is great to give your new addition the best head start with it’s nutrition. It easy enough for them to eat and will be wolfed down in no time. There is a sensitive stomach version, as well a normal version and having tried both I can say they seem to be equally enjoyed.

This will give your puppy the essential nutrients it needs at the start of its life when it is most active and building muscle and growing. Be sure to follow instructions and go up to the adult version when it is appropriate as dietary needs differ as your puppy develops.

I can’t vouch for the taste, but this seemed to be enjoyed and there was no hesitation in eating it. Worth considering if buying food for the newest member of your family.

Purina Pro Plan Dry Dog Food Medium Puppy With Optistart Rich In Chicken 3 Kg
Purina Pro Plan Dry Dog Food Medium Puppy With Optistart Rich In Chicken 3 Kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog food., 2 May 2016

3M 6002 C1+R Reusable Spray Painting Respirator with Replaceable filters - Grey
3M 6002 C1+R Reusable Spray Painting Respirator with Replaceable filters - Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Spray face mask., 2 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This face mask is great for home DIY jobs or even for some jobs where particles and fumes may be an issue at work.

I used this when sanding and staining some furniture and it worked perfectly. The sawdust covered my clothes pretty thoroughly, but I never felt like I was breathing in the fine dust. When varnishing I could barely smell the varnish and didn’t notice any fumes.

This is comfortable to wear, easy to adjust and whilst I haven’t needed to yet, the filters are easy to replace too. Worth a look if you need a decent work filter.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

3M Precise(TM) Mousing Surface & Gel Wrist Rest - Black Leatherette - 8.7x9.2x0.8"

4.0 out of 5 stars 3M Mouse Mat, 11 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This 3M mouse mat is a simple, but useful addition to any home office.

It has a rubberised underside so it will not slip or move around and the gel pad feels comfortable in use under the wrist. I found my mouse did not track on the leatherette surface as well as my old fabric covered pad, but it still worked well enough and my old mat was getting frayed and dirty so it was good for an upgrade.

The leatherette cover should be easier to wipe down and keep clean which is an added bonus. This is a decent enough mouse mat and reasonably priced too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20