Profile for L. Harris > Reviews

Death in Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Miller
Price: 13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Death in Paradise, 11 July 2014
I managed to miss this series (1 & 2) when it was on TV and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am a big fan of Ben Miller and I was not disappointed and the rest of the cast were great. The scenery and locations were stunning and I could almost feel the heat! Paradise indeed - shame about the death.

Morphy Richards Accents One Cup 43930 Hot Water Dispenser, Red (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Teas!, 11 July 2014
I bought this one-cup hot water dispenser for a friend who had had an operation and was not able to lift a normal kettle. It worked out that this was just what she needed and when I asked a couple of days later if she had used it she said she had made 4 cups of tea in the night and it could not have been better. She has shown it off to all her friends and family and I think I ought to get one myself.

Bryant & May - The Bleeding Heart: (Bryant & May Book 11)
Bryant & May - The Bleeding Heart: (Bryant & May Book 11)
Price: 7.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Bryant & May Still the Light of my Life, 12 April 2014
Every time I read a Bryant & May book I feel sad that maybe poor old Arthur will be pensioned off and every time I start reading a new one I am thrilled that the Unit is still intact. Please keep them on a life support machine if they are "too old" to carry on. My life would not be the same without them.

Nice Class of Corpse (A Mrs Pargeter Mystery)
Nice Class of Corpse (A Mrs Pargeter Mystery)
Price: 2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classy Book, 13 Feb 2014
Mrs Pargeter is an outspoken canny widow with an interesting and useful choice of husband. She sees everything that goes on and works it all out in a "Miss Marple" way. Can't wait to read more.

Lakeland Large Dishrack Drainer & Cutlery Holder
Lakeland Large Dishrack Drainer & Cutlery Holder
Offered by Lakeland
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dishrack, 13 Feb 2014
The large dishrack drainer is excellent, however the tray is too large to drain into the sink as I have to have it the other way round. However, I already had a drainer which fitted the right way round so that the water went into the sink and not onto the floor! So problem solved. I also have a problem with the cutlery basket as the cutlery falls through the holes, however I have solved that little problem as well. All in all it does its job well and I am pleased with it.

Blotto Twinks and the Rodents of the Riviera (Blotto & Twinks 3)
Blotto Twinks and the Rodents of the Riviera (Blotto & Twinks 3)
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Blotto & Twinks, 15 Jan 2014
This is the third Blotto & Twinks book in the series and I think they are hilarious. I have laughed out loud at the names of the characters and have started using some of the silly phrases, me old pineapple. I am now embarking on the 4th book in the series. How much longer can Blotto evade being married off? How much more can Twinks' reticule hold? Carry on Simon Brett. Brilliantly silly.

The Straw Men (A Brother Athelstan Medieval Mystery)
The Straw Men (A Brother Athelstan Medieval Mystery)
Price: 9.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Brother Athelstan, 25 Oct 2013
Another Brother Athelstan story with the usual characters - the strange congregation and his one eyed cat along with Sir John. Paul Doherty brings to life the people, times, the sights, smells, and dirty deeds of Medieval London but all are brought to justice in the end. A good read.

Jumbo Bible Activity Book: Bk. 2 (Jumbo Bible Activity Books)
Jumbo Bible Activity Book: Bk. 2 (Jumbo Bible Activity Books)
by Tim Dowley
Price: 5.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Activities Aplenty, 25 Oct 2013
Better than Volume 1, which was good but not easy to track down the exact relevant bible story. Volume 2 a big improvement in finding activities relating to the stories as it follows the bible in sequence. Good illustrations and things to do. I would definitely recommend this book to friends.

Inspector Ghote Breaks an Egg (Inspector Ghote Mystery)
Inspector Ghote Breaks an Egg (Inspector Ghote Mystery)
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspector Ghote, 10 May 2013
I love the gentle Inspector. He is a stickler for getting things right and is so respectful to his superiors and colleagues alike. His son is the apple of his eye and he works so hard to provide for his lovely wife and son. The story is very good - how the eggs last so long is anyone's guess... Well worth a read.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Inkjet ink - black, 10 May 2013
I use quite a lot of printer ink and this is an ongoing repeat order. I think that the extra price for original ink is worth it as they always seem to last longer and do not have a tendency to spit all over the inside of the printer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2014 11:00 PM BST