Profile for William2 > Reviews

A History of Britain book I: Picts, Celts, Romans & Anglo-Saxons to 1066
by EH Carter
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and interesting to read, 12 Jan 2014
This book is an enjoyable read to give the basic understanding of the complexities of our heritage. It will perhaps stimulate a more in depth reading programme as to the make up of the British peoples.

FitBit Zip Activity Tracker
FitBit Zip Activity Tracker
Price: 43.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitbit is fun and useful, 12 Jan 2014
My wife and I bought one each of these devices and attach them each morning. We target 10,000 steps per day which is quite challenging. For example a round of golf gets you there. We compare notes each evening so a little bit of competition adds to the enjoyment. Simple to use and the blue tooth interface with iPhone is good for reports etc. easy to misplace as it is very small. It has good attachment to belt line or pocket of trousers. If you are interested in monitoring daily exercise, then this is inexpensive and simple to use.

Ancient Paths, The
Ancient Paths, The
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A great insight into the Celtic civilisation, 13 Nov 2013
I was quite astounded to learn that these Bronze Age peoples had such sophisticated knowledge of astronomy and mathematics. Obviously Pythagoras learned "his theorum" from the Celts who were using geometry well before his time. I was interested to learn that the established church has tried to suppress the Druidic knowledge over the millennia and this book goes some way to redress this. I have greatly enjoyed reading this book.

Panasonic ER-GN30 Nose & Facial Hair Battery Trimmer
Panasonic ER-GN30 Nose & Facial Hair Battery Trimmer
Offered by British_Bargains
Price: 13.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy product, 21 Feb 2013
This tool has done exactly what I wanted it to do and is much superior to others that I have tried.

My Name Was Judas
My Name Was Judas
Price: 4.31

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: My Name Was Judas (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book as Judas has always been portrayed in a very negative light. It was good to read a possible alternative view both on Judas and also on Jesus.

NONSENSE FROM THE BIBLE
NONSENSE FROM THE BIBLE
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 21 Feb 2013
This book gave me some things to think about particularly as the author has come from a totally "believe all" background. All total believers should read it to challenge their absolute faith positions.

Draper 69490 240 mm Wool Polishing Bonnet
Draper 69490 240 mm Wool Polishing Bonnet
Price: 2.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality fine but, 21 Feb 2013
This bonnet is of satisfactory quality but was very difficult to keep on the polisher as the draw strings kept undoing.

Draper 69489 240mm Cotton Polishing Bonnet
Draper 69489 240mm Cotton Polishing Bonnet
Offered by PVR Direct
Price: 3.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine but, 21 Feb 2013
The quality of material was fine but the drawstrings to keep it on kept coming undone. Perhaps velcro or similar would be better

Wheelbarrow Inner Tube for Tyre 4.00 - 6
Wheelbarrow Inner Tube for Tyre 4.00 - 6

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 21 Feb 2013
It did the job in the way I expected. I used it for a garden trailer rather than wheelbarrow and it was satisfactory in this case.

Standing in Another Man's Grave: A John Rebus Novel
Standing in Another Man's Grave: A John Rebus Novel
Price: 3.95

3.0 out of 5 stars An under par Rebus., 26 Nov 2012
A very pedantic read and there seemed to be a lot of padding. Also the plot wasn't very believable. Not nearly as enjoyable as earlier books and too expensive.

Page: 1 | 2