Profile for Perplexed > Reviews

Content by Perplexed

Perplexed (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Noisy Bottoms (Usborne Noisy Books)
Noisy Bottoms (Usborne Noisy Books)
by Sam Taplin
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars A really funny book - just right for the young at heart!, 18 Nov. 2015
My 2 and 4 year old grandsons loved the book, as did everyone else in the family. I saw that some people criticised the lack of a story - it's a book about farting, isn't that story enough!

Ghosts of Dunkirk
Ghosts of Dunkirk
by Patrick Gibbon

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating read, 18 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Ghosts of Dunkirk (Paperback)
I originally bought this book as it was written by an old school friend and I felt I had to show willing. Well, I was in for a big surprise! I was hooked from page 1 and astonished by the story of what happened at Dunkirk and how the POWs were treated on their way to the prison camps (I had never hear any of this before). Once in the camps, the story continued to fascinate. It was quite unlike previous tales of POW glory (Great Escape, Colditz etc.) that were apparently camps for officers, who were treated with respect. The poor old "other ranks" seemed to get the very short straw. I particularly liked the comparison of Dennis Minter's reports of visits by the Red Cross with extracts from the actual reports! I only had two criticisms of the book. 1. the hard copy print is very small. I had to buy a Kindle version as well to set the type face to one that I could read. (That's because my eyes are rather old!) 2. It could probably have been shortened a little. The descriptions of the day to day activities and adventures outside the camp did go on a bit - but thinking about it, that's exactly what happened to poor old Dennis! Even with these comments, the book is a cracking read! I thoroughly recommend it.

Anker Classic Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Powerful Sound with 20 Hour Battery Life and Built-in Microphone, works with iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC, Nokia, Laptops, PC and More - Blue
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to iPad speakers!, 24 Sept. 2015
A super little unit which works very well. I have read the 1 star review and the only thing that I can say is that this is not a £300 Sonos speaker and cannot be expected to perform like one. I bought it for my wife to listen to her iPad Podcasts while ironing in our cellar. The speaker overcomes the noise of the steam iron! I have a similar unit (from another supplier) which I carry on overseas trips so I can listen in my hotel room. A VERY good upgrade to iPad speakers!

Massive 4A Output Quad 4 USB Ports Compact Rapid Mains Charger Plug Adapter Wall charger for Apple iPad Mini/4/3/2/1, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 10.1, Galaxy Tab 7.0/7.0 Plus/10.1, aPad/ePad Android Tablet PC , TomTom, Garmin, Galaxy s3, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s and many other devices and e-readers that can be charged via the wall socket (4A 4xUSB ports White & Blue)
Offered by InfoTechnica

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi cable charger, 23 July 2015
This is a fantastic unit that avoids loads of fights and arguments at home. It works very well. The only negative is the very bright pilot light, but I stuck a bit of card across it so I can sleep at night. It charges almost everything - Apple and Samsung phones and tablets for sure

Brass Safety Switch Lamp Holder 10MM BC B22 With Shade Ring *** Made In UK ***
Brass Safety Switch Lamp Holder 10MM BC B22 With Shade Ring *** Made In UK ***
Offered by Buy It Better Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Brass lamp fitting, 23 July 2015
I thought the switch was broken, then read the instructions. You need to insert a bulb to allow the switch to operate! A well made product and easy to wire up and fit to my 30 year old table lamp.

Bosmere G530 Jumbo Tip Bag
Bosmere G530 Jumbo Tip Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Great garden waste bags, 23 July 2015
I purchased some of these 10 years ago and eventually had to replace them due to wear and tear. The fact that I have chosen the same model shows how good I think they are!

8mm Stainless Steel Braided Nitrile Rubber Fuel Hose Line Hose Pipe Length150mm
8mm Stainless Steel Braided Nitrile Rubber Fuel Hose Line Hose Pipe Length150mm
Offered by Tyagi Racing®

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuel lines for my retro filter, 23 July 2015
Take a look at my review "fuel filter for my Austin Healey 3000" These were a perfect fit
Comment Comment | Permalink

UNIVERSAL FIT In line Clear Fuel Filter - 8mm Push Fit
UNIVERSAL FIT In line Clear Fuel Filter - 8mm Push Fit

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro fuel filter for my Austin Healey 3000, 23 July 2015
I couldn't believe that my 1962 Austin Healey 3000 MK II didn't have a fuel filter! Then I remembered my first car, an original 1959 Mini didn't have one either - maybe it wasn't considered necessary - you just cleaned the carburettor when it blocked. But my Healey has triple SU carburettors - a nightmare! Anyhow, I looked at several filters. I wanted a retro look and this unit looked the part and is cleanable - no paper elements to replace. It was delivered quickly and was easy to fit (I had to buy the hoses separately - perhaps it would be a good idea to offer hoses as well?). Anyhow, it was a great buy
Comment Comment | Permalink

Duronic [HRS1031] 3 Port HDMI Auto Switch Box plus Remote - 3x1 HUB (3 way input 1 output) 1080p Full HD Switcher
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Adding HMDI sockets to your TV, 3 Dec. 2014
I saw a lot of negative comments on line. It's amazing that one can get so many 5* ratings and a significant number of 1* at the same time. As far as I am concerned, this product worked exactly as described. I connected two Humax boxes together (an old one which was full of recorded programmes and a new 1TB box to take all the new stuff) and it worked first time. The auto function switches to whichever unit is switched on first, but you can also switch to whichever one you want with the remote. Very neat device and added three HMDI sockets to my TV!

Devolo dLAN 500 AVplus (IEEE 1901/ HomePlug AV) Ethernet
Devolo dLAN 500 AVplus (IEEE 1901/ HomePlug AV) Ethernet

5.0 out of 5 stars No more wifi problems...., 29 Sept. 2014
This is the final ansewr to poor wifi reception. I have a 135 year old stone cottage and reception around the house is very poor. With the Devolo system, you can install as many slave units as you like (up to 64, I believe!) and this gives you wifi in every room with a slave unit and 500 mb/s ethernet connectivity if you use a wire to connect your computer ot TV.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5