Profile for Student > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dust
Dust

5.0 out of 5 stars Done it again!, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Dust (Audio CD)
Another amazing album from the Peatbog Faeries! Can't help but want to get up and dance when listening to them!

If you get the chance, definitely try and see them live- one of the best nights out you could spend!

Churchill's Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis, 3e (Churchill Pocketbooks)
Churchill's Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis, 3e (Churchill Pocketbooks)
by Andrew T. Raftery

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy little book, 16 Nov. 2013
This book is great at doing exactly what it says on the tin- you have a patient with a symptom, and you can find a list of differentials for it. Its is clear, well laid out, and easy to use. I would particularly recommend it for students when writing up clerkings or case presentations, i.e. situations where you have seen a patient, then will go away and write it up and have to think of differentials. I also used it for quick revision with a friend when we were on a ward waiting for a ward round, and found it a good way to pass the time; we would open it at a particular symptoms, then both try and think of as many differentials for it as we could before checking the suggestions that the book made. The lists of both symptoms and differentials obviously aren't exhaustive, but they are a very good starting point based on the wonderful medic logic of 'common things are common'.

However, I'm not sure how useful it would be higher up the food chain, as I suspect then books such as the Oxford Handbook for Foundation Programme, and Oxford Handbook of Clinical Diagnosis may be more useful when you have a sick patient sat in front of you. The Oxford handbooks contain a number of differentials, but what they also do is give suggestions in terms of investigations and management for those differentials.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 9:54 PM BST

The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge)
The Complete Brambly Hedge (Brambly Hedge)
by Jill Barklem

5.0 out of 5 stars My aim in life..., 16 Nov. 2013
I was so glad when I found this complete collection, and just had to buy it. I have at least 4 or 5 of the books included in here from when I was small, but they are rather sticky and well-read having enjoyed them so much at the time. The stories are lovely, and the pictures are just incredible! Every time you look at the detail in each image you can see something new. I love the simple life that the Brambly Hedge mice lead, with their joy of fine food, comfortable nests, and good company- something for me to aspire to in life!

Puppy Love
Puppy Love
by Frauke Scheunemann

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Puppy Love (Paperback)
While this book is perhaps not the most mind-taxing you could find, it is a cute story that is a pleasant read!

Invincible
Invincible

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Invincible (MP3 Download)
I love the music of Two Steps from Hell because it has the epic feel of the soundtrack to an amazing movie. The difference being there is no movie to go with it, so you can let your imagination go and create your own images to go with each track!

Archangel
Archangel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Archangel (MP3 Download)

Doctor In The House [DVD]
Doctor In The House [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dirk Bogarde
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars Still applicable to medical students today!, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Doctor In The House [DVD] (DVD)
I first watched this film many years ago, and unfortunately it has just ruined my ability not to laugh during ward rounds! Just looking at all of us following sheep-like after a consultant makes me think of Sir Lancelot Spratt 'you must pursue me, you must pursue me!' and it is then a struggle to keep a straight face... To try and make others understand my amusement I have sat them down and made them watch the film. They all agree that though some things are different, for the most part, medical school is much unchanged from how it was nearly 60 years ago!

Duracell 32GB Capless USB Memory Drive
Duracell 32GB Capless USB Memory Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless, 16 Nov. 2013
This large pen drive is exactly what I was after. It does exactly as it says on the tin: holds up to about 31GB of data, no cap to lose, and quick transfer both on Mac and windows. All I have to do is try not to lose it!

Fred Mr Tea Infuser, Grey
Fred Mr Tea Infuser, Grey
Offered by Barto Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 16 Nov. 2013
This little guy is very cute, and you have to love his laid back view on life!

Not only that, but he works- easy to use, easy to clean, been using it for 6 months and he is still going strong!

The Full English
The Full English

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Full English (Audio CD)
I was very excited about this CD coming out, being a fan of traditional and folk music, and also having had a bit of a browse on the English Folk Dance and Song Society website and archives. This album successfully demonstrates the variety of styles that all fall under the wide umbrella of English folk music. Some of the songs are instrumental, whereas others are feature one or several vocalists. Some are peaceful and mellow, whereas others are more suitable for toe-tapping or perhaps to get up and dance. An album with a good pick and mix of songs, meaning there should be songs for everyone on it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3