Profile for Adam Fraser > Reviews

Content by Adam Fraser

Adam Fraser

Pro Evolution Soccer 3 (PS2)
Pro Evolution Soccer 3 (PS2)
Offered by Discount_Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd times the charm, 14 Oct. 2003
This installment is the best so far, PES2 was by far and away the best footie game to grace any console on earth and the only thing that could dislodge it, and rightly so, would be the superior sequel.
Well, here it has arrived and I for one am loving it, there are so many new moves and tricks, and there are now so much more, stats, players, clubs, competitions, etc.
It has took the already outstanding PES2 and expanded on it every which way possible!
A deserved 10/10

3ds Max 5 Bible
3ds Max 5 Bible
by Kelly L. Murdock

4.0 out of 5 stars Graphics, 14 Oct. 2003
This review is from: 3ds Max 5 Bible (Paperback)
The graphics that are avaible with this package and book are unbelievable.
I have only just started creating animation etc. myself so I'm still a mile off what can be achieved but it's looking good.

Madden NFL 2004 (PS2)
Madden NFL 2004 (PS2)
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Long, 14 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Madden NFL 2004 (PS2) (Video Game)
I would have given this game a 5 star rating normally because it's the most gorgeous, most detailed American football game out there. The animations are superb, the games themselves play like a dream, the learning curve is gradual and playing with a friend or 3 is a great laugh.
However, the only downfall I can think off, and it's a BIG one, hence the 2 star drop down, is that erach game takes AGES to complete.
A 5 minute-a-quarter game should take 20 mins, 30 at the most with unnecessary stoppage. Each game in Madden however takes about an hour/ hour and a half.
When I have a night of PES I can notch up about 10-12 games and muck around with the transfer market, training etc.
With the same length of time in Madden I can have 2, maybe 3 games if I'm lucky.
I know this is how the real game is played, with time outs and stoppages tec. but they could have done without this in the game.
I'd still recommend it though but don't start a game if you're likely to gewt interrupted within the next 3 hours!

Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
Offered by APE-GAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney???, 7 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Kingdom Hearts (PS2) (Video Game)
All I can say about this glorious game from the team behind the Final Fantasy series is, who would have thought this game would work initially.
Cute Disney characters running around in a huge explorable world, I thought not my cup of tea, however I knew the quality of squaresoft games (and I suppose Disney too!) and bought it.
Even my sister, my girlfriend, her sister and my mum all wanted a game but of course none of them were as good as me and didn't get very far.
Bring on Kingdom Hearts 2!
Cheers.

Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Offered by Digitalville UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Try it, you will like it. You know you want to!!, 7 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Final Fantasy X (PS2) (Video Game)
I didn't actually buy if here from Amazon because I've had this game since the day it was released and I've only recently become an Amazon member.
Anyway, I know most people are put off of this game because it's a "Role Playing Game".
However it's possibly the most beautiful, biggest and detailed game you'll purchase in a while.
It's a turn based battle affair mainly, but once you get the hang of the battles, it's a tense fast affair that quickly feels like a real battle.
Exploration is also the main objective and is what makes this game so HUGE, there are so many environments to explore and items to find, weapons to buy etc.
The list goes on and on and that's not even mentioning the addictive sub-game Blitzball!
Squaresoft are renowned for their quality in the Final Fantasy series, trust me I have FF1, FF2, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9 and now FF10! (FF3 is not available anywhere!)
FF7 started me off on these types of games but that's a different story for a different review!
You won't be dissapointed especially at this low, low price and if you find you like it then all the other Final Fantasy's are available for similar prices.
However, a word of warning, your complexion does get paler as this is a time consuming game! LOL
Cheers.