Profile for Jules > Reviews

Content by Jules

Jules

Page: 1 | 2
Premier Housewares Royale Touch Stainless Steel Table Lamp Brushed with White Shade

5.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase, 20 Jan. 2012
I bought this lamp during Amazon's sale for a great price. Very pleased with it, looks good, stylish. Although it is brushed stainless steel, it is not a bright colour. It is a darker colour, more like a light pewter which looks much better than bright metal.

I changed the shade as I don't like white shades. The shade fitting is the larger European size.

Also worth noting is that these 'touch' lamps do not work with timer switches.

Sony PS3 Laser Lens (KES-400A)
Sony PS3 Laser Lens (KES-400A)
Offered by Nextec Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed the PS3! Replacement Laser Lens KES 400A, 20 Jan. 2012
My son was having real problems with the PS3. Some discs would run, others would not load or only partially play. He tried a cleaning disc then a complete reboot but nothing worked. Finally resorted to replacing the Laser Lens. After checking online to see how it is done I decided to do it myself. Although the instructions weren't bad there were a couple of stages that took me longer to work through as the instructions weren't precise enough. I also snapped the cable on the smallest plug (knew I had to be careful as it was delicate so used tweezers, but they slipped.....) luckily you can buy replacement cables online but that cost another £10 - be careful!

So, did it work? Yes!! Wish I had done it sooner for him. PS3 up and running again. Note that these lasers are not made by Sony, they are made by other companies for Sony. Would I buy again? Yes. Now looking at the Xbox 360 which is also showing a few laser-related problems.......

By the way, I am no electronics expert, just a mum who likes to fix things myself!

Deluxe 25mm Tube Roller Repair Winder Kit with METAL Brackets
Deluxe 25mm Tube Roller Repair Winder Kit with METAL Brackets

4.0 out of 5 stars Stronger than Dunelm Mill winders!, 18 Oct. 2011
I'm another fed up Dunelm Mill Roller Blind owner... it's a shame DM use a bad design on their winders as the rest of the product is good (they use a metal tube which is much stronger than the cardboard ones on the market). This kit does sort out the problem though I'm not that keen on the cord that comes with it. For the price it's perfectly acceptable. Delivery took a long time though so don't expect it to arrive quickly.

Travel Adapter EUROPE Multi Extension 2 Pin Earthed Plug 4 UK Sockets Moulded Schuko Type F Plug 1.5m Flex VDE & CE Certified

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 8 Sept. 2011
Just purchased a second adaptor. Impressed by the quick delivery. Decided to get another one as it seems a more sensible way to use UK electrical items in France when socket space is short. Don't like the idea of using travel adaptors as they are probably light weight. This also has the extra hole in the two pin plug for the earth that some French sockets have. Given 4*s because we haven't tested it in France yet. Will update review when product is in use.

Update - Confirmation that this plug did the job very well. Was used for a kettle/microwave/hairdryer etc. Recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish this was on the shelf in the UK, 9 Aug. 2011
Always keep a tube of this in the first aid box. It really does help cuts/wounds heal faster. The pain relief really helps too. I have no hesitation in recommending this product, the only drawback is that it is so expensive to get hold of in the UK. Visiting the USA on holiday? Buy some tubes to bring home! Make sure that they have a good expiry date on them. When we travel, I always take this in my small med pack.

Remington R7130 Comfort 360 Rotary Shaver
Remington R7130 Comfort 360 Rotary Shaver
Offered by The Secondhand Seller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 3 Feb. 2011
Bought this R7130 for youngest son who couldn't get on with the new Braun foil style shaver he had been given. He is fairly new to the shaving scene and couldn't get a good shave with the Braun. Difficult for me to know what sort of shaver to buy but read reviews and decided to give this a try. He is very pleased with it and managed a much better shave first time round. Some say it takes a few weeks for the skin to get used to it. His skin is very sensitive but he looked fine after the first use. Early days so will post again if more info available.

Update - Son has been using this for a while now. He prefers it for the main shave (is very happy with it as it doesn't hurt his skin), but doesn't like the trimmer on it.

Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Offered by Executivez

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Machine but Makes Little Cups of Coffee, 31 Jan. 2011
Pleased with the purchase. Very pleased didn't pay the RRP. Make sure you use the voucher that you can claim from the online Tassimo TDisc store. Worth £20 when we used it (you have to pay postage of about £4) but we were able to purchase discs that are not available in the shops and you get a chance to find what you like. Coffees are rated on a strength scale from 3-5. We found the 4 quite strong and settled on the 3s. Easy to use. Only down-side for us is the size of the drinks it makes. I realise that some coffees are small, but when I have a regular coffee I would like a mug full, not less than half a mug! That is why I marked it down one star. It's quite compact too so doesn't take up a lot of space. Build quality is OK. Family like making hot chocolate - but they add more milk and then microwave it to make a bigger, hot drink!

Whiskas So Fishy Pouch 12 Pouches Multipack (Pack of 4)
Whiskas So Fishy Pouch 12 Pouches Multipack (Pack of 4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cats won't eat it!, 31 Jan. 2011
This was on a promotion so thought I would try the cats on it. They refuse to eat it and I don't blame them. I bought the one for Senior cats, but it is basically the same. It is supposed to be jelly, but it looks more like a revolting paste. Fish pieces? I can't see any. I think the photograph on the front of the box is very misleading. What do you do with something like this? It will go to the cats rescue - perhaps they are more desperate than my cats! Back to the other cat food then!

Samsung G Series RSG5DURS Side-by-Side Fridge Freezer Stainless
Samsung G Series RSG5DURS Side-by-Side Fridge Freezer Stainless

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Successful Purchase, 30 Jan. 2011
We had been looking for US style side by side fridge freezer for over a year! I had been unable to find one that fitted my requirements exactly. We didn't need the ice/water function but could not find one that had the right shelves/size and came without it (I regard them as a waste of space).

I visited the usual stores to see what was available (lost track of number of shops/visits). Never buy without hands on! What looks good on the web might be plasticky and poor quality or have shelves in the wrong places. Our previous fridge was an AEG and worked well, but even though one of their larger models it was just too small. At first I was put off Samsung because their earlier models of side by side had lots of issues/problems and even appeared on Watchdog!! However I couldn't find much about this model which was relatively new. I liked the size of both fridge and freezer. The 3 drawers mean that I finally have enough room for all the vegetables, salad and meats. Christmas was a revelation - I didn't have to empty the fridge to try to fit the turkey in - plenty of room!

Quality is very good and the internal plastics are solid. The outer stainless steel skin is a little thin though (I accidentally hit it hard with bamboo canes whilst heading for garden and one made a dimple in it). Some people have said it is noisy but ours is quiet. I like the display that shows temperatures and the door open warning. I was able to remove the ice maker from the freezer so got some more space that way.

The lighting inside both the fridge and freezer is excellent. It was a revelation being able to see what was inside - brilliant! (AEG lighting wasn't great and the freezer was drawers so nothing there either - I prefer the Samsung freezer and I have added another drawer-style container onto the lower shelf to give myself 3 drawers rather than 1 1/2.)

I have no hesitation in recommending this product. In fact my parents bought one after they saw ours and have been as happy with theirs as we are! Just wish I had bought it sooner!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2014 5:35 PM BST