Profile for Snospar > Reviews

Snospar

Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - Black
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Earphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in class, 15 Jun. 2014
Consistently the best ear-phones I have used. I've bought multiple sets for myself, family and friends and interestingly these get more expensive with every year - that's bad in a way but it does speak to the quality and high regard that these ear-phones are held in.

LEGO Mindstorms 31313: EV3
LEGO Mindstorms 31313: EV3
Offered by jadlamracingmodels

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs PC/Laptop for full use, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: LEGO Mindstorms 31313: EV3 (Toy)
This is a superb kit with endless hours of fun and hard work ahead. My only small complaint is how much it relies on online content. For the price of this kit I think LEGO should have supplied a lot more printed material, both additional building instructions and a manual for the GUI driven programming environment. It's true that all of this is available on line with loads of additional building materials and help for the programming stuff but it should be made very clear from the outset that you need a PC or laptop all the time that you want to be playing/"working" with this kit.

My only other gripe would be that many of the instructions get you building something that it "remote controlled" rather than being autonomous. This is a big distinction in the world of robotics and I can understand why LEGO wants to get you building something that looks cool and reacts at your command but I think more emphasis should be put on using the sensors to do more of the control.

Don't take this as a negative review, this really is a fantastic kit and the true value is that you will only get more out of the kit with time as you get more proficient with building and programming. So far, the community looks pretty good and I hope it will get better as time progresses.

Post Tropical
Post Tropical

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Post Tropical (Audio CD)
I loved the first James Vincent McMorrow album but I just don't get the same buzz with this album. I got hold of the first one at the same time as something from the Fleet Foxes and also Ben Howard and they all seemed to compliment each other. This album doesn't seem to match up to the first one but maybe it's just me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2014 9:19 PM GMT

Stephen Stills 2
Stephen Stills 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Classis Stills, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Stephen Stills 2 (Audio CD)
I'm a huge fan of the early Crosby, Stills & Nash (& Young) era and this album is a fantastic add on to that collection. If I'm honest I found the Manassas stuff a bit too "Country" for my tastes but this solo work is brilliant. His other solo album "Stephen Stills" is one of my all time favourites.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Only suitable for 15 inch laptops, 7 Jan. 2011
Be aware that though this item is listed as an "18,9" inch laptop backpack it is only suitable for 15.4 inch laptops. This isn't made clear in the product description and I for one found the product title completely misleading. There was an obvious label on the backpack when it arrived but that was too late for me.

The backpack itself appears very well made and strong but it doesn't fit my large laptop so I'm returning it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2011 7:59 PM BST

Rubik's Cube 5 x 5
Rubik's Cube 5 x 5
Offered by Bonisell

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Puzzle!, 18 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Rubik's Cube 5 x 5 (Toy)
This is an excellent puzzle, especially for those who have mastered the original 3x3 Rubik's cube or the 4x4 Rubik's Revenge. This cube is only marginally bigger than the 4x4 cube with the individual squares being little more than 1cm square. This stops the cube being too big to handle and it doesn't make it any harder to use.

Due to the number of pieces I have some concerns about the durability of the cube but it seems solidly made and the movement is very smooth. However, there are a lot of layers to line up which can make it hard to do quick moves - the instructions state that this cube should not be used for speed cubing.

On the whole an excellent addition to any cube collection.

Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Spore (Mac/PC DVD)
Offered by EVERGAME

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective by Design, 18 Sept. 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spore (Mac/PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Media companies are finally, slowly waking up to the realisation that DRM is bad for their customers and bad for business... but it appears they think this only applies to the music industry! Applying DRM with crippling activation routines is treating your paying customers like thieves.

Perhaps the real irony is that this DRM system, like all others, will be cracked and removed in a relatively short time and then the people who use the cracked version will be in a better position than those who paid good money for it.

Vote with your wallets and don't buy this game!

Colin McRae: DiRT (PC DVD)
Colin McRae: DiRT (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy this game, 29 Dec. 2007
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I am bitterly disappointed in this game; even with a machine that is geared towards gaming the frame rates are unacceptably poor and the resolution and detail level have to be turned right down. Even when the game runs it experiences periods of terrible stuttering where everything seems to go slow motion - I've read that this may relate to in-game advertising being sucked in from the internet!

All the patches seem to do is upgrade the annoying Starforce copy protection system which needs a reboot every time. Even with these upgrades it still occasionally tells me my genuine game disk is invalid. Tech Support for this game seem to have written it off and the forums are full of stories from people unable to get the game to run properly - wish I'd read them before buying!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2009 1:58 PM BST

CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide
CCNP BSCI Official Exam Certification Guide
by Brent Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor. Not up to Ciso Press' usual standards, 23 Nov. 2007
I've read several Cisco Press books over the years and they do tend to vary in style and quality. Unfortunately this is one of the worst I've come across and I doubt that this book alone will help me to pass the exam.

The authors have a hard time explaining some of the topics, leaving out key details and then referring to them as though they have already been covered. Occasionally the text is confusing and in a couple of places there are contradictions or outright errors.

Worst of all, the included Exam Simulator on the CD was hard to install, insisting on registration that kept stating my valid copy was somehow invalid. It also has some obvious errors, for example identical answers listed twice in multiple choice questions - one is right and the other is wrong!

Hopefully a future release will fix these problems, as it stands I can't recommend this book to anyone.

Uniross Sprint 1 Hour Battery Charger inc 4 x AA 2700 mAh Rechargeable Batteries - batteries upgraded from 2500 mAh

4.0 out of 5 stars Good charger but no car adapter, 19 Dec. 2006
A previous review stated that this charger came with a car adapter for charging batteries on the move - this was not the case with the item I received and there is no mention of an adapter in the packaging or instructions.

Other than that I am very happy with the charger, it does indeed fully charge the 4x 2500maH in around 1 hour and is very compact.