Profile for Andrei Aciobanitei > Reviews

Content by Andrei Aciobanitei

Andrei Aciobanitei "Andrei" (Liverpool, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Aventine
Aventine

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding beauty., 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Aventine (Audio CD)
What I love about this album is the melodies. The structures of the songs may sound simple, but they are filled with utter beauty and feeling. The Curse has got to be one of the best songs I have discovered in recent years. There are so many great compositions on this album, even the small instrumental piano pieces. The voice is crystal clear and filled with emotion.
And to top it all off, the cover of this album is magnificent. It gives an idea about how nostalgic, beautiful and sincere this music is.
Thank you for your amazing songs, Agnes Obel.

Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld
Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Which is a Ghost Light and which is True Illumination?, 2 Mar 2014
I have been following Vanden Plas musical journey since that incredible live album Spirit of Live. They have never disappointed and they manage to write high-quality prog metal.
To be perfectly honest, I have bought this album initially only for the spoken intro which I find the darkest, most intense and beautiful I have heard in rock music. And I listen to thousands of bands. That intro kills me. The text and the way it is spoken by Dave Esser just give me the chills. But then, the rest of the album is just great. Andy`s voice is as good as ever and the whole band sounds just beautiful!
The album is based on Wolfgang Hohlbein`s Chronicles of the immortals books.

Mendelssohn: 5 Symphonies, 7 Overtures (DG Collectors Edition)
Mendelssohn: 5 Symphonies, 7 Overtures (DG Collectors Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent!!!, 2 Mar 2014
This is outstanding work. The symphonic Mendelssohn. The composer came from a very wealthy family and he lived a worry-free life. He even had his own personal orchestra available any time to test the work he just composed right away. That is a luxury and a huge advantage. This is the result. Five outstanding symphonies that are among the best ever written in music!

Crossing The Line
Crossing The Line

5.0 out of 5 stars Blues rock at its finest!, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Crossing The Line (Audio CD)
This is one of the best albums I heard in the last 10 years. Gives Bonamassa a run for his money and I am a huge Bonamassa fan. The album is so strong and well written. Not a bad track. Killer songs are Starve this fever, Lead us away and One more try. As I am writing this review I am at a Simon McBride concert waiting for him to come on the stage. Buy this album.

Panasonic Retro Monitor Over-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Red
Offered by Amy`s Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to beat quality and price!, 12 Oct 2012
These are very comfortable headphones that cover the whole ear. They block outside noise 100%. The sound is just great, really. Mine were sounding a bit too much on the treble but I adjusted that easily from the settings of my mp3 player (Creative Zen X-Fi). For this price, these headphones are hard to beat. Again, they are very very comfortable. And they look good too. Forget about fashion statements like Beats by Dre. Get the real thing and trust Panasonic!

English Electric, Part 1
English Electric, Part 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Bigger Biggest Train!, 10 Oct 2012
Big Big Train had the world to do after their wonderful latest two releases, The Underfall Yard and Far Skies Deep Time. And they have delivered a brilliant album. You know, I`m not English, but listening to their music is like taking part in the most sofisticated 5 o`clock tea ever organised. It`s a pleasure. Their music has this power of taking you away to some distant places which all are very English. My standout track on the album is Judas Unrepetant. It requires at least 4-5 good listenings. Very solid songwriting and brilliant musicianship. On the of the biggest prog bands out there at the moment.

Flying Colors [Limited Edition]
Flying Colors [Limited Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!! Speechless!, 30 Jun 2012
This has got to be one of the best albums recorded in the last ten years or so. If you are looking for beautiful melodies delivered with perfect musicianship, look no further because this album is a treasure. If you think of the names in this band...is there anything else left unsaid? The only "unknown" artist in this supergroup is Casey McPherson, but, boy, does he really match the other titans! Superb voice! Casey also had a great deal of contribution to the writing of the songs. The album is a pleasure to listen to and I can`t get enough of its magical melodies. Overwhelming!

On Fire
On Fire
Offered by MasterDVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Stoner rock doesn`t get any better than this!, 30 May 2012
This review is from: On Fire (Audio CD)
Just buy it!!! Full-on power riffs and great songs! No fillers, just raw rock! The voice sounds incredible, and the whole album is a trip back to the seventies! Get it.

Slaves For Life
Slaves For Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Speechless!!! Up there with any great concept album!, 30 May 2012
This review is from: Slaves For Life (Audio CD)
This album is coming from Israel with Mats Leven as a guest on vocals. I have listened to hundreds of concept albums in my life, but rarely I have been left speechless by such intensity and musicality and creativity. It is hard to put into words how many beautiful melodies this work of art contains or how they sound like. It is incredible what Amaseffer have achieved here. Slaves for life can challenge any release in rock history for the title of the best concept album of all times. I am not saying it is the best, but can easily be considered that way. I have bought it and it is unique in my collection, no other album I know can be compared to it. In a class of its own for sure!!!

Scarsick
Scarsick
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Complex musical journey!, 30 May 2012
This review is from: Scarsick (Audio CD)
This is the first album I have listened from Pain of Salvation and it just ticks all the boxes. I like bands like Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Roxette, Sepultura or Abba. So I cover all the grounds. And that is why I find this album very rewarding. I refuse to compare it to other Pain of Salvation releases. I never do that because it makes no sense. So about Scarsick. It is so hard to pick one song. The musical landscape is so rich and varied. For me, it is beauty! Buy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6