Profile for Edrov Eniarg > Reviews

Edrov Eniarg

Something from the Nightside
Something from the Nightside

5.0 out of 5 stars Intro Nightside, 31 Dec. 2006
I don't usually follow chronological order, actually this was the third Nightside book I ever read, but it is a gem of the first magnitude! Anyone who has had an affection for Constantine graphic novels, Niel Gaiman or the Fables series by Bill Wilingham ought to enjoy these books [in my not even remotely humble opinion.] OK, I enjoyed them and I've enjoyed both Gaiman and Wilingham so I assume you will too. Give it a try, if it really dosn't float your boat you can snark at me, but I have read and reread the Nightside series with joy and I hope you do so.

Agents of Light and Darkness
Agents of Light and Darkness

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightside vs. angels, 31 Dec. 2006
I love warrior angels, I adore the Lucifer graphic novels and have a serious weakness for winged beings waxing wroth. Despite that I am on the side of John Taylor in this book. Mr. Green is a superb writer and this particular segment from the Nightside is a pure joy. There is twisty ending, as you would expect from this writer, but it fits so well I applauded. FANTASTIC!

Nightingale's Lament: A Novel of the Nightside
Nightingale's Lament: A Novel of the Nightside

4.0 out of 5 stars Nightside sing-a-long-athon, 31 Dec. 2006
I love the Nightside, can't deny it. John Taylor does his best but this is my least favourite of the series. Maybe I think women shouldn't be so soppy and wet, God know few female charaters in the Nightside are pathetic. Others do well, Deadboy is superb and Taylor is up to snuff but for the backup trio to achieve more memorability than the 'star'? Despite this it still remains a good book, indeed I'd rather read a lackluster Nightside than almost anything else But Mr. Green has done better, try 'Something from the Nightside' first. Then you'll see what this author is capable of.

Paths Not Taken: A Novel of the Nightside
Paths Not Taken: A Novel of the Nightside

5.0 out of 5 stars John Taylor enchants, 31 Dec. 2006
This is the first Nightside book I ever read and it made me crave the others. As a long term fan of Niel Gaiman and an affectionate fan of Bill Wilingham this felt familiar but forged it's own path. I won't give in to spoilerage but it is very much worth reading!

Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth: A Novel of the Nightside (Ace Fantasy Book)
Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth: A Novel of the Nightside (Ace Fantasy Book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightside Rah Rah, 31 Dec. 2006
'They might not be acceptable in polite company, but they're my friends' God, I enjoyed this book! I've only just encountered the Nightside but I still want to move there. John Taylor is sweeter than John Constantine but has a similar world weariness [and trenchcoat] Come and watch mythical monsters and similar phantasms frolic and play.

Hex and the City (Nightside)
Hex and the City (Nightside)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightside rocks on!, 31 Dec. 2006
I fear I'm descending into pointless wibble but this is a damn good book! I encountered Simon R. Green by accident in a secondhand bookshop but have never looked back. Even if you hav'nt read previous volumes this is enchanting. If you have read the preceding books it will ring a fair amount of bells. Enjoy! I know I have.

Hell to Pay (Nightside)
Hell to Pay (Nightside)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightside Rocks!, 31 Dec. 2006
I'm a fantasy fiend and these books are among the best I have ever read. A dash of Fables, a tang of Gaiman and yet more even than those. [Evan though Gaiman is an earthbound god.] Lovely characters and a superb world for them to play in. In one paragraph he touches upon what other writers would use for an entire book but you don't feel cheated! Powerful dynamic stories that flit along with resonances. I have a powerful soft spot for the struggling hero and John Taylor more than hits the spot. If you have enjoyed Bill Wilingham or Neil Gaiman I think you will enjoy this series.

Golden Cain
Golden Cain
by You Asagiri

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra Yaoi, 31 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Golden Cain (Paperback)
I just bought this book. WOW...Hot and explicit. I've only just begun to explore yaoi after years of enjoying slashy TV shows but this was the icing on the cake. Very nice characters with minimum angst. No time wasting 'Does this mean I'm gay' flibble. Much more visual than the stuff I've read before but dos'nt gloss over the nitty gritty. Slightly uncomfortable with Keiichi and Shun dynamic. Much more disenchanted with the potential rape threats to poor Shun. Despite that, Cain and Shun are very, very good. Cain is a superb character and the sweet emergence of Shuns' sexuality under his tutelage is well done. If you want to see man on man action this is the most sensitive but explictly erotic images I've yet seen. Much better than the false promises of Eerie Querie with proper emotional development.