Profile for Cracker > Reviews

RED
RED
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like., 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: RED (Amazon Instant Video)
Bruce Willis plays a hardened ex CIA man. What's not to like.

TP-LINK TL-WA730RE 150Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
TP-LINK TL-WA730RE 150Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
Offered by BESTBUYIT

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a very good job once set up correctly, 16 Jan. 2014
After a bit of fiddling around with the setup, I now have this TP-Link range extender working in my basement flat and have a strong WiFi signal in rooms where previously it was very patchy due to the number of brick walls blocking the signal from my broadband router.

If you have a secured WiFi network, then the quick setup is almost certain not to work. The setup guide suggests that you merely need to press and hold the "WPS" button on your router and the "Extender" button on the range extender, then they will talk to each other and set up the extender automatically. This does not work with an EE Brightbox router - you may be lucky, but don't give up if not. I also tried the Easy Setup Assistant utility that comes with the extender on a CD. Again, no luck.

I am not particularly technical but I persevered. I didn't have to resort to calling TP-Link's helpline, but from what I read, they're very helpful.

Here's what I did next (note that you must use a wired connection to the TP-Link extender to perform the setup):
Logged on to my broadband router using the details that came with it (the IP address, which I typed in to the address bar in my web browser, plus username and password)
Located the IP address range that the router uses when assigning an IP address to any device that connects to it (this was under the heading "DHCP") - I found that it uses 198.168.1.0 to 198.168.1.254
The TP-Link extender needs to have an IP address in the same range, but in its factory configuration, it has the static IP address 198.168.0.254 (found that in the user guide that's on the CD) - I think that's why it couldn't set itself up automatically
To change the IP address of the TP-Link extender, I had to log on to it using its current IP, but first changing the IP address of my PC so that its in the same range as the extender - I found a useful guide on how to do that here [...] (follow steps 1 through 4)
I then logged in to the extender on 198.168.0.254, located the IP address setting and changed it to 198.168.1.254 and saved it, which caused it to reboot - remember to reverse out the change to your PC's IP address after doing this (i.e. set it back to "Obtain an IP address automatically)
After doing this, I ran the Easy Setup Assistant utility again from the CD, entering the newly changed IP address of the TP-Link extender and hey presto, it worked

Hope this helps - though it's only based on my experience with an EE Brightbox router in standard configuration. It will probably work for you if you have a broadband router supplied by your ISP and have not changed the settings yourself.

De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier
De'Longhi DEM10 Compact Dehumidifier

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, 11 Dec. 2012
This thing works wonders. When we first got it, the water tank would be full after one day - now after a couple of months the humidity in my basement flat is significantly reduced. It will not solve all your damp problems (rising/penetrating damp in old walls), but it will make a huge difference to condensation in a humid or pooly ventilated home. Means you don't have to throw open all the windows in the depths of winter, so although it does consume electricity, that's offset by the reduced heat loss. It's not quiet - I wouldn't want it in the bedroom at night, but it is very portable and can be moved around with ease. Get one!

Click Workwear Mens Fur Lined Leather Safety Rigger Work Boot With Scuff Cap
Click Workwear Mens Fur Lined Leather Safety Rigger Work Boot With Scuff Cap
Offered by Tool and Fix

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value - sizing on the large side, 11 Dec. 2012
For under £20, I couldn't ask for more. They seem well constructed, the toe is steel, the sole is sturdy, the inside is fur lined. Ordered size 9, which I think are quite roomy so perhaps go one size down if you're between sizes. There's some stitching around the heel that could irritate if the boots move around a lot as you walk. Really though, for protecting your feet these can't be beaten at the price.

Everbuild AC50C4 Acoustic Sealant and Adhesive - White
Everbuild AC50C4 Acoustic Sealant and Adhesive - White
Offered by Handy Stores London Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what you'd expect, 11 Dec. 2012
Seals gaps, easy to apply with standard sealant gun. What more could you want? Essential for all your stud wall needs.

Kryptonite New York M18 Lock
Kryptonite New York M18 Lock

5.0 out of 5 stars A monster lock for serious bike protection, 2 Mar. 2012
This is truly a massive piece of ironwork - I pity the would be bike thief who puts his liberty at risk in a futile attempt to crack it. As other reviewers have pointed out, it is very heavy, probably the heaviest shackle lock I've come across. GOOD! I say. One to keep at home for locking the bike securely to the wall of the house.
The shackle is quite long for a single bike, so be careful to use as much of its length as possible. One of the main attractions for me was that it doesn't have a metal clip attached to the shackle for a bike mounting bracket, as I find these can scratch the bike's paintwork. Typical Kryptonite build quality (i.e. well made) and a nice blue LED light on the master key so you can run around pretending to be a police car, or whatever it's meant for.
The main body will collect rainwater inside if you leave it out in the elements and the ends of the shackle will rust slightly - this is in common with all similar locks, so live with it.
I recommend this lock if you value your steed.