Profile for Kayley Humble > Reviews

Room
Room
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 Jun 2012
This review is from: Room (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully written story told through an innocent childs eyes. This will make you laugh, cry, smile and race through the pages. Altogether, a book you can't put down. wouldn't suggest for holiday reading, can be depressing at times.

BaByliss 2098BU Pro 230 Elegance Straightener
BaByliss 2098BU Pro 230 Elegance Straightener
Price: 33.75

5.0 out of 5 stars GHD Rivals, 25 May 2012
I have had GHD mark 3s for the last 6 years, 2 sets have stretched 3 years each. Both sets still work but due to using them daily and dropping them occasionally the plates have become very worn and even xhipped

NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 7" 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi - Compatible with BBC iPlayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 May 2012
I've had this tablet for a week and am made up with it. Having used an ipod touch and a HTC wildfire to browse the internet, my hopes for the natpc m009s rtb weren't that high in terms of response time and touch screen capabilities. I needn't have worried! It is responsive, quick and streams games and apps without glitches. I have only streamed the odd youtube video and haven't attempted Iplayer or 4OD yet but the youtube streaming is faultless!
I'm supposed to be going back to college in September and wanted a lightweight computer to take with me, having done 3 years at university, I know that lugging a laptop around is both impractical and makes you a target for muggings (not a nice thing to have to think about but it's true!) so taking my age old laptop was not an option. But, I caan never write as fast as I need to and my notes are always messy! So I looked at notebooks which to me seem a bit pricey and restricted when you compare the specs to a tablet. So I decided to research tablets to pair with a USB keyboard and get round it that way. I've downloaded an office app to allow me to create and edit microsoft documents.
I get everything I wanted out of this tablet. Web browsing is fast, facebook, amazon, ebay and angry birds run smoothly and compared to my ipod touch there is little difference. I spent a bit more than I originally planned to get the spec to allow me to enjoy the tablet once my course at college has finished. This tablet runs as smoothly as my laptop and gives all the fun aspects that any tablet user would want.

My only complaint is the short charger lead. You need to be sat right next to a plug socket to use it when charging. But that said, I am yet to find any other issues with it and it certanly delivers exactly what I wanted and more!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2012 1:47 PM GMT

BaByliss 2285BU Hair Curling Wand
BaByliss 2285BU Hair Curling Wand
Offered by Topnotchsales
Price: 23.45

5.0 out of 5 stars For Hair that doesn't curl!, 5 Feb 2012
I have shoulder length layered fine hair that has been straightened within an inch of its life for about 8 years. Due to this I have tried long and hard to creates curls that stay and have spent hours looking for products to help them stay in. I only got this today but managed to curl half a head of hair in 15 minutes with just a heat protection spray. The curls have stayed for an hour so far, I expect them to fall tonight as I have no product in the hair to keep it in.

I'm a bit useless to say the least when it comes to curling and I have go myself in a right mess with GHDs and barrel curlers in the past, spent an hour curling only for the first ones to fall out as I finish the top. This was easy to use and effective. The fact that the wand goes from thick to thin means that I can curl my shorter layers just enough to have some curl but not to end up with a poodle-like mess on the top of my head.

I did my hair in rough inch sections and wrapped the hair from the roots at the base to the ends at the tip and held for about 10-15 seconds...amazing! My wand came with a glove to stop you burning your fingers when holding the ends of your hair but after a few attempts I found I didn't need it.

All in all, I am extrememly pleased I got these and will never use anything other than a wand again, bye bye clamp curlers!

Watermelon
Watermelon
by Marian Keyes
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Keyes book and I'm hooked, 17 May 2010
This review is from: Watermelon (Paperback)
I love finding an author whos style I like before a holiday and this year I've done it! Theres nothing worse than sitting on a plane, opening your book and being thoroughly bored by the drivel within.

To aviod this, get Watermelon! I purchased this book to take the pain out of a 3 hour train journey, needless to say I was more than half way through by the time I made it home.
Keyes is a fantastic writer, if you like easy-to-read but entertaining books, this is a must read. There is plenty going on in Claire's life to keep your mind working but Keyes effortless storytelling makes for a thoroughly enjoying read.

A definate holiday paperback.