Profile for The Captain > Reviews

Content by The Captain

The Captain

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Terumo Syringe 2.5ml Without Needle (Box of 100)
Terumo Syringe 2.5ml Without Needle (Box of 100)
Offered by easi-med

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very suitable for injecting oils, 30 May 2015
These are OK, but not solid enough for intramuscular injections of oil-based compounds.

The first problem is that the construction is flimsy and weak. Oils have higher viscosity and thus require more pressure to squeeze through, especially as the oil gets stuck between the walls of the syringe and the rubber plunger.

Which leads us to the real problem: the nonlinear response to pressure. In other words, the plunger gets stuck. When you increase pressure to force the plunger to move, the plunger moves in spurts. I lost nearly 10% of my injection just trying to push the air bubbles out, when it squirted oil all over the place. Then, when injecting, I had the same problem. Oils need to be injected very slowly, but with this syringe it gets stuck and then squirts 0.5mL at a time into your muscle, which is both painful and inefficient as you run the risk of high pressure oil coming back up through the injection spot.

I've used BD and B Braun syringes and both are better.

Mudder Universal Tablet Tripod Mount Adapter for Apple iPad Mini, iPad Air series, Samsung Tab series and Other Tablets, Phablets or Large-sized Smart Phones - Use on Monopod, Selfie Stick, etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect: Secure, tight, solid, inexpensive., 27 May 2015
Perfect for my purpose. I wanted to secure an iPad Air to a tripod for video monitoring. The tripod already does all of the fancy angle changes and tilting, etc, so I just needed a tablet holder with a screw mount. This does the job perfectly. Fit is secure, tablet is stable, everything is good!

Duronic BPM150 Intelligent Fully Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Duronic BPM150 Intelligent Fully Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, quick, effective, 9 May 2015
Easy, quick, effective. I bought this model because other models only come with a 32cm bicep cuff, whereas this one goes to 42, so it's good for my gym bros. You put it on, press a button, sit around for a few seconds, and get your reading. What more can I say.

Shox Sniper Skar Motorcycle Helmet S Red
Shox Sniper Skar Motorcycle Helmet S Red
Offered by UK Good Deals Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 9 May 2015
Looks great, feels great. It's not the best helmet in the world, obviously, but at this price range it's great.

EDIT: I decreased this from 5 stars to 3 stars because at anything over 60mph the wind noise becomes unbearable and eventually painful.

BIKETEK REAR PADDOCK STAND SERIES 2 RED HEAVY DUTY
BIKETEK REAR PADDOCK STAND SERIES 2 RED HEAVY DUTY
Offered by B C T

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and fragile, twisted on first use on a 125cc bike, 9 May 2015
Terrible quality. I have a Honda CBR125 which only weighs 130kg, and the frame twisted out of shape on the first try. I then had to take it apart, and try to twist the other side to get it to be mostly even, and put it back together again. I managed to get the bike up on the stand and tried gently nudging the bike to see if it's stable: It is not. The sidearm slipped on the holder, and in general the whole thing slips and moves about.

I used it for oiling the chain, but I had to be very cautious and aware that the bike could fall on my head at any moment. I would not use it for a bigger bike or for doing anything other than oiling the chain.

5003 - Black Windproof Motorcycle Balaclava
5003 - Black Windproof Motorcycle Balaclava
Offered by UK Good Deals Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price, doesn't fit very well, 9 May 2015
It's OK for the price, although it doesn't fit very well. I wear a size S helmet, and this balaclava is a bit too loose.

New Biker Cowhide Leather Motorbike Motorcycle Heavy Duty Waterproof Gloves Collection Diense Medium
Offered by Craze Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big and bulky, doesn't fit right, thumb movement limited., 9 May 2015
I got the "Dience" version. It doesn't look nearly as nice and well-fitting as in the picture. It's quite big and bulky; the fingers fit OK but there is about 1-2 inches extra space in the palm area which looks terrible (I could easily insert 2 more fingers alongside my palm). The thumb part however seems to be too tight as it limits the movement.

Overall I feel uncomfortable using them as the limited range of thumb motion meant I found myself taking my left hand off the handlebar in order to operate the left/right indicators.

Sports Glove Deodorizer
Sports Glove Deodorizer
Offered by Dorking Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and effective., 9 May 2015
This review is from: Sports Glove Deodorizer (Misc.)
Brilliant and effective. I used it for my motorcycle gloves which always smell perfectly clean. It leaves a charcoal scent which it somewhat pleasing.

The Official DSA Guide to Learning to Ride (Driving Standards Agency)
The Official DSA Guide to Learning to Ride (Driving Standards Agency)
by Driving Standards Agency (DSA)

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money, don't bother., 9 May 2015
Don't bother with this. I was very excited about my motorcycle theory test, and I bought all of the books because I didn't want to miss out. The book is designed specifically to extract money from that type of over-eager person.

The book has nothing of value, but merely provides a high level overview of what a motorcycle does and the process of obtaining a licence. All of the information is available on the DSA website. This is just a picture-book with tedious step-by-step illustrations and photographs of the various processes. (It even has pictures of the lockers you lock your bags in when you take your theory test.) Kind of like a book you might give a preschool 4-year that tells them what school will be like.

Furthermore, it doesn't actually give you any real information. It just tells you that you will need to learn how to do this and that. For example, here's a quote from a random page:

"Wheeling the motorcycle and braking to stop:
You'll learn how to balance a motorcycle while wheeling it both left and right (in either order).
Your trainer will show you
* where to stand
* how to hold the motorcycle
* how to lean the motorcycle"

See what I mean? There is no substance to the book, it just lists things that you will need to learn elsewhere.

Red Shoulders Helmet Backpack Knight Package Outdoor Sports Riding Package
Red Shoulders Helmet Backpack Knight Package Outdoor Sports Riding Package
Offered by Blancho Bedding UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but effective., 9 May 2015
It's quite good, does the job. Fairly spacious, so it can easily hold a helmet, or alternatively hold all of my gym clothes with a towel, protein shake, flip-flops, and a pair of shoes. Looks fairly stylish as well.

However, on closer inspection the construction quality is not so great: The color looks a bit faded, the zippers are very cheap and in fact one of them got jammed the first day. Straps are thin with little padding. Material is thin and quick to tear.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3