Profile for Sam Mayling > Reviews

Dead Write
by Keri Beevis
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page-turner., 6 May 2014
This review is from: Dead Write (Paperback)
Having read Dead Letter Day, I was keen to see what would happen to the crime-busting characters who reappear in Keri Beevis' follow-up thriller, Dead Write. I imagined there would be further twists in the plot and revelations about the characters…but, of course, I didn’t manage to guess correctly. Like the old Doctor Who episodes of my childhood, each chapter ends on a cliffhanger so you want to read on and on. I found myself reading at a faster and faster pace towards the end as I was eager to see ‘whodunnit’. I had wanted to save it for a holiday period, as it would be great to read in just a few sittings, but I had to read it as soon as it arrived in the post (no Kindles in this house sadly.) Like Dead Letter Day, the scenes are vividly created so that you can imagine how the novel would be filmed…let’s hope Hollywood pick up the rights soon! A rollicking read and a real page-turner.

Bialetti ME-3  Coffee Maker
Bialetti ME-3 Coffee Maker
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 21.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee maker, 8 April 2014
This is a replacement product for a similar coffee maker that we had for years. It makes good coffee, a real treat.

Falling and Laughing: The Restoration of Edwyn Collins
Falling and Laughing: The Restoration of Edwyn Collins
by Grace Maxwell
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Edwyn Collins review, 8 April 2014
A lovely emotional story - true life but very surprising and honest. Touching and heartwarming, want to read it again soon.

Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Price: 16.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Bad Final Season, 8 April 2014
It's a must-watch. We loved the first four series so couldn't wait to watch these. Required viewing in our opinion.

Texts From Dog: The Dog Delusion
Texts From Dog: The Dog Delusion
by October Jones
Price: 8.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Texts from Dog, 8 April 2014
An entertaining little read - light and fluffy but not going to last you very long. But a stocking filler.

Tour De France Sky Team Short-sleeved Cycling Shirt for Cycling Sports Sky Cycling Top (2012 SKY Style-3, M)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sky shirt, 8 April 2014
My son bought this for his father for a birthday present - father very chuffed, big cycling fan, thinks it looks great.

ProCook Retro Kitchen Clock & Timer Cream
ProCook Retro Kitchen Clock & Timer Cream
Offered by ProCook
Price: 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Clock, 8 April 2014
We had an identical one which stopped working so we bought this replacement. We just hope it doesn't stop working however!

Pink 20mm Lanyard with Safety Break away and Metal clip
Pink 20mm Lanyard with Safety Break away and Metal clip
Offered by Kestronics Ltd
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Lanyard, 8 April 2014
My daughter (8) needed it for school to wear an ID badge and she is very happy with the product.

Goth Girl: and the Ghost of a Mouse (Goth Girl 1)
Goth Girl: and the Ghost of a Mouse (Goth Girl 1)
by Chris Riddell
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Goth Girl, 8 April 2014
Read it with my daughter (8) and we very much enjoyed the story and the illustrations - a beautiful book.

Bagbase Fashion Backpack 20 Great Colours! Black
Bagbase Fashion Backpack 20 Great Colours! Black
Offered by COOZO
Price: 8.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Bag was gift for son, 8 April 2014
He uses it for school every day - it's ideal and he's very happy with it, and so am I.

Page: 1 | 2