Profile for slaterm > Reviews

slaterm

NABAIJI SWEDISH HEAD STRAPS KIT- Swimming Goggles Accessories
NABAIJI SWEDISH HEAD STRAPS KIT- Swimming Goggles Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars good replacement straps, 4 Feb 2014
not as good as the Speedo elastic I am replacing but very colourful and easy to use. Makes my old goggles look a bit brighter too. More than adequate given the chlorine will destroy whatever you use ultimately in any event.

Philex - 27741 -  Indoor DAB Aerial
Philex - 27741 - Indoor DAB Aerial
Price: 10.89

5.0 out of 5 stars DAB aerial, 4 Feb 2014
This is a great piece of kit. I have connected it to a Cambridge DAB300 and the sound is superb. Great clarity and strong signal from the off. A matter of minutes to put it together and install it. It is an F-Type connector so you should check that fits your tuner/DAB before buying. It will also not resolve a poor DAB signal in your area. Where I am the signal is good so this just makes the most of it. Massive improvement on what I used before.

Speedo Original Swedish Swim-Swimming Goggles 2-Pack Set.
Speedo Original Swedish Swim-Swimming Goggles 2-Pack Set.
Offered by SportZone

5.0 out of 5 stars the only goggles you will ever need, 29 Jan 2014
been swimming in swedish style goggles since the 1980s and the design has not changed since. It is one area of sports equipment where less is more. They are self assembly but even the least competent DIYer can manage this. They are something that needs getting used to. I would suggest new users wear them for small periods and build up. I wear them for hours at a time now.

There is no foam to leak, the rubber and string can easily be replaced. These will last you a lifetime if you look after them (in a trigger's broom kind of a way!)

TomTom Start 25 5" Sat Nav with Europe Maps & Lifetime Map Updates(45 countries)
Offered by Best Digital Market
Price: 119.99

2.0 out of 5 stars buy with care, 18 Aug 2013
If you can keep it working then it works fine as a sat nav and is as accurate as any I have used. The plus points would be the lane tips and the graphics.

however Tom Tom has a few problems. firstly mine stopped being able to find GPS satellites. The update for that seemed to work ok. However the latest updates were a nightmare. Finally managed to get the updates installed but in doing so the application wiped the maps so now I am left with an updated sat nav that does not contain any maps. The support and software updates make this not worth the money in my opinion. Works fine until you need to update the device software and GPS fix software. Then it starts to go horribly wrong.

buy one with knowledge that after a period of time it will be easier to buy another one rather than update it. Lifetime map updates guarantee is something that sounds great but you will spend many hours cursing your PC to get it working
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2014 3:48 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars great training aid, 21 Jun 2013
These are an excellent training aid. I am a former decent swimmer returning after 20 years out so I bought these to make sure my stroke was efficient and to build some basic strength & endurance. They are perfect. I remember the old flat paddles we used to use and these are a million times better. They really do keep you focused on how efficient your pull is.

Those who struggle to get to grips with them may find that their stroke is no quite right. If you are not using correct technique these will be hard to use. Hence why they are called tech paddles. They make you correct your technique

Canon PowerShot S95 Digital Camera (High Sensitivity 10 Megapixel, 3.8x Zoom, 3.0 inch LCD Screen) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars great SLR backup, 7 Jan 2012
Just bought this and already impressed. I am a semi serious amateur landscape photographer. My SLR set up is better than this camera but that is not the point of it. The point and shoot features are cracking. Anyone would get decent useable shots from auto and preset modes. I have this for those occasions where my SLR is too big and impractical. I plan to use this on walks and when sight seeing as the SLR bag is too heavy for general walk about shots IMO. Also plan to use this for shooting locations to go back to with the SLR when light is right.

The creative settings and RAW mode will suit serious togs who want to have the same quality from snaps as they can get from SLR. Not sure yet whether I will use the in built HDR mode or whether I will shoot auto bracketed exposures and blend in processing. Either way I am impressed that a point and shoot camera offers me the choice.

will post more once used it more but first impressions are good.

Only slight niggle is position of shutter release. would have preferred it nearer the right edge - feels counter intuitive.