Profile for BigMAc 58 > Reviews

Content by BigMAc 58

BigMAc 58

Page: 1 | 2
Panasonic RP-HV108E-K Stereo Inside Earphones in Black with Volume Control.
Panasonic RP-HV108E-K Stereo Inside Earphones in Black with Volume Control.
Offered by K.K. Electronics

3.0 out of 5 stars Way below standard Apple earphones, 13 Dec. 2015
The performance is way below the standard Apple earphones supplied with an iPod or iPhone but I bought these for a specific purpose. I am a poor sleeper and often listen to plays etc on i-player to help me get back to sleep. I did not want an earphone that protrudes into the ear in case it caused damage if I rolled over in my sleep. These sit on the outside and therefore there is less risk. So on performance terms in relation to sound quality these should only get one or two stars but as they do what I want them to do I have given them three.

Bose ® Solo 5 TV Sound System - Black
Bose ® Solo 5 TV Sound System - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars a sound dock (which is probably better in the right setting than my B&W Zep) and ..., 12 Dec. 2015
I am a Bose fan. I have their speakers for my computer, a sound dock (which is probably better in the right setting than my B&W Zep) and headphones. I like them all. This, however, has been a major disappointment. I am presently using a 4 year old Orbitsound system for my kitchen TV and the connections are getting bit crackly and buzzy so thought it was time to change. Whilst I did not expect to get the sort of bass from the Bose that I get from a system that has a sub-woofer I was expecting something better than the TV's built in speakers but when I switched between the two it was difficult to distinguish between them. In addition, having got the universal remote sorted it then decided it didn't want to play ball and would not do what is expected. So the Bose has gone back to Amazon and the Orbitsound has been re-installed until I can find a better replacement.

Merrell Freewheel Lace, Men Low-Top Sneakers, Brown (Brown Sugar), 9.5 UK (44 EU)
Offered by BlackLeaf

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compromise between fashion and function, 6 Dec. 2015
Fit is as expected and very comfortable to wear - not as cushioning as proper hiking shoes or town walkers but feet not too weary after a full day trekking up and down Oxford St.

Ecomoist Natural Screen Cleaner 50ml with Fine Microfiber Towel
Ecomoist Natural Screen Cleaner 50ml with Fine Microfiber Towel
Offered by Ecozon Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product. No streaks or smears and comes in ..., 27 Sept. 2015
Brilliant product. No streaks or smears and comes in a bottle that will last a lifetime. I use it on LCD, LED and Apple retina screens and it works perfectly on all.

Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 Closed Circumaural Over-Ear Headphone - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better, 10 Dec. 2013
I bought these because I have always been a little disappointed by my B&W P5's, the sound of which is pretty good but they are not the most comfortable to wear over an extended period so I thought I would try Momentums as an alternative. I use headphones mainly from my pc via an arcam ipac.
The Momentums just lack something - can't put my finger on it exactly but all round they fall short of what had I hoped for. Certainly they have a more emphasised treble than the P5's and the bass is less muted too but the middle is muddy. They have had over 70 hours of playing so should be burned in by now. I really wanted the new B&W P7's but baulked at the +£300 price tag and they were not available locally to try before I bought. I also considered seriously the Bose QC15's as I had worn them recently for 8 hours on a transatlantic flight and was impressed. I have a set of Bose in ear 'phones and provided there is no background noise they are superb but I admit Bose headphones are not everyone's cup of tea because you hear what Bose want you to hear rather than what the producer tried to lay down. I also recall doing a straight Bose/B&W comparison last year and the B&W's won.
As I type this I started with the Momentums but have reverted to my P5's which, on balance, I prefer. So the reality is that once the expense of Christmas is over I am going to buy a pair of P7's, which is what I should probably have done in the first place.
Don't get me wrong - the Momentum's are petty good but I think that if your budget is in the £250 region you are probably better with B&W P5's (if you don't mind on-ear as opposed to over-ear).

Milano Slim Mens Full Grain Leather Belt - 1" (25mm) - Black and Brown # ML-2900 - Brown, XL
Offered by jeveria ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly and as described, 7 April 2013
Good quality belt and good quality service. I like the grain effect on the leather so perfect for casual use

Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air B&W Wireless Speaker with Airplay
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air B&W Wireless Speaker with Airplay

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound and easy set up (at least for me), 4 Jan. 2013
I know others have had difficulty setting this up. Fortunately I didn't and I am a dunce when it comes to all things technical. Sound quality is superb and fills a large kitchen wonderfully. One problem I have found is that the new i-pod touch and phone (5 series) now have a 9 point lightening dock as opposed to the 30 point that is on this, which means having to buy an adapter or use an aux socket if you want to use it other than wirelessly. That, however, seems to me to be an Apple issue at this stage and I can quite see how B&W is caught between a rock and a hard place at the moment. But that is not why this is a 4 star review. The reason for that is the wirless connection seems to get lost from time to time and frequently enough for it to be a bit annoying. Otherwise a cracking piece of kit for those with £500 burning a hole in their pocket.

My Bass and Other Animals
My Bass and Other Animals

4.0 out of 5 stars An amusing romp through life, 20 Dec. 2012
Well written and amusingly told. Not sure the overt admissions to serious drug use are such a good idea or set a good example but worth a read nevertheless.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for summer, 14 Aug. 2012
Very comfortable and great to wear in summer with shorts when out on the course but definitely not for winter playing if wet. Good grip underfoot - the course I play is very hilly but feel completely secure whether going up hill or down dale.

Grizzly -Digi-
Grizzly -Digi-
Offered by Edealcity

5.0 out of 5 stars Bertignac c'est bon, 13 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Grizzly -Digi- (Audio CD)
He may be knocking on a bit but he still does the business. Puts a number of younger musicians to shame.

Page: 1 | 2