Profile for Michael Walsh > Reviews

Content by Michael Walsh

Michael Walsh (dublin 22 Ireland)

Merrell Mens Mimic Stretch Dark Earth/Crimson Hiking Shoes J098310 9 UK, 43 EU
Merrell Mens Mimic Stretch Dark Earth/Crimson Hiking Shoes J098310 9 UK, 43 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of ones and twos., 27 Jun 2014
I am really delighted with these shoes, they are as light as a slipper but they feel really sturdy and give me great foot support. I wear them all the time- the best part is going through airports as they literally slip off my feet when required. I subscribe to the ancient philosphical belief that laces are for losers and these shoes more than prove that. I normally take size 9 shoes and the Merrell size 9 fits comfortably.
They are really great value and I am going to buy another pair.

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Ceramic Hob Scraper
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Ceramic Hob Scraper
Offered by Aid Cleaning Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Scraper, 26 Oct 2013
This is a Godsend, it renewed my hob and saved us a fortune in not having to replaced the bespattered hob. It's a sharp blade that shaves splats from jobs, what could be better.

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Replacement Blades for Scraper- pack of five
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Replacement Blades for Scraper- pack of five

5.0 out of 5 stars Spare blades, 26 Oct 2013
As spare blades go, they fulfil all requirement and actually excel at spareness.i can't wait till I actually open the packet so I can buy more spare blades.

Roberts Sports 995 2-Band PLL Synthesised Personal Stereo Radio
Roberts Sports 995 2-Band PLL Synthesised Personal Stereo Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Best radio going., 26 Oct 2013
Brilliant radio, crisp clear reception and very easy to set up. It's deceptively lighter and more compact than in the picture, in fact as a bonus for me I can use it while out for a run. I couldn't recommend this radio higher.

Military Backpack Assault Pack 36L MOLLE Hiking Coyote Tan
Military Backpack Assault Pack 36L MOLLE Hiking Coyote Tan
Offered by CamoOutdoor - The Sports & Camouflage Outfitters

5.0 out of 5 stars Mil Tec patrol pack., 6 July 2013
This pack ticked every box I required, it is large enough to carry what I wanted and it was very comfortable as well. I was initially worried that at such a low price it would be a cheap knock off that fell apart on day one. Happily I was wrong, the price is great value and the pack is equivalent if not better to issue packs.

Courts-Martial, Discipline, and the Criminal Process in the Armed Services (Blackstone Press)
by Judge James W. Rant CB QC

4.0 out of 5 stars Military Law, 29 Feb 2004
This quiet excellent book, should be on the shelf of every Military lawyer and commander, the detail and research in it are unbelieavable.British Military Law can serve as a persuasive precedent for most common law nations military law, The most outstanding feature of the book is the reference guide, as a barrister dealing in military law i would have recourse to refer to this book regularly, the only fly in the ointment is the new ECHR attitude to court martials, which should be in an updated version, well done Mr Rant ( what a great name )

Military Law in Ireland
Military Law in Ireland
by Ciaran Craven

4.0 out of 5 stars Military Law Ireland, 7 Oct 2003
This is the ulitimate source of reference for those who have to deal with Irish Military Law.
Until recently Irish Military law was akin to a state secret, the proof of the pudding is how many soldiers (actually as opposed to they think they do) know there legal rights,it is a worthwhile buy,the only real fault I would have is that the Gunner Buckley case should be more clearly explained, a suggestion for the next edition , maybe the inclusion of an aide memorie of rights for the actual soldier,
Once again a great book

Trusted Mole: A Soldier's Journey into Bosnia's Heart of Darkness
Trusted Mole: A Soldier's Journey into Bosnia's Heart of Darkness
by Martin, M.P. Bell

4.0 out of 5 stars spellbinding, 24 Jun 2001
This is the true story behind the true stories of the wars in bosnia. The Author was there for most of the major incidents, if you want to learn what a worthless and beauacratic organisation the UN is read this, Stankovic should be bemedaled and a general bynow, His descriptions of Sarajevo and surrounding areas was spot on and his description of the " little people " describing the ordinary people of the city and his journeys to the " dark side " remind me strongly of my time there. I have read most of the modern books detailing the Balkan conflict and I always assumed that martin Bell wrote the best one but now Bell is in second place...to summarise get the book now