Profile for Nigel > Reviews

Liverpool Fan Sweatshirt (Adult's) - Red - X-Large
Liverpool Fan Sweatshirt (Adult's) - Red - X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Aug 2014
Good product, keenly priced

The White Queen (Cousins War 1)
The White Queen (Cousins War 1)
by Philippa Gregory

3.0 out of 5 stars You never get "under the bonnet" of any of the characters as you would with say with the great Ken Follet nor is there the histo, 30 Aug 2014
This is my first (and last) taste of Philippa Gregory and whilst the book is well written and researched. The style is very Mills and Boon. You never get "under the bonnet" of any of the characters as you would with say with the great Ken Follet nor is there the historical feel of say a Hilary Mantel. The inexplicable "mermaid fantasy" becomes really tedious quite quickly and detracts from the flow of the narrative. If you enjoy the type of romantic approach of Barbara Cartland, where the lovers wander off into the sunset hand in hand and the scene moves instantly to the following day where the sun shines and the birds sing, then this may well suit you. Me I prefer a larger portion of realism and more attention to detail in the character building and human interrelations.

MAGIX Music Maker 2013 Premium (Anniversary Special inkl. Music Studio)
MAGIX Music Maker 2013 Premium (Anniversary Special inkl. Music Studio)

1.0 out of 5 stars From box to bin in two days, 16 Sep 2013
I bought this software in the hope of just creating some backing tracks so decided not to spend a lot of money on one of the "bells and Whistles" programmes. Big mistake. As soon as I loaded the software all my MS Office documents appeared with strange orange icons and refused to open. A dialogue box came up each time saying the file had been corrupted. I uninstalled Magix and MS Office and then re-installed MS Office. Fortunately the MS docs were now all fine. I eventually found how to get around the myriad of FAQs that Magix see as "support" and found how to email a problem. Two days later (I guess they don't work weekends) I got a reply saying that my report was not "technically plausible" and also it had not been reported before. The recommendation was to start again. Needless to say the software is now in the bin and I shall be looking at a new solution, possibly Band in a Box? who I hear have helpful support.

False economy down to me, dodgy product and unhelpful support courtesy of Magix.

Fender Bass Manual: How to Buy, Maintain and Set Up the Fender Bass Guitar
Fender Bass Manual: How to Buy, Maintain and Set Up the Fender Bass Guitar
by Paul Balmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent manual, 26 July 2012
I agree with all the 5 star reviews, in that Paul has covered all basses (ha ha pun intended) and it is great that there are as many case studies on Squier budget models as high end Fender collectables. The reason I only give 4 stars is the slight inconsistency with giving metric/imperial equivalents. But heh that could be just me being mean. Great book!