Profile for John Brinkley > Reviews

John Brinkley

The Undead Day Fourteen
The Undead Day Fourteen

4.0 out of 5 stars 14-0, 9 Mar. 2014
Mr. Haywood has hit a winning streak with this series, making it not only my favourite zombie books, but my favourite series full stop.

I won't go into details of the story as such but will summarise all 14 books as swiftly as possible.

The characters are incredibly strong, whether they are extras or not, allowing you to be drawn in to their experiences firsthand. This trend increases more and more each book as Mr. Haywood's storytelling abilities noticeably improve. They are relatively short books and are easy to read, but don't let that be a deterrent, rather let that be the reason to start from Day One.

The only reason this book (and the series) gets 4 stars is simply due to the consistent grammatical and spelling errors. Although I never felt it took away from the story, I did find myself re-reading lines to make sense of things. It would be nice for this to not be the case in future books, however it is only a slight complaint. I'll still be buying the next book(s) regardless.

Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design
Level Up!: The Guide to Great Video Game Design

5.0 out of 5 stars I've not even finished and it's awesome, 25 July 2013
I'm on 'level 3' of this book so far, and already it's absolutely fantastic. Chock full of invaluable bits of information from virtually every post within the gaming industry. He focuses mostly on designing (being a designer himself) which is of great interest to me as it's what I'd love to do. But even if you don't want to be a games designer, he has such a huge amount of knowledge on so many different posts within the industry that you'll be able to get use out of it regardless of what you want.

I thoroughly recommend this for anyone who wants to get into the gaming industry in any capacity, or even if you're just interested in how the video games process works.

The Gaming Dream
The Gaming Dream

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible grammar, but interesting stories, 25 July 2013
This review is from: The Gaming Dream (Kindle Edition)
The main thing that turned me off from this book is and was the horrendous grammatical errors throughout. Normally, you can let one or two things slide when it comes to spellings or grammar, but this is littered throughout.

Other than that, it is an interesting view of testing from the late 90's to mid 2000's and considering it was free, you can't really complain.

Fight (SummerSlam Theme Song)
Fight (SummerSlam Theme Song)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic, 25 July 2013
I really enjoyed the Summerslam PPV of 2002 and this song brings me back to that opener between the debuting Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle. A great opener with the upset victory for Mysterio. Lovely song, but it's mostly for nostalgia than anything else.

Samsung Galaxy S3 The Walking Dead 'Disney Logo' Zombie 3D Phone Case Cover
Samsung Galaxy S3 The Walking Dead 'Disney Logo' Zombie 3D Phone Case Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 July 2013
Fantastic little case that fits perfectly. Great quality and an awesome design. Less is indeed more.

You'll need to take it off every few weeks to give it a clean, as grit and dust collects underneath, but that's to be expected of any case.

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 2)
Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good sequel, 25 July 2013
I loved the first book immensely. It took me by complete surprise as it was captivating, easy to read without being 'dumb' and has great characters and a unique twist on the 'Battle Royale' style genre.

The sequel isn't quite as strong, but still a compelling read. I felt it was shorter than the first, but that may be because I was so immersed in it that I just powered straight through.

Well worth getting.

Alarm Clock
Alarm Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Alarm Clock (App)
A great app that works wonders, particularly considering it's free.

It works as a secondary 'back-up' alarm along with my phone and it's never let me down.

I would definitely recommend this.

Komputerbay 8GB (2 X 4GB) DDR3 DIMM (240 pin) 1333Mhz PC3-10600 / PC3-10666 9-9-9-25 1.5v
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Got the wrong one!, 2 Sept. 2012
Foolishly my wife and I (I blame her, though) should have bought DDR2 RAM but fortunately a friend had some so we swapped with him.

Other than the blindingly stupid mistake (I still blame the wife), we were very satisfied with the quality and delivery time, and our friend is even happier! Great amount of space, but check if it will fit your computer, particularly if it is a custom-built one.

Would highly recommend the product and seller.