Profile for subject2status > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lume-Tex 10 x G9 Halogen bulbs 18W = 25W Class C Clear Capsule 240v mains
Lume-Tex 10 x G9 Halogen bulbs 18W = 25W Class C Clear Capsule 240v mains

5.0 out of 5 stars Illuminating, 4 Oct 2012
Six 40w bulbs came with my light fitting - way too bright - and so I hoped these 25w replacements would give a softer light for my hallway.

Ten of them for a fiver and I couldn't find them cheaper anywhere else.

They were delivered within a couple of days, safely packed and every one of them worked perfectly. The brightness was perfect for my needs and so I'm pleased all-round with this purchase.

I can't think of anything else you may want to know but if there is, post a comment and I'll get back to you.

Recommended, and I'll be buying some more from here!

Recorder from the Beginning
Recorder from the Beginning
by John Pitts
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars As recommended by the school to support the year 4 curriculum, 29 Sep 2012
My 8 year old is now having recorder lessons as part of the year 4 curriculum at his school. This book was recommended as the most suitable to support his learning and so I guess that says a lot up front about how good it is.

The pages are full of bright and engaging images which draw an 8 year old in without too much fuss.

I've never played the recorder myself but my wife (who made the purchase) has enthusiastically re-engaged her childhood learning and read more of the book than our son... The dulcet tones of recorder have therefore been echoing throughout the house and I'm never quite sure which of them is responsible... (as a note aside, their skill level is about even).

I asked my son for his feedback but in typical 8 year old fashion it wasn't too specific. He said it's a good book and has taught him Note B and Note A (in that order) and he seemed really pleased with this. In comparitive terms, his was a strong recommendation.

We also bought the recorder here on Amazon which saves dragging the family around the shops trying to find the best buy.

Recommended by at least two members of the family!

AeroPress Filter Papers, Pack of 350, White
AeroPress Filter Papers, Pack of 350, White
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for authentic filters, 28 Sep 2012
Darn it! I bought these elsewhere and with an inflated postage charge. This is a great price for authentic filters for the Aeropress (an amazing little gadget worth every penny).

Some people rinse and reuse these but I only use the Aeropress two or three times a week so this pack of filters lasts me ages.

I've now saved this in my wish list for next time I need to buy more...

Aeropress Coffee Maker + Extra 350 Micro Filters - Aerobie
Aeropress Coffee Maker + Extra 350 Micro Filters - Aerobie
Offered by In21 Direct
Price: 26.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and authentic cappuccino as good as any bought in high street coffee shops, 28 Sep 2012
Along with the Bodum 1446 Latteo Milk Frother, this little coffee maker gives me a fantastic and authentic cappuccino as good as any bought in high street coffee shops.

It amazes me each time I use it - why do others pay significant amounts of money for big electric coffee machines?

Two scoops of ground coffee (along with the milk from the above frother) makes enough for 2 large mugs of beautiful cappuccino.

Highly recommended.

I've had my Aeropress for almost 2 years so if you have any questions you'd like me to respond to, please post a comment below and I'll get back to you.

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Price: 23.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic authentic cappuccino as good as any bought in high street coffee shops, 28 Sep 2012

Highly recommended.

20 compatible Ink Cartridges to Brother LC1220 LC1240 / 8x LC1240BK + 4x LC1240C + 4x LC1240M + 4x LC1240Y for Brother MFC-J280W, MFC-J425W, MFC-J430W, MFC-J435W, MFC-J5910DW, MFC-J625DW, MFC-J6510DW, MFC-J6710DW, MFC-J6910DW, MFC-J825DW, MFC-J835DW, DCP-J525W, DCP-J725DW, DCP-J925DW
Offered by Silver Trade GmbH_1
Price: 22.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Brother MFC-J825DW, 24 Sep 2012
I bought these cartridges for my newly purchased Brother MFC-J825DW. The printer was quite costly but I'm fed up with cheap printers that fleece you for the price of an ink cartridge so decided to go with a higher up front cost and save on ink. These work out as 1 each - amazing value.

They don't have the elaborate lockable orange plastic seals that Brother have on their own cartridges but have a small plastic stopper instead. Apart from that, they appear to be indistinguishable from the originals and slot into my printer without any problems at all.

The quality of the ink is fine and suitable for all normal daily and routine requirements. The one thing I haven't tried as yet is to print photos so I'll post an update as soon as I have.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please post a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.

UPDATE & TOP TIP...

I've now been using these for three months and they are working really well. I did have one problem with the yellow cartridge which just wouldn't load. I found the problem was that the plastic seal hadn't ripped away properly - I worked the hole with a needle and it then worked perfectly. The ink seems to be lasting for ever so I'm still recommending this as a five star buy! (updated 7/1/13)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2013 8:27 PM BST

iPhone 5 / 5S Genuine Leather Pocket Case / Pouch / Cover + 6-in-1 Screen Protector Pack By Shocksock
Offered by ClickJunkie
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a nice, classy and genuine leather case, 24 Sep 2012
I bought the iPhone 4 version of this for my 4S last year and as soon as I ordered my iPhone 5 I had no hesitation whatsoever in buying the iPhone 5 version.

This item is exactly the same apart from being those extra 9mm longer and so perfect for the new iPhone.

I travel a lot for my job and I also store my iPhone in my work bag during the day - this case is perfect for protecting it and keeping any lint at bay! It's a close fit and so I can't leave any other cover on it (bumper etc) but I get a confident feeling that my phone is safe from any damage from other items knocking into it. The screen is completely protected which isn't always so with other cases.

The smoothness of the leather means you can slide it in and out of your pocket without it catching and the closure allows you to gently pull your iPhone out and delivers it safely into your hand. This also allows for discrete checking of the screen when I'm travelling by train.

I slide my phone in upside down so the speaker is not obstructed and therefore don't miss any calls or texts. The ringtones are as loud as if I didn't have a cover on it at all. The headphone jack is situated alongside the speaker and so this allows you to listen to music on the train (or bus) whilst the phone is completely protected from scrapes or drops.

The screen protectors are a nice extra but I've no intention of ever using them as I want to be touching that wonderful screen directly, so I'm sorry I can't comment on how well they work (they may find their way on an auction site...)

Overall this is a nice classy case and would make an impressive gift for a loved one. It's genuine leather and not the PU that so many advertisers seem to think is ok to describe as leather! It fits my iPhone 5 perfectly. Highly recommended.

Ravensburger Labyrinth Game Limited Edition
Ravensburger Labyrinth Game Limited Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and a fantastic distraction for a rainy day stuck indoors. Knocks socks off yet another jigsaw!, 23 Sep 2012
I saw a German family playing a card version of this game on holiday and made a mental note to find it when I got home. I'm yet to find that version but came across this one here on Amazon and the reviews are really positive so I went ahead and bought it.

The version I have is in a tin rather than a box - nice touch - and gives the game a luxury feel even before the box is opened. On first impression the board, tiles and cards are all good quality. The four character playing pieces are cheap looking plastic and are the only reservation for me at this stage.

This 25th anniversary edition also has extra gameplay with hidden codes on the back of some of the tiles - this gives the player extra turns etc.

The object of the game is to navigate the paths and reach the treasure as dictated by your hand of cards. The problem is that each turn, the layout of the maze changes and your path can easily be cut off or you can find your playing piece has moved to the opposite side of the board.

The game is suitable for 6 year olds and older - four people can play at the same time and you can pair up for younger ones so that 'teams' can play each other.

Brother MFC-J825DW A4 Colour All-in-One Wireless Colour Inkjet Printer (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect, 8 Sep 2012
A lot of printer reviews on Amazon seem to begin with a reference to 'my last printer' being an Epson...

My Epson was a great machine, fantastic quality prints, but only when it chose to work. I had many frustrations with the ink - the cartridges were full but the microchip swore they were empty and refused to print anything until I replaced the perfectly good cartridge. What a waste of money!

So my search began, and good old Amazon has plenty of excellent reviews to help me make my selection and it was this amazing little machine that I chose.

The headlines are:
* Print, scan, photocopy, fax
* Wireless
* Paper cartridge which takes about 50 sheets
* Cartridge also separately holds about 15 photo sheets without having to remove the paper
* Prints onto CD/DVD/BD
* Free software from Apple and Android to print photos directly from your mobile phone (wirelessly)
* Photocopier has a document feeder on top
* Can print directly from SD and Memory Stick
* Can scan directly to SD and Memory Stick

The price seems high as you can buy all-in-one printers for around 30, but the ink costs on those can be high. It's not recommended that you use compatible ink cartridges, but they are available here on Amazon and you can get 20 for 20 - what an absolute bargain. I'm happy to pay heavier up front and save masses of cash over the coming years.

Setting up the wifi to the network was easy. I did have trouble hooking my laptop up to it though as the software and guidance was a little confusing. Somehow though, it suddenly worked and with no wires it feels like I have control over the black arts!

Picture quality is pretty good although I've mainly used cheapish paper and so I don't think I've seen the best of it as yet. I printed a DVD with cover art and the fine detail on the disc was amazing. When you use this function, the DVD slots into a plastic holder (which is stored away inside the scanner lid) and you have to make sure the printer is 10cm away from the wall behind as it pushes the holder all the way through. There's a colour screen which walks you through all this so you can't make any mistakes.

I'm really pleased with this printer and hoping I get a good few years service from it. I just bought 20 cartridges so I'm looking forward to seeing how long they'll last me!

There's so much more to say and I probably haven't included everything you want to know, so if there's anything you'd like me to offer my views on, please post a comment and I'll get back to you.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 25, 2013 2:17 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for kids, 1 Sep 2012
A little while back my kids were wandering around a family wedding with the camera of a family member and took loads of random shots. Most of them were disasters but some were fantastic pictures which we would never otherwise have seen. Great work by my two little people aged 5 and 7. The good thing about a digital camera of course is that you can easily delete any poor pictures.

This experience made me determined to find a cheap-ish camera which they could use wherever we go. I particularly didn't want to pay 65 for a Fisher-Price toy/real one. After a couple of disasters (which were quickly returned to their suppliers), I came across this great little item and at a bargain price.

The pictures are very clear, despite the inaccurate and shaky hands operating the camera. The full colour screen is excellent and the controls are simple enough to learn quickly. It's a sturdy camera and takes a bit of knocking around. I've attached a lanyard to it so the children can hang it around their neck and snap at will.

It's a shame there isn't a rechargable battery included but for the price I don't feel justified in complaining too much. The 3x AAA batteries don't last much longer than a day of 'shooting' but they are cheap enough to buy in bulk at the Pound Store...

Overall a nice camera for kids and, at this price, I recommend it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2013 2:04 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20