Profile for subject2status > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 287

subject2status (Hampshire, UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
P-HX-6014 6013 / 6014 -Standard compatible Toothbrush Heads Results Pro , Care-Flex, Clean-Diamond & Clean-Easy 4 Pack

2.0 out of 5 stars Teeth Rattlers, 6 Aug 2013
These are ok for the first week and then they deteriorate. I have no idea what caused the change to come about but I became aware the noise level was rising, the head vibrating wildly and working it's way loose. Teeth rattlers!

I won't be buying these again, no matter how cheap they are

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like it's part of the TV, 27 May 2013
I have three of these little gadgets scattered in my house and they all work really well.

The magic eye allows you to control the Sky box remotely and you can operate all the Sky+ functions such as changing channels, playing recorded programmes and access Sky On Demand - all for a one off charge and no Sky multi-room subscription required.

The down side is that if you have more than one (hooked up) TV switched on then you have to watch the same channel. You also need to hard wire a co-axial cable from your Sky box to the back of the additional TVs.

I have a little booster positioned in my loft and this gives me a great picture on all three TVs as well as not interfering with the one in the main TV (check my other reviews for details of this as I bought it here on Amazon).

This particular magic eye has a tiny sensor that sticks to the front and looks like part of the TV, so long as it's a black TV of course! It's sensitive and picks up the signal without problem.

All in all a great little gadget!

Cable Mountain 1m Gold Plated Male to Male Plug to Plug Shielded TV Coaxial Aerial Cable - Black
Offered by Cable Mountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Definite improvement in the picture quality, 27 May 2013
I wanted this to improve the quality of the Sky feed to my second TV using a 'magic eye'.

I've got loads of aerial cables but they seem to build up a powdery green residue that affects the contact and therefore the quality of the video and audio.

At this low price I thought it was worth a gamble and indeed was money well spent. There is a definite improvement in the picture quality and I'm more than happy with that.

Apart from everything else, I also like the black cable as it's more discrete.

A good all-round purchase.

Frost® Compatible Thoothbrushes heads for 6013 / 6014 -Standard compatible Toothbrush Heads Results Pro , Care-Flex, Clean-Diamond & Clean-Easy 3-Pack
Offered by Deals-Point®

5.0 out of 5 stars At half the price of the original brand, are they any good?, 27 May 2013
I've only ever used the Philips original replacement heads - both standard and mini size. I think they're expensive and don't last as long as the price suggests they should.

When I saw these advertised at less than half the price, I didn't expect them to be as good as the original but I'm having difficulty telling the difference.

They fit my toothbrush perfectly - Philips Sonicare HX6731/02 and I'll be buying more of them.

If I haven't mentioned any aspect you'd like to clarify, post a comment and I'll get back to you.

Apple iPod touch 16GB 4th Generation - White  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by FirstDATA

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to my daughter no longer asking to play games on my iPhone, 27 May 2013
I've had a 60gb iPod classic for some years now and it revolutionised my approach to music. In my opinion there's nothing to compare to iTunes and it's impressive array of features and especially it's superb and intelligent playlists. That old iPod carries on faultlessly delivering the music we listen to at home via a Gear4 Houseparty 4.

It took me a few more years to try an iPhone and I only joined that particular revolution when the iPhone 4S was released. Wow. I am now a complete Apple convert and my next PC won't be a Sony...

So we come to the iPod 4. I have bought this for my daughter for her 7th birthday, having bought one for my 8 year old son last year. My god, how I would have loved this technology at ANY age. My teenage years featured poor radio reception and the pre-cursor to the Sony Walkman (whoops, Sony reference again). How I would have so loved an iPod, and how different would my life have been !?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, at first glance this little beauty looks just like my iPhone 4S. On closer examination it's lighter and a lot thinner with a lovely shiny sleek tapered metal back.

Interestingly, connecting the cable was hit and miss - it doesn't slot in as smoothly as my other Apple products and I half felt like I had the wrong connector. I checked and reassured myself it was the right one but it still felt like I was being too rough with it. I hope this isn't an issue going forward.

I hooked it up to my iTunes and set up a new profile easily enough - the details are on screen and all went smoothly. I thought it might be more complex due to having two other Apple devices linked to my PC and I was concerned I wouldn't be able to control what went onto this iPod, but it was all really straightforward.

I was able to choose what music and which apps would synch and hey-presto, it downloaded fast and I was able to move icons around to get everything ready for it's new owner.

Operating it is the same as my iPhone although I can tell the difference in its processing power - slight delays in carrying out my requests - but really, not an issue at all and this is one amazing little machine. I love it.

As for my 7 year old, her birthday is still a few weeks away but I'm looking forward to her no longer asking to play games on my iPhone - she particularly likes playing Parking Mania - you can bet your bottom, er Euro, that it's already on her iPod 4 waiting for her...

50 x Lichfields UHT Whole Milk - 50 x 12ml portions
50 x Lichfields UHT Whole Milk - 50 x 12ml portions
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars For the cost of two Costa Cappuccinos, 14 May 2013
I travel a lot with my job and visit different sites - not always with good hospitality - so I like to have emergency supplies of milk and coffee to make sure I can grab a drink. These portion pots are ideal to take along and can sit in my work bag without going sour.

The biggest worry about buying these online is whether they'll be delivered undamaged and also the 'use by' date. However, they were well protected and arrived intact. As for the 'use by' date - they were good for three months and this gave me plenty of time to make sure I can use them all without waste.

The price may seem steep but the five pounds would buy me two Costa cappuccinos. In the meantime my coffee making ability will continue for 48 more drinks.......

UHT Whole Milk Portions (120 pots)
UHT Whole Milk Portions (120 pots)
Offered by UK Business Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Will they arrive undamaged and what about the 'use by' date?, 14 May 2013

The biggest worry about buying these online is whether they'll be delivered undamaged and also the 'use by' date. Well, they couldn't have been wrapped and protected any better - all 120 arrived intact. As for the 'use by' date - they were good for FIVE MONTHS - plenty of time to make sure I can use them all without waste.

The price may seem steep but the eight pounds wouldn't buy me four Costa cappuccinos. In the meantime my coffee making ability will continue for 116 more drinks.......

LG 47LA690V 47-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Cinema Screen/Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing ~ Stunning ~ Breathtaking, 14 May 2013
I bought this 47" to replace my LG 42". It's marginally wider and sits lower so that the overall effect is it looks smaller. However this couldn't be further from the truth once it's turned on as the picture jumps out at you!

Setting up was easy enough and the remote also controls the Sky HD box. Unfortunately the same can't be said about my PS3 but you can't have it all I guess. Two remote controls are supplied - the standard one and the new 'magic remote', a great little thing which is kind of like a mouse. It's all fairly intuitive and that's just as well because there aren't too many guides or manuals in the box...

Turning on the TV, the LG logo on the bottom bezel gently pulsates and then the screen comes to life.

The bezel is almost non existent until you turn it on and then a 1cm black band becomes apparent. This doesn't detract from the fact the LG 47LA690V is a modern and beautifully elegant TV. The HD picture is astonishingly clear, SD images less so but this is what you'd expect.

As for 3D, it really is quite stunning. I've watched Sky 3D programmes and a number of 3D Blurays and been blown away by the amazing 3D effect. It's like looking through a (big) window on the world. Sky 3D are showing the David Attenborough programmes at the moment and some of the images really are breathtaking. Some movies have the pop-out effect but most images show depth way back behind the screen - a real pleasure to watch.

The passive 3D glasses provided are comfortable and don't dull the screen. I was worried I'd feel a complete idiot wearing them but soon forgot I was as the 3D reward is so good.

Sound is equally fantastic with a 2.1 system - double speakers underneath the screen and a subwoofer built into the back of the screen - easily the best sound I've ever heard coming from a TV.

This is a great TV and I know I haven't done it justice with this short write up so if you have any questions you'd like to ask, post a comment and I'll get back to you.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2013 10:29 PM GMT

Nobo Pinntafel Espresso 1902452
Nobo Pinntafel Espresso 1902452
Offered by POV GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and pretty heavy duty item, 15 Mar 2013
I bought two of these to hang above my children's desks in their bedrooms.

It's a good quality and pretty heavy duty item. The pin board and whiteboard are fully functional with no fear of breaking easily. The extras supplied work well - two magnets and a special whiteboard marker which has a magnet and board cleaner built in to it.

The hanging kit works well - two metal plates are fixed directly onto the wall and then the board clips over the top of them. Screws and wallplugs supplied.

Recommended!

NeverBend by Luxire - 24 Stainless Steel Collar Stiffeners 6.3cm Long
NeverBend by Luxire - 24 Stainless Steel Collar Stiffeners 6.3cm Long
Offered by Luxire

5.0 out of 5 stars Collars are straighter than they ever were!, 15 Mar 2013
I have a number of TM Lewin shirts and was disappointed with the poor plastic collar stiffners. Not so stiff after a few months use... These stainless steel ones soon sorted that.

They fit well into the pocket underneath the collar and once on, the collars are straighter than they ever were. It was a tight fit for one of my shirts but the cotton stretched ok and even after washing this hasn't been a problem.

Each of the items was in perfect condition - no rust or discolouration etc

The box is utilitarian so don't expect anything other than functional storage from it - basic plastic box. There was also a tape measure included in the box - no idea why but I guess it will come in handy for something!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20