Profile for Christos > Reviews

Content by Christos

Christos (London, UK)

A Feast for Crows (Reissue) (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
A Feast for Crows (Reissue) (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
by George R. R. Martin
Price: 3.85

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost the plot?, 29 April 2012
I'm not sure who has lost the plot, Mr Martin, me or both of us.
As others have said, this book is a big disappointment after the previous efforts.
I too found myself skipping some pages, particularly around Cersei and Kings Landing and a lot is written about not much in my opinion.

The biggest disappointment is the number of key characters who have just gone missing from this book and the number of new characters that have been introduced, many for only a brief appearance. I have read the authors explanation for this at the end and that the key characters will reappear in the next book, however the way this has been done is not to my taste.

Book 1 in the series had an appendix of 20 pages listing the characters. By book 4 (Feast for Crows) this has grown to 68 pages ! Does anyone else think he may be better concentrating on existing characters a bit more?

I am also not impressed at the increasing sexual descriptions and violent torture described. This has definately ramped up in this book.

Having said all that I will obviously still be reading the next volume in the series if only to find out the fate of Tyrion et al.

The Fort
The Fort
by Bernard Cornwell
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Fort (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book more than any other written by Cornwell and I have read most of them. It is a well told tale with great characters and obviously an extremely well researched book. It gave me a view of a period of history that I knew little about.

Berghaus Mens Gore-Tex Paclite Lightweight Waterproof Trouser
Berghaus Mens Gore-Tex Paclite Lightweight Waterproof Trouser
Price: 82.32 - 100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance, 18 Nov 2008
I have used a pair of these for the past year and have been very impressed with the water repelancy, breathability and most of all the weight! Thay are so light you just don't know you are wearing them, especially compared to old style rain pants.

Being able to easily put them on and take them off over boots, due to the full length zips, is brilliant. Just be a bit careful not to snag the zips as I have done once or twice. I hold my thumb against the material as I zip which seems to ensure no snags. Fantastic for golf as well as hiking!