Profile for Max Berman > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Monument 1453e Suction Plunger 5.1/2in
Monument 1453e Suction Plunger 5.1/2in
Offered by Tool and Fix

5.0 out of 5 stars Unblocks the cludgie. What more would you want?, 23 April 2014
Does exactly as it says on the tin. If your cludgie is blocked, this will shift it absolutely no bother.

ATTIS Pine Tar Soap - 140g | Natural | Handmade
ATTIS Pine Tar Soap - 140g | Natural | Handmade
Offered by ATTIS Body Products

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 23 April 2014
Just writing in response to the two other reviews here. Didn't find the lather to stain the bath. The lather is brown but can be instantly washed away with the shower. Also I found it to lather well even though I live in a hard water area. Additionally, it has a great, earthy smell, lasts well and is pretty big so fairly good value. Would have been 5 stars if the price was a pound or so less.

Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White)
Sophie The Giraffe Original Teether in Blister Pack (White)

1.0 out of 5 stars Repurposed dog toy. Babies will chew anything!, 16 April 2014
Sorry - just don't get this. As a first time father, I'd do anything to ease my baby's teething. I even went as far as to pay for Sophie the Giraffe amongst other fantastically expensive chew toys. What you quickly learn after buying this stuff is that babies will chew anything and nothing specific will ease the discomfort of teething. I think Sophie the Giraffe is the worst of a bad lot of very cheap toys designed to exploit worried parents to buy something that the TV remote will do just as well. I'm certain some bright spark in the Sophie the Giraffe dog toy factory realised this and the most expensive baby chew of all time was born. Waste of money. Just be nice to your baby and let it chew anything that's relatively hygienic in your house. This is neither better nor worse than ANYTHING that will fit in a babies mouth.

Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive
Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars After one morning of work, I literally love this thing!, 17 Mar 2014
I use an i5 Macbook Pro for digital painting and 3D modelling and it was really getting rather tired. Didn't want to splash out on an SSD as I'll be upgrading soon. Probably won't need to upgrade for a lot longer now. Feels like a new Mac. I'm sure the fresh install of OSX probably helped and I'd advise that rather than restoring from Time Machine or similar. Boot times and working files load and operate very quickly. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Amplicomms Watch and Care V100 Digital Monitoring System (White)
Amplicomms Watch and Care V100 Digital Monitoring System (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic product with some pretty obvious design flaws, 26 Nov 2013
A fantastic product with some pretty obvious design flaws. For what it's designed to do, the Watch and Care is fantastic. There are a couple of catastrophic design flaws that need to be addressed:

1 - When you turn the camera on, it beeps VERY loudly twice and flashes a VERY bright light. Not great if you've finally managed to get your baby to sleep.
2 - The play music button is positioned in such a way that if you have the monitor on your belt clip, as you lift it up you very easily hit this button. Again, not great for a sleeping baby.

Other than that, it's a fantastic product . I reckon I'm going to tape up the flashing light and speaker and sort it myself!

FEINZER Universal Knife Block
FEINZER Universal Knife Block
Offered by FEINZER

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but good luck washing the brush., 26 Nov 2013
Truly a beautiful item and although the brush insert is dishwasher safe, it took me days to fully dry it on a radiator. I suggest sponging the upper brush surface rather than dishwashering it unless it's really dirty. The bamboo exterior is classy and although it only holds up to around four knives, I only ever use an 8" chef's knife, a paring knife and a bread knife for pretty much everything.

ProCook Gourmet X30 Paring Knife 9cm / 3.5in
ProCook Gourmet X30 Paring Knife 9cm / 3.5in
Offered by ProCook

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, well balanced knives for wait? How much?, 26 Aug 2013
Having recently attended a knife skills class at the Culinary School in NY, I was all set to buy three Wusthofs on their recommendation. Sure enough, having never used a quality knife before, I was certain they would make me a better cook. They felt fantastic to use.

Then I thought. For the amount of cooking I do, was it really worth me buying £300 worth of knives? I had a look around for the closest approximation to the Wusthof classic shape and found the X30s.

I can happily tell you that I found these to feel very similar in operation and there appears to be no problem with quality on visual inspection. One could argue that these will blunten faster and won't last as long as the Wusthofs but you could add an Anysharp sharpener and a whetstone for a further £20 and you're laughing.

I'm not saying that Wusthofs aren't worth the money if you are an actual professional chef but for the keen amateur, I'd thoroughly recommend the X30 range. I'd maybe buy a tamer breadknife like a Sabatier as the D30 version is a bit fierce.

Other than that, for the money, astounding value and a great set of knives.

ProCook Gourmet X30 Chefs Knife 20cm / 8in
ProCook Gourmet X30 Chefs Knife 20cm / 8in
Offered by ProCook

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional feel and performance for wait? How much?, 26 Aug 2013

I'm not saying that Wusthofs aren't worth the money if you are an actual professional chef but for the keen amateur, I'd thoroughly recommend the X30 range. I'd maybe buy a tamer breadknife like a Sabatier as the X30 version is a bit fierce.

Other than that, for the money, astounding value and a great set of knives.

Rip Curl Wetsuit Conditioner Piss-off 250ml
Rip Curl Wetsuit Conditioner Piss-off 250ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Massively overpriced., 24 Aug 2012
I used this stuff for about 6 months and realised my wetsuit was still as susceptible to mould and odours as it was without it. Now I use a quarter bath filled with about 5-10 squirts of antibacterial handwash. A tenth the price and smells nice too. If this stuff came in 2L bottles for the same price, maybe. But £8 for a thimbleful? Back to the handwash.

Highland Strathspeys for Fiddle [DVD]
Highland Strathspeys for Fiddle [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sophia Garrido

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the classiest fiddle DVD out there!, 2 Aug 2011
If you know Sarah Jane, you already know she's one of the most talented fiddle players out there. This DVD knocks chunks out of most other instructional music DVDs with its clear, concise method of instruction and its high production values.

Even if you're not learning to play the fiddle, the performances and background history of the Strathspeys are massively entertaining and interesting.

Great stuff.