Profile for David Bell > Reviews

Content by David Bell

David Bell (York, England)

Secluzion neckband Headphones - Ideal for Laptop , mobile phones , iphone , ipad , aerobics and the gym

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 1 Sept. 2012
I nearly didn't buy these, thinking they must be rubbish for £10 - I usually pay several times this much on headphones.

I have lost count of the number of different headphones I have bought over the years, all of which have one flaw or another. These ones are just amazing in comparison - comfortable and excellent sound quality.

If I was being picky, I would say the (good quality) lead is an over generous length, and the plug isn't gold plated though the 1/4" adaptor is.

However the bottom line is that these are an absolute steal for the money - I would have been very pleased with them at several times the amount I paid!

White Chalk
White Chalk

5.0 out of 5 stars "The words are tightening around the throat of the one I love", 29 Oct. 2007
This review is from: White Chalk (Audio CD)
Blood and death, longing and loss, and waiting, always waiting for a love that will never be requited.

Yes, welcome to another happy-clappy PJ Harvey album!

As a long time PJ Harvey fan I approached this album with some trepidation - it was clearly going to be very different to her previous work.

The first listen was somewhat disappointing - the overall impression was of the songs sounding similar to each other. Further listening however has convinced me that this is one of the best, if not the best, albums she has ever done. It won't appeal to all the fans of her previous work as it is very much an album of hidden depths rather than the more 'in your face' approach of her previous albums.

Polly has always had a way with words, but here she excels herself, with many memorable lyrics. This is an album that rewards careful listening - it's definitely not background music.

Where on earth will she go from here?