Profile for Graeme Stanley > Reviews

Graeme Stanley (Scotland)

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
Offered by Or Tal

4.0 out of 5 stars stop looking for other MP3 players..... buy this one!, 7 Jan. 2012
I've had this for about 4 hours and I LOVE IT!!! Way better than all my previous MP3 players!

Its worth reading a few of the reviews here... I did, and as a result, I knew to select 'rest of world' as my region when I first switched the player on. Otherwise I would have been frustrated by a low volume level (or so I've read). Apparently the politicians in the UK have decided that we UK residents cannot tolerate high volume levels. As I write this I'm listening to the player at about 80% volume and its quite loud enough!

My criteria for an MP3 player were as follows;

1. NOT an iPod ... tick
2. no need for software install - just use as a USB disk.... tick
3. big capacity.... tick (8Gb + micro SD card option)
4. simple user interface.... tick (simple, and effective)
5. loud..... tick

I've given this item 4 out 5. It would have been 5 but it lost 1 point for the following (possibly trivial) reasons;

1. it comes bundled with useless headphones... why bother? anyone serious about music will have their own 'proper' headphones. I'd rather pay £2 less and get no headphones.

2. the plastic packaging!!! it comes neatly packed in a small cardboard box but inside lurks one of those heat sealed plastics packs that you need scissors to get into and (in my opinion) should be banned - they leave horrible sharp plastic remnants in my bin that I feel wrong about just chucking out. They might cut some poor waste-dump dwelling rodent's nose clean off!

Overall, this is an EXCELLENT MP3 player that, save for some stupid packaging flaws, is near perfect... GO SANDISK!

LINDY 10m VGA Cable Premium Monitor Cable
LINDY 10m VGA Cable Premium Monitor Cable

4.0 out of 5 stars just what I was looking for, 14 Jan. 2009
bought to connect my PC to my ceiling mounted projector. I saw cheaper alternatives but bought this one as I believe you get what you pay for. The result... very nearly as good a picture as when it was connected by a 1.5m cable. VERY VERY slight ghosting can be seen but still a great picture.

If you're looking for a quality data cable - get this one.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars a bargain, 10 Jan. 2009
Ignore the first review! This mount is solid and easy to fit. If you're looking for a ceiling mount without spending crazy money look no further...

I have an Epson EB-6X and I fitted it to the mount easily. Yes, if you have a hollow ceiling you will need to buy separate fixings but these will cost a few pounds max.

Remember to tighten the adjustment nut...or you will have the same problems as the first reviewer!

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow
Offered by punkermentality

5.0 out of 5 stars their best yet?, 25 Dec. 2007
bought this having listened to their previous albums. absolutely brilliant. A must have for coheed fans! too many good tracks to mention!