Profile for Petra "I love to read" > Reviews

Content by Petra "I l...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 171

Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Two Fridays in April
Two Fridays in April

5.0 out of 5 stars a wonderful read which showed grief at its rawest yet healing at its best...., 30 Mar. 2015
Two Fridays in April written by Roisin Meaney is not only a brilliant read but one which showed how one much loved man's demise affected those he left behind.
I have been a fan of Roisin Meaney from the first moment I read The Daisy Picker, I continued to follow her career and have loved every book she has ever written. With Two Fridays in April in my opinion Roisin has not only written a fabulous read but one which I truly think she has outdone herself with not only brilliant story-telling but she has brought the pain of grief to life through characters I could not help but care for.
Finn is the centre point of the main characters and as they narrate their own story this is one book which not only shows the pain of grief but also Roisin Meaney certainly has a clear understanding of how death affects a family in so many different but very painful ways.
Daphne is Finn's second wife and though a few years younger than Finn it was clear they had a very loving relationship which makes it so hard for Daphne to come to terms with the loss of the one man she has loved more than the other main man in her life and that is Jack Daphne's father. Daphne is a beautiful character inside and out and her emotions were very raw when we first get to know her.
Through the narration of Daphne, her step daughter Una Darling, mother in law Mo Darling and Daphne's own mother Isobel Franklin we see how much Finn Darling was loved and admired by all who knew him but we also have an insight into each of the women's lives through their own narration.
Why I loved this book so much was Roisin Meaney is not only a brilliant story-teller who brings her characters alive through vivid writing but she also understands how the loss of one man can knock the families foundations. This for me is also a book of goodness and how acts of kindness can show friendship and hope at the most difficult of times.
Two Fridays in April written by Roisin Meaney is a book which I am happy to recommend to all those who not only love books of fiction which show human emotion at the rawest but also has life lessons and understanding throughout, for me personally it showed that life can continue after the loss of a loved one while happiness comes from the most unexpected sources.
Two Fridays in April is one book which had me captivated from page one therefore I am happy to recommend this marvellous read to other readers of fiction which is filled with precious life lessons throughout.

Samsonite Toiletry Bag B-Lite Cosmetic Cases, Expandable, Medium, Chili Red 58425 1198

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for those bits and pieces us ladies can do without on our travels..., 30 Mar. 2015
Samsonite toiletry bag B Lite Cosmetic case is a great looking purse which will hold quite a few bits and pieces. The bag weighs next to nothing which will make it the perfect cosmetic case for those who are looking something which will hold everything without causing any extra unneeded excess weight when travelling abroad. The material is made from a top quality material which will last, with the added bonus of a bottom zip at the bottom of the cosmetic case which lets the case widen to hold a few extra bits and pieces.
I am happy to recommend Samsonite Toiletry bag/cosmetic case as not only a bag which holds things safely and securely but looks good at the same time.

Thorntons Classics Mint Favourites Collection 327 g
Thorntons Classics Mint Favourites Collection 327 g

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful chocolates.., 30 Mar. 2015
Thorntons Classics Mint Favourites Collection are a lovely selection of chocolates especially for those who love their sweets with a hint or an extra dash of mint. The selection is varied and very tasty and I have to say once opened in this household they did not last long. Thorntons really know how to make a beautiful sweet which is down the years have proven themselves time and time again.
Thorntons Classics Mint Favourites Collection is a beautiful box of chocolates not only tasting good with the added extra of being tastefully presented in a beautiful gold box which makes these a lovely present for you or yourself.

Olay 37 ml Total Effects Moisturiser Day and Night Cream - Duo Pack
Olay 37 ml Total Effects Moisturiser Day and Night Cream - Duo Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Olay the name says it all..., 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Olay 37Ml Total Effects Moisturiser day and night has been a firm favourite of mine and my mothers for such a long time. From the first memory of my mother's dressing table there was always a bottle of Oil of Ulay as it was once known. Then they had only a couple of basic bottles of fantastic product, but now with the name change came many new lines and for me personally when they bring a new product out I was always sure to buy. Have now been using this particular Total Effect Moisturiser for a few years. During this time like many women I have went back and forth with different brands but I always come back to this one as with the 7 in 1 total effects I do not have to use various creams to cover the many flaws my skin have a habit of developing but this one covers them all.
I love the texture of both the night and day cream as it immediately sinks into my skin without leaving a heavy residue which I hate as with any oily residue it sits on my skin which creates those dreaded spots and blemishes.
For the price asked this is a top quality product which provides me with everything I want from a skin product.
I am happy to recommend Olay Total Effects Moisturiser Day and Night cream as it not only a great product which keeps my skin in top notch condition but will also lessen those tell tale skin issues which love help to tell your real age.

Polti Vaporetto Pure Steam Cleaner
Polti Vaporetto Pure Steam Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars remove the dirt and whiffs the easy way......, 27 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Polti Vaporetto Pure Steam Cleaner is one very impressive machine which produces great cleaning results at a very convenient time frame. I have previously been using an older model of another well known makes which I do also like - personally if I had to make a choice I would always pick this one as it is quicker and mover convenient to use. The Polti Vaporetti Pure Steam CLeaner heated up so much quicker than my older model plus the added bonus the strength of steam could be monitored using a very convenient button on the actual handle which I held to work the steamer therefore everything was very easy to control to receive superb results.
I love the fact that this machine has so many added extras which are especially made for separate areas of the home and I have to say after using each of the attachments each of them produce first class cleaning results with the added bonus no extra shampoo or soap etc. had to be bought to provide the very clean results which is an extra bonus as a few members of the family are allergic to a lot of detergents/soaps etc. Due to the fact that no extra detergent is needed to provide the cleaning the Polti Vaporetto Steam Cleaner provides which means it is economical to use as with no added detergents there are no extra expenses. There is an added fragrance which at the time is nice to use but one thing I was disappointed with is due to the fact the fragrance was soon quick to disappear.
The Polti Vaporetto Pure Steam Cleaner is one superb steam cleaner which provides the user with a simple to use cleaning tool which uses the natural sterilisation of steam to provide perfect cleaning which is also hygienic because of the extra heat received from steam.
I am happy to recommend the Polti Vaporetto Pure Steam Cleaner to other customers who want a top quality product.
I really do like the Polti Vaporetto Pure Steam Cleaner as a great tool which provides first class cleaning

The Death's Head Chess Club
The Death's Head Chess Club
by John Donoghue

4.0 out of 5 stars how one game of chess can changes a man's life.., 25 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Death's Head Chess Club written by John Donoghue for me was a very interesting read which was based first of all through the war years and in a prison camp for the Jews, it then progresses to 1962. It shows how one game which is being played throughout the years can become so competitive it can lead to one man destroying his future.
The book for me was raw with fear for those in charge of the camp yet the power the Jewish man held by being able to beat those in charge at their own game of chess was interesting and even for me showed me a side of this game I clearly knew nothing about.
If you like to read historical fiction filled with characters who were made so real through the authors excellent writing, this is the book for you. It was an excellent read and one I am happy to recommend to other readers of historical fiction.

A Place Called Winter
A Place Called Winter
by Patrick Gale

3.0 out of 5 stars Winter is a place as well as a season.., 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: A Place Called Winter (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A Place Called Winter written by Patrick Gale is not only a beautiful book to read but one which will take you on a journey to Canada while he seeks a new life. Harry was a lovely character which throughout the book it was hard not to like him. I have to be honest the first part of the book I was not so thrilled but once I really got into the book I followed Harry as he not only begins a new life but as he grows to understand his new home as we see it through his eyes. As you read the book you will discover the real Harry the one he keeps hidden from the public eye, and the reason for this you will realise could bring terrible injustice upon him as in the times this book was written being the way he was sexually could mean him losing his life if the wrong person came upon his secret.
Harry was a weak character when we first meet him but as he soon realises strength can come from the weak and this was indeed a book based on Harry growing from a character who says yes to everything what is asked of him to finally standing up for what he believes in and especially to the person he falls deeply for.

A Place called Winter written by Patrick Gale is a book which I cannot recommend to all readers as some will love it while others just will find the story to slow to keep their interest. It was a book about hope against pain while love was a strong emotion and sometimes it takes a man to feel real love to provide him with a will to survive. This is one of those books you will either love or hate but one thing I will say once you read this book you will find hard to forget as the writing of Patrick Gale was so full of emotion it was impossible not to feel for the character of Harry and from the first moment I met him through the author's writing he was a character who had hidden strengths which had to be brought to the surface to allow him to survive.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2015 9:37 PM GMT

LEGO Elves 41074: Azari and the Magical Bakery
LEGO Elves 41074: Azari and the Magical Bakery

5.0 out of 5 stars little Elves come out to play ..., 24 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lego Elves 41074: Azari and the Magical Elves is not only a beautiful Lego set but one which is made with not only the excellence of Lego but the design is not only a Lego set which provides loads of fun with an added bonus it turns into a game as within the box is links to a great little app. I keep things like this to entertain a young niece when she comes to stay and she loved it, not only was it great fun playing with the actual Lego but with the accompanied App this Lego is constant entertainment throughout.
The actual Bakery was great fun to build and with the beautiful characters Lego really have developed a great Lego set which I do believe young girls would love to play with. The characters included have really been brought into the 21st Century which will be a source of joy for little girls and with this being a series of Lego sets.

The following is the list for the full series including the bakery one which I have reveiwed.
1. LEGO 41071 Elves Aira's Creative Workshop
2. LEGO Elves 41072: Naida's Spa Secret
3. LEGO Elves 41073: Naida's Epic Adventure Ship
4. LEGO Elves 41074: Azari and the Magical Bakery
5. LEGO Elves 41075: The Elves' Treetop Hideaway
6. LEGO Elves 41076: Farran and the Crystal Hollow

The Lego Elves 41074 is a great Lego play set for the little girls in your life - my niece loved everything about it which is a huge bonus for me.
I am happy to recommend Lego Elves 41074: Azari and the Magical Bakery to anyone who has little ones who love to play with Lego especially those who have kids who enjoy playing not only building Lego but also like to play games on their devices. Everything about this is not only fun to build but the beauty of it is the fun they can still have when they have built their very one magical bakery.

JML RadiClean - Flexible Multi-Purpose Radiator Duster
JML RadiClean - Flexible Multi-Purpose Radiator Duster

4.0 out of 5 stars cleans behind those nooks and crannies with ease..., 23 Mar. 2015
JML RadiClean - Flexible Multi-Purpose made by JML is a handy tool to remove the dreaded dust and dirt which seems to go like a strong magnet to the back of radiators or even around the edges of ceilings where cobwebs seem to be attracted too. It can be easily bent into various shapes to allow the user to dust tops of shelves which are positioned too high. The dust seems to be really attracted to the Radiclean and I also find it very easy to wipe clean without fuss or hassle.
The JML RadiClean is a great little tool which has so many uses for such a basic design. I am happy to recommend this to anyone who like myself who likes to clean behind furniture and radiators as well as those places you can see visually without any hassle.

Hair Angel Shine Angel 53 mm
Hair Angel Shine Angel 53 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars love using this brush..., 23 Mar. 2015
Hair Angel Shine 53mm is the perfect solution to those frizzy hair days when not even the most expensive product wants to even help me out! The Hair Angel is a blessing to use as it makes styling my hair so easy and I do not know how it does it but it takes me less time now to dry and style my hair.
When I first starting using the Hair Angel the first noticeable difference from using my previous hair styling brush is that with this brush the bristles actually grip the hair even when dry it still grips the hair so well I am able to dry my hair straight and now I am blessed with shinier hair tresses which now look and feel much healthier. I do believe this is because I am able to hold my hair straight while using the hair dryer on it, and gently blow dry it using the same direction a hair stylist would do.
I would hate to be without this brush, and even with my short layers the 53mm holds the hair and brushes all knots out with minimum fuss.
The Hair Angel Shine Angel 53mm is really a hair styling tool which brings hair styling quickly into even the most novices hair which includes me.
I am extremely happy to recommend the Hair Angel Shine Angel to anyone who has the frizziest of tresses as this will soon sort them out quickly and easily with minimum of fuss.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20