Profile for Petra just a girl who loves to read... > Reviews

Content by Petra just a g...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 166

Petra just a girl who loves to read... "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cetaphil 295 ml Restoraderm Skin Restoring Body Moisturiser
Cetaphil 295 ml Restoraderm Skin Restoring Body Moisturiser
Offered by RedTag Event

5.0 out of 5 stars cooling, moisturising cream with no added irratants.., 6 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Cetaphil 295ml Restoraderm Skin restoring cream is an excellent moisturising product which I find very nice to use as when applied to my skin I can massage it nicely into my skin very easily without any heavy residue left behind. I suffer badly from a skin condition which leaves me having to have regular medical treatment. I was not sure how this would react to my skin but after a small patch test, I was able to apply it liberally without any nasty reactions.
I have read the instructions and ingredient list thoroughly and it does state the cream can be applied on a child as young as three months which shows how pure this product is. I have actually now ordered this on a regular delivery using Amazon's subscribe and save I like this product so much I do not want to be without it. I love how the cream leaves my skin soft to the touch without any greasy residue, there is no overpowering smells or added perfumes which suits any delicate skin perfectly.
I am happy to recommend the Cetaphil 295ml Restoraderm Skin restoring cream to anyone who wants a moisturising cream which will leave your skin silky soft while removing any dreaded itch. I have used this also as an Aftersun as it cools my red hot skin immediately, I have also starting storing it in the fridge as it totally cools my skin immediately with an added coolness.

H2D Black Magicurl Grand Gloss Hair Curling Wand
H2D Black Magicurl Grand Gloss Hair Curling Wand

4.0 out of 5 stars culrling wand which certainly works..., 1 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
H2D Black Magicurl Grand Gloss Hair Curling is an excellent curling wand which works very well when it is used properly and with the proper length of hair plus the added bonus of a heat proof glove enclosed within the package really does help when styling your hair. It produces beautiful spiral curls for those who have the long hair to produce them as the hair really needs to be twisted/curled around the actual wand, this is where the heat proof glove comes in handy as this is needed to hold the hair in place. I do like the fact the wand works so well it only takes mere seconds for the wand to curl your hair therefore you do not have to hold on to the wand for any length of time.
I would prefer this to have actual heating settings, unfortunately it only has the on/off switch therefore when I got the required heat I had to turn it off as I do not like extreme heat as I simply find it uncomfortable. I would also have liked a heating pad to rest the wand on though this can easily be bought separately.
The actual packaging of the wand is nice as always when it comes to H2D products as this is one firm that really thinks of everything when it comes to marketing their top class products.
I personally would have liked a clip to hold unto the hair more securely attached to the wand as sometimes the extreme heat does radiate through the glove unto my hand, when this happens I simply turn it off as the heat does hold unto the wand for enough time for me to finish curling my hair.
This really does work and it does add a lovely glossy curl to your hair, though personally I would recommend only for long hair as this is made with this in mind. I find it works well and I would even use it on my roots to add a bit of extra volume to my hair without having to curl my hair which it is designed for.
This is a very nice wand which is designed to give you long lasting curls which it certainly does. I like the fact that it is packaged so well therefore it is a beautiful gift either to receive or even to give.
I would recommend the H2D Black Magicurl Grand Gloss Hair Curling Wand as it produces lovely glossy hair curls or even the most divine spiral curls which do last all day - if you have short hair I do not think this would really work for you and I would recommend other styling aids.
The reason I reduced one star of is mainly because it does not switch automatically when a certain temperature is reached plus the fact there is only an on/off switch - personally I would have preferred separate heating temperatures for different styles.

Sick On You: The Disastrous Story of Britain's Great Lost Punk Band
Sick On You: The Disastrous Story of Britain's Great Lost Punk Band
by Andrew Matheson

4.0 out of 5 stars eye openly funny.., 1 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sick on You: The Disastrous Story of Britain's Great lost Punk Band is one very eye opening book which certainly brought the 1970's to life which not only told the story of supposedly Britain's lost Punk band. I liked the book as it was funny throughout and brought the music business through the Seventies to life. Andrew Matheson has clearly a gift for the written word plus he knows what a reader likes which makes this book a very good read.
The book is constantly entertaining and along with totally unforgettable characters this is one book I am happy to recommend to other readers especially those who have an interest in the music business.

Eylure Firm Brow Pencil, Mid Brown
Eylure Firm Brow Pencil, Mid Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars natural looking brows.., 1 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Eyelure Firm Brow Pencil is a very handy brow pencil which helps me to have thicker healthy eye brows once again, which for an added bonus seems to be very much in fashion at the present time.
Why I like this particular pencil for one main reason the actual pencil is enriched with Rosemary Oil, Vitamin E and RepHair which when used together not only helps your eyebrows look good but the special conditioners including the RepHair which comes from the Rain forest actual repairs and nourishes the hair shaft and promotes new hair growth. Using the eyebrow pencil regularly will help new growth appear on your eye brows which will help people like myself that have straggly eye brows. I also like using this actual pencil mainly because I can slowly build up the colour until I have the 'look' I require.
I like the fact that this is a 'Firm' brow pencil as I am able to draw a more natural looking brow as I am able to lightly stroke a line on or use it more firmly to put a harder thicker line. The actual pencil does not break when pressed which is another bonus. this pencil is also waterproof therefore no smudging of the pencil when I sweat naturally or even when being caught out in the rain. I also find this brow pencil easy to remove when I use either eye make up remover or Decleor Aroma Cleanse Micellar Oil 150ml-Decleor Aroma Cleanse Soothing Micellar Water for Sensitive Skin - 200 ml
I am happy to recommend Eylure Firm Brow Pencil, mid brown as not only does it look good but also helps condition my eyebrows.

Shadow Cat
Shadow Cat
by Gillian Cross

4.0 out of 5 stars the wild cat which brought two children together.., 30 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Shadow Cat (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Shadow Cat written by Gillian Cross for me and the young ones a great read which any age would enjoy, and as always with Gillian Cross's work there was a lesson to learn throughout. The two main characters are two children, they are brought together in unusual circumstances though they have one love and that is their love of cats. Mix in a mother who suddenly dyes her hair green but there is a story behind it which really opened up the illness which can rule so many families and that is Bipolar.
This is a great little read which will suit older children, plus it might help them understand a bit more of what some children have to go through on a daily business.

Young Houdini: The Demon Curse (Young Houdini 2)
Young Houdini: The Demon Curse (Young Houdini 2)
by Simon Nicholson

3.0 out of 5 stars The curse is powerful within this books pages.., 30 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Young Houdini The Demon Curse written by Simon Nicholson for me was quite a good read, the writing as always from Simon Nicholson was good but for me the earlier book in the series was a better read. This book is based once again on Harry and his friends as they have been smuggled out of New York and now in New Orleans. There is major hardship in New Orleans and for Harry this is a new adventure.
The actual book was quite good but very far fetched, and though other readers will say this is expected due to the subject but for me the author has to consider it's audience and in this household this was two young boys.
Harry once again has a magnificent adventure which will entertain the younger generation but for the older reader I felt it was too unbelievable for me to accept the characters.
Young Houdini written by Simon Nicholson is quite a good read which the young ones enjoyed as the story was very exaggerated.

The Apple of Her Eye (Unabridged)
The Apple of Her Eye (Unabridged)
Offered by Audible Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The Apple of her Eye... April will grow.., 28 Jun. 2015
The Apple of Her Eye written by Pamela Evans for me was a brilliant storyline which I loved from the first page. April was the main character and as I followed her heart wrenching story I was soon involved in the lives of her and her courageous family. The book first opens prior to the end of the Second World War and there is rumours the war is coming to an end though Hitler has not quite given up quite yet as he sends over his famous 'flying bombs'.
April is a lovely young girl and as she waits for her fiancée to return home from war she is happily getting on with her life until tragedy hits her in the most unexpected way. Though April is the main character within this read her family all have starring roles, plus of course her beloved Ronnie and the very good looking George Benson who has returned from sea.
Why I loved this book so much was mainly because the author based the main storyline after the war when Great Britain is coming to terms with the war being over, the troops are arriving home to a country which has changed so much because of the war, April always looked on the good side of people and when her boyfriend returns she soon realises how badly effected he is because of his experiences during the war. The book opens up so much about how hard the generation which lived through the war expecting their troubles to be over yet they still had so much to live through before they could fully enjoy the Great Britain, Churchill promised them they eventually would have when the war was won. April has a lot of growing to do but not only will April be doing the growing she soon realises she has a gift for growing produce and through this gift she will go on a personal journey of her own unlike anything she has ever experienced before.

The Apple of her Eye written by Pamela Evans is an excellent read which I thoroughly enjoyed and if you enjoy books filled with characters who filled the pages with their personalities, and story-lines which not only entertain but bring you on a journey back in time when history was being made this certainly is the book for you.

The Truth According to Us
The Truth According to Us
by Annie Barrows

4.0 out of 5 stars meet Macedonia and it's many inhabitants.., 27 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Truth According to Us written by Annie Barrows for me was a good read which soon had me involved within the goings on of the town of Macedonia and its inhabitants. I liked how the author used each of the characters and as we are narrated their own views of the past of Macedonia it made this read so much more than the usual novel based on small town America while each of the characters see the histories through their own unique eyes. The beginning of the book is slow and for me I was not sure whether it was going to be the book for me but once the story really began I was soon involved in the lives of the character especially Layla.
Layla is a vibrant character who I immediately liked from when we first meet her through her letters begging her father for another chance. The Truth According to Us is a great book which I did enjoy mainly because of the town of Macedonia as we finally get to know the bones which holds the town together.

Rimmel London Kate Lipstick Summer - Pink Rose
Rimmel London Kate Lipstick Summer - Pink Rose

4.0 out of 5 stars colourful coverage for your luscious lips..., 26 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Rimmel London Kate Lipstick Summer is an excellent lipstick which I found easy to apply without any dragging of my lips. For the price asked this is a very good coverage over my lips which was a matt cover when applied. The colour was a very fashionable coral cover and for me personally I was very happy with the application.
The one thing I was rather disappointed in was the actual packaging as it was rather bland. The actual product is first class and it provides everything a good lipstick is famous for and that is making lips look healthy and colourful and I also love the actual texture of the lipstick which makes it very easy for me to recommend. The pigmentation is first class which provides great coverage, I will say it does provide a great coverage though it does need quite a few re-applications throughout the day.

WD-40 400ml Specialist Motorbike Chain Lube
WD-40 400ml Specialist Motorbike Chain Lube
Offered by ONE SAFE SOURCE

4.0 out of 5 stars no ordinary WD-40 oil this one has extra benefits...., 22 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
WD-40 400ml Specialist Motorbike Chain lubrication is an excellent spray oil which not only has oiled the chains of the children's push bikes but also the partner's motorbike has been treated to a good oiling which according says this is the best oil lubrication he has ever used and will continue to purchase this as it has worked so well. He says it takes less of this product and he says the actual lubrication lasts longer as he does not have to keep topping up the actual oil on the main chain. I have to admit I know absolutely nothing about motor bikes but he is happy with the product.
I actually have used it to oil the main gate which has been creaking lately; the oil came out slightly thicker than the usual WD-40 I have used in the past. Once again I have noticed a quick spray of this seems to soak into the actual joint of the gate and immediately the creaking was lessened and the gate is not opening without any hesitation. It does take this actual product a bit of extra time to dry sufficiently, for me this is only a slight presentation.
I do like the fact that the actual can is easy to use and direct the oil spray directly at the area where I wanted lubricated plus the fact the manufacturer has put a small ball like object which will help to keep the thicker oil at such a consistency that it should not block the actual sprayer.
This is an excellent buy for one main reason that can is so big it will last this household a long period of time as it takes such a little amount to allow the necessary lubrication.

I am happy to recommend WD-40 400ml Specialist motorbike chain lubrication to anyone who want a better quality of oil.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20