Profile for Petra "I love to read" > Reviews

Content by Petra "I l...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 178

Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Spotify Connect
Spotify Connect

5.0 out of 5 stars music where-ever I go..., 6 May 2015
This review is from: Spotify Connect (App)
Spotify Connect for me is a great app for my musical needs, I love how it can be activated for separate devices. Personally I love how I can have my choice of music were and when I want and with the added bonus of being able to choose whatever device I want to use for my music. I have the Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (Black) and this has an app which allows me to use Spotify producing first class sounds. I am also able to use my Fire TV Stick for my music etc. Though I do believe to use the Fire stick you will have to have the paid service Spotify provides.
If you love music you will certainly love Spotify, they provide the best library of sounds which makes it very simple for me to recommend Spotify Connect as a First class music provider.

TRESemmé Perfectly Undone Sea Salt Spray 200 ml
TRESemmé Perfectly Undone Sea Salt Spray 200 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars tousled wavy hair ....., 5 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Tresemme perfectly Undone Sea Salt Spray is an excellent product which will create the tousled look which a lot of people like today. I have to admit my hair is as straight as a ruler, not even a kink and when this was offered I hoped to have the messy look which is so fashionable today. I found this easily to use on my hair which firstly I have to admit I did use a volumiser which personally I cannot do without as my hair would just sit flat on my scalp. The Tresemme has as always a lovely scent which is one reason I do like to use Tresemme product and with a quick spray with this my hair was easily styled with my fingers as I blow-dried it and I liked the messy look which for a casual look was what I wanted.
This is one excellent product and for the price asked is a pure bargain for a first class product, I have paid three times this price for another product of the same description but a different manufacturer. I could see no difference on the outcome of my hair and for me personally I know I will be returning for more. This is a great product for anyone who is holidaying abroad as this will give a lovely tousled look while sunbathing and with the sea kelp this will help protect your hair from the damaging rays of the sun.
The one main reason I like to use this product is mainly because it does not leave my hair feeling dry and brittle, my hair is as soft and glossy as usual with the added bonus of a nice tousled look which I do like plus the fact no added straighteners have to be used or any other styling device, for me it was a simple blow dry and I was happy with the outcome.
Tresemme Perfectly Undone Sea Salt spray is the perfect product for those who like to look relaxed and ready for the road in super quick time!

Secrets of the Singer Girls
Secrets of the Singer Girls
by Kate Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars a brillaint read which left me wanting more...., 5 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Secrets of the Singer Girls written by the very talented Kate Thompson for me was a brilliant read which I thoroughly enjoyed from page one when I was introduced to the first main character Poppy Percival when the poor girl has arrived in London after living her whole life in the countryside.
The book is based on historical facts and I loved how the author brought these into this wonderful work of fiction where the Second World War was brought alive through wonderful writing which really showed me the true grit and determination of the women from the East End of London through this time.
The Singer Girls are very well known through the Second World War so called in reference to the Singer Sewing machines which they used stitching uniforms, bandages etc. in aid of the war effort. I loved this book mainly because of the vibrant characters which the author used to show not only the hardships of war time Britain but also the hardships which the women lived through yet still faced each day with a soul of iron.
If you want a book filled with unforgettable scenes which will keep you reading until the last page is reached, for me personally I loved it so much I wanted more as not only was the writing excellent but for me what made it special was how the historical facts were laced throughout this book which was full of vibrant characters who were unforgettable just like this wonderful book.

We Are All Made of Molecules
We Are All Made of Molecules
by Susin Nielsen

4.0 out of 5 stars Susan Nielsen has a full understanding of teenagers and their many problems, 5 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We Are All made of Molecules written by Susin Nielsen for me was a great read and which made it extra special my fourteen year old nephew enjoyed it as much as I did!
There is two main characters Ashley and Stewart who are as different as chalk and cheese yet what connected them was something which other young people will certainly relate too.
I will not spoil this excellent book for other readers but one thing I will say young and the not-so-young will enjoy this book for one main reason the author has a full understanding what difficulties face young people in todays modern world.

Field Punishment No.1 [DVD]
Field Punishment No.1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fraser Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars a tale of injustice and pure cruelty..., 3 May 2015
This review is from: Field Punishment No.1 [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Field Punishment for me was a film which I would highly recommend to anyone who has an interest in era surrounding the First World War. This was based on a true story of how those men from New Zealand who did not want to serve as a soldier. The actual story was harrowing and the actual violence which the men were shown was horrible yet at times I understood how the other soldiers felt.
From the first moment as a viewer you are immediately brought into the main storyline as a man is found unconscious and then as we are told the story of the actual suffering for one of the main character Archibald Baxter and not by the enemy but from those who were from his own country.
The frustrations of the other men who were trying their best to make Baxter and the other men were the uniform and fight with them were shown fully and yes I could understand those frustrations but their treatment of those men who did not believe in killing another human being was cruel and so unnecessary.
This is a tale of injustice and more than that it showed the true history of the unfortunate few and for me the true history which was shown through this film had to be told and for this alone I am happy to recommend Field Punishment as a very watchable film which had a message to deliver and this was done wholeheartedly.

Game Changer
Game Changer
by Tim Bowler

4.0 out of 5 stars a great read.., 2 May 2015
This review is from: Game Changer (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Game Changer written by Tim Bowler for me was a good read not only was it written well but it brought the life of the main character to the reader as not only in a physical sense but the writing was so good I could feel the tension which filled the body of the main character Mikey. His fear was real to me as not only did the author show Mikey's fear through vivid writing but the storytelling brought Mikey's own experiences straight to me.
The subject within the storylines was hard to accept and for Mikey his fear of the unknown as well as the known was a physical pain which I could understand as the writing was so good.
This is one thriller I am happy to recommend to other readers of modern day fiction.

Vienna Tales
Vienna Tales
by Helen Constantine

4.0 out of 5 stars look at Vienna through words..., 2 May 2015
This review is from: Vienna Tales (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Vienna Tales written by Helen Constantine is a lovely book for those who either love Vienna or for those who want to get to know Vienna. I liked this book mainly because it brought a city alive through different authors own unique eyes for me this was a pleasure as I was able to see Vienna through their eyes and of course each story was as unique as each of the authors.
Vienna Tales is a short read which I loved and for this reason alone I am happy to recommend to other readers who love Vienna's culture as well as its history.

Winnie the Bold! (Winnie the Witch)
Winnie the Bold! (Winnie the Witch)
by Laura Owen

5.0 out of 5 stars Winnie the witch returns.., 2 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Winnie the Bold written by Laura Owen and Korky Paul is an excellent book which I have to say my young nieces absolutely love from beginning to end, not only for the great writing this great little book is fantastically filled with great little illustrations which the kids loved and they had a wonderful time going through it on their own making their own little stories as they went along.
This is a series of books written with Winnie the witch as the main character and with each one of them I do believe they improve as do the children, and for them now this is the go to book when time is precious and only a story will do.
The book contains three short stories which makes this a great little book to have for a bedtime treat.
I am happy to recommend Winnie the Bold as a great read for little ones and those who love Winnie the witch and her many adventures.

TONI&GUY  Casual Sculpting Powder 1 g
TONI&GUY Casual Sculpting Powder 1 g

3.0 out of 5 stars sculpt your hair with powder quickly and easily..., 30 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Toni & Guy Casual Sculpting Powder is a product which I do not think I will be purchasing in the very near future for one reason alone I hated how it made my hair feel dirty!! I do believe for anyone to like this they must not mind how it leaves the coarseness feeling to the hair which for me I am certainly not a fan.
The actual container reminded me of a small pepper pot and it had the twist top with holes on one side therefore it only takes a slight twist to close and open.
I will say it did make my hair look and feel thicker, and even using my brush there was certainly a thicker texture to my hair. I would recommend start with a very small sprinkling and build the amount you use gradually until your hair is how you want it.
Toni & Guy Casual Sculpting Powder is a handy product to have to add texture and volume to the roots as it really adds a build up to the roots which makes the hair sit up from the scalp. One thing I do like about this product is it is very handy to have if you have slept in or you do not have time to wash and style your hair as the powder will absorb any greasy residue on your hair therefore it is very handy as a dry shampoo. The actual tub is so small, I would recommend you to carry when out and about or if you want to go out after work as it really helps to add or boost your style without actually washing your hair fresh which will take up valuable time washing, drying and styling.
For me personally I would not go out and buy this mainly because I do not like how it makes my hair feel, but if you do not mind this it is a product which does what it says as it certainly will help you sculpt your hair to the style you require quickly and easily especially if you like to use your fingers to style your hair quickly and easily.

Toni And Guy Glamour 3D Volumiser 150ml
Toni And Guy Glamour 3D Volumiser 150ml
Offered by Solretail LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars shine and volume for styling dry hair only...., 30 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Toni and Guy Glamour 3D Volumiser is a great hair product which is the ideal item to have when your hair needs a restyle or even a boost throughout the day. I like the fact it can be used on dry hair but for me personally I did not like how it made my hair feel compared to other products I have used regularly made by Tony and Guy.
Toni & Guy also make Label M products which I am a huge fan of, I know this is only a small part of their hair products. Though I do believe it is only the Toni part of this partnership which make the Label M Products. I thought when I seen they had used their expertise to make the Glamour part of their franchise plus it is actually Unilever which manufacture this product I was quite happy that it was Toni and Guy partnership which designed the actual product. The reason I love Label M products though slightly more expensive the quality of the products is pure luxury and makes my hair feeling and looking like I just left the salon. When I seen this cheaper alternative I thought I would get much of the same but I could clearly see the difference in the volumiser which I purchase from the Label M range though I will say this is a great product which brought a lovely shine to my hair but for me it was the texture of my hair which let it down. Label M volumiser leaves my hair feeling soft and full without any hardness but with this one my hair did not feel anything like this and for that reason alone I reduced one star.
One thing I will say I love the smell - for me it smells so fresh and clean and with the added bonus the shine it leaves on my hair makes my hair so healthy looking. This is not something I would use every day when styling my hair, but for those times when you need your hair looking full and shiny this is an excellent hair styling product.
Toni and Guy Glamour 3D Volumiser is a hair product which you will grow to love and for the price asked it really is worth buying.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20