Profile for Petra "I love to read" > Reviews

Content by Petra "I l...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 161
Helpful Votes: 2065

Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Other Girl
The Other Girl
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars short but very good.., 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Other Girl (Kindle Edition)
The Other Girl written by Pam Jenoff for me was a good read and one I am very happy to recommend to other readers of historical fiction. The main character was Maria a young married woman whose new husband has been sent to war as the year is 1940 and the story is based in Biekowice in Poland. Maria lives near a train station in her husband's families home and even though this was a very short read nothing was missed of how Maria passes lives her life unhappily in the home of her husband's family. Her marriage is clearly not a happy one but for this short read the marriage is not important.
This is Maria's own story of how she helped a young Jewish girl in need and how it came about. I do hope this is the beginning of another book as I want to know what becomes of Maria and her Uncle who helps her and is clearly hiding a huge secret which I know will change Maria personally and of course I want to know what does become of Hannah the Jewish girl who shows so much courage as she fled the Germans knowing she would rather live rough than return to her own home.
This short read did take me less than 20 minutes - but for me I loved this little read as the story did not slack at any time and I was constantly entertained throughout.
The Other Girl written by Pam Jenoff is a good read and one I am happy to recommend to any readers of historical fiction especially for those who want to pass a short time in the best way possible - engrossed in a new character's life.

Kipling Women's Beonica TT Handbag K12437B78 Black Pearl W
Kipling Women's Beonica TT Handbag K12437B78 Black Pearl W
Price: 66.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Kipling the perfect bag makers..., 30 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Kipling Women's Beonica TT handbag for me is the perfect bag, not only is it up-to date regarding fashion sense but also with practicality it is the perfect bag. I have been a collector of Kipling bags and purses for a few years and never have I been disappointed with not only how they look but they last well - plus the added bonus which means any spillages can be easily cleaned without leaving any stain whatsoever.
I also love how I can flatten them for easy storage, which for me is perfect. Kipling have a wonderful way of keeping up with current trends plus giving their customers a bag which can take daily abuse without looking worn or tired.

My last Kipling bag had two separate sections when I opened up the main zip but with this bag there is no dividing section, which means larger items can be stored within the bag. As usual there are a few hidden sections which can be used to store mobile phone, pens, make up etc. securely and within easy reach. My main love for this bag is the white inside material which makes finding anything quicker. I am one of those women who carry everything around especially when going to hospital etc. This is the main reason I love Kipling bags as the makers seem to know what today's women need and want in a bag which makes me a customer who returns to them all the time.
The checked detailed pattern is bright and eye catching and this makes this bag very easy to recommend to other customers who not only wants a bag which looks good plus up to date in today's fashion conscious world, include practicality. I love the checked design which is very eye-catching in the front of the bag, when I seen it first I thought it was a checked design printed on the actual material. Of course Kipling always goes the extra mile when making their products and with this checked design the makers have actually used ribbons of the famous Kipling material coloured black and white and weaved them through achieving the checked square design which has added an extra dimension to the design of the handbag.

I am happy to recommend the Kipling Women's Beonica TT Handbag to any woman who not only wants a bag which carries all our needs but one which is designed beautifully - it truly is a bag which is practical while looking trendy at the same time.

Philips 5W (50W) GU10 Master LED Value Spot Light, Warm White 3000K, Dimmable
Philips 5W (50W) GU10 Master LED Value Spot Light, Warm White 3000K, Dimmable
Price: 14.59

5.0 out of 5 stars love the Philips bulbs.., 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Philips 5W which is the equivalent to a normal 50 W bulb, and for me Philips always produce first class light bulbs whether or not they are LED or even the old fashioned spot lights. The actual light was easy to fit and I had no difficulty at all. I also like the fact that these bulbs can be dimmed in the correct fitting which makes these particular one perfect for the living room, bedroom etc.
I actually would pay the extra money for the Philips light bulb for the simple fact they last long past the cheaper variety and plus the fact the light omitted is first class.
With the Philips make of light bulbs it is the fact of you pay for what you get and with this make I know I will have a good light from my lights for a long time to come.

TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White
TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight, White
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars warm white glow.., 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
TCP LED GU10 5 Watt LED Spotlight is a good bulb which so far has not let us down, it produces a warm glow rather than the usual bright white light it replaced. I put this bulb in the kitchen as it is non dimming with the added bonus it does not heat up like other LED bulbs I have purchased. This is a great little bulb at a great price which I am happy to recommend to other users of LED bulbs.

Melissa & Doug Bella Butterfly Bubble Blower
Melissa & Doug Bella Butterfly Bubble Blower
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars blowing bubbles everywhere..., 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Melissa & Doug Bella Butterfly Bubble Blower is a great toy for those little girls who have a love for everything pink in their lives plus the added bonus of having a very beautiful butterfly as the main decoration. It was a great toy to entertain my little niece the only complaint I had was due to the fact the small tray which holds the bubbles is very shallow and mix that with an excited three year old equalled a lot of wet patches on the floor. The spillages were soon cleaned up and play soon resumed which ended up in the front garden and I can honestly say a lot of fun was enjoyed which made this beautiful toy the perfect addition to the play-box in this household.
The Melissa & Doug Bella Butterfly Bubble Blower is a great toy and one which my niece enjoyed, this is very easy to recommend but I would say have a deeper container for the bubble solution as it will save you a lot of hassle later on.

All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See
by Anthony Doerr
Price: 11.89

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected., 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
All the Light We Cannot See written by Anthony Doerr for me was quite a good read based on two characters who lived in the same era through a time in history who changed the world in so many ways, but yet seen a different war through their own eyes.
The writing of the book was very descriptive but for me I was constantly getting lost within the story-line mainly because of the very short chapters and with the different time frames also changing at times I had to go back to read chapters a few times until I fully understood what was happening with the two main characters and those closest to them.
Marie Clare was a young French girl who lost her eye-sight over a short period of time; she was a character who was rich in detail and along with her father who worked in a museum who was a very talented locksmith.
The other main character was a young German lad who had a talent for anything to do with radios and this was the characters for me who made the book interesting.
The author has a great gift of bringing characters alive along with their surroundings, but for me I was lost with the constant descriptive writing which did not quite ruin the book for me but just left reading the book a bit of a chore.
I feel this is not a book I could recommend to everyone but it is up to what a reader likes within a book, and what I may not like about this book could be another reader idea for a perfect read.

Melissa & Doug Create-A-Craft Car and Train Bundle
Melissa & Doug Create-A-Craft Car and Train Bundle
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun.., 27 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Melissa & Doug Create-A-Craft Car and Train Bundle for the kids was a good choice as they liked the fact that they could actually help to build a train and racing car. Both items are provided with stickers and vibrant coloured paints which I have to admit did provide a bit of mess but the kids enjoyed themselves and as far as I was concerned that was all the mattered.
The paints were very easy cleaned up and left no stain either on the floor or table.
The kids did need a bit of help but as far as they were concerned they built them and it give them a sense of pride.
I cannot fault these at all and therefore I am happy to recommend for other children who like to build especially for those aged five and over.

Melissa & Doug Chalk and Eraser Bundle (White)
Melissa & Doug Chalk and Eraser Bundle (White)
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars for those little scholars in your life.., 27 Aug 2014
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Melissa & Doug Chalk and Eraser Bundle for our boys was a good set of chalk which both boys have enjoyed using on their black board. Both boys enjoyed using the coloured chalk which did colours did stand out well when used on the black board. The eraser is a small one which is made of a felt material which I did find cleaned the board quickly. The two boxes of chalk plus eraser came packaged in clear plastic which I was a bit disappointed in as I thought a little coloured box would have made them stand out more.
For the price asked this a good set of chalk though the actual sticks are rather thin therefore I am not expecting them to last long.(especially with our two)

The Good Priest: A Father Vincent Ross Mystery (Father Vincent Ross Mystery 1)
The Good Priest: A Father Vincent Ross Mystery (Father Vincent Ross Mystery 1)
by Gillian Galbraith
Price: 12.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but it lacked something.., 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Good Priest written by Gillian Galbraith was quite a good read but for me there was something missing which would have made it a good read.
I liked the beginning of the read and I liked the main character - Father Vincent Ross and it was clear he was not quite happy with his lot but yet his love for the church was still there. When a man is found dead in a pool of blood not forgetting hearing something from an unknown person in the confessional - for me the book really had a good basis for a good read but for me personally this read had something missing.

The Greatest Love Story of All Time
The Greatest Love Story of All Time
by Lucy Robinson
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars fab read.., 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Greatest Love Story of All Time written by Lucy Robinson for me was a great fun read with brilliant colourful characters which had me laughing out loud from beginning to end.
Fran as the main character was first class as she went from one mad episode in her life to the next, creating havoc everywhere she went which at one stage even included a war zone she was creating mad laugh out episodes with her crazy humour and caring heart.
When we first meet Fran she is dealing with a broken heart and dealing with it the only way she could imagine and that is hidden away from the world - that is until her friends really could not leave her sitting in her own feelings of self-pity. As Fran starts to remember what brought her down to living in pure neglect and self pity I was soon involved in her many ups and downs as she makes major blunders along the way. The author has a certain knack of bringing comedy into those times when I did not know whether or not to feel sorry for Fran as she stalks the man she loves - I have to admit I was thanking God I had not got a friend like Fran as I honestly would not have a clue how to deal with her but I know one thing no life would be quiet with having her in their lives. I bet there is a few people thinking the same. I loved this book for one main reason Fran had me laughing out loud and if you want something to cheer yourself up this is the book for you. The writing is fantastic and Lucy Robinson has not only for a gift for bringing storytelling to life with brilliant writing but her comedy timing is spot on. I know one thing if I ever see Lucy Robinson is ever giving a live comedy show I would want to be in the front row as she knows how to get those laughs deep from the bottom of one's stomach.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20