Profile for Petra "I love to read" > Reviews

Content by Petra "I l...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 161

Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Strange Glory: A life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Strange Glory: A life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
by Charles Marsh

4.0 out of 5 stars A man who not only served God but his people who he dearly loved..., 23 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Strange Glory: A Life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer written by Charles Marsh for me was a fascinating read based on one man who had so much bravery and goodness within him - his love of God clearly shone through him. I found the book fascinating as I read his dealings with the Gestapo as he tried to save those lives that the followers of Hitler were quick to condemn. If you have a true love of history and especially that love reaches those who not only served the church but knew when he seen evil it had to be defeated.
In a way this book was one of tragedy but for me it was true bravery and I know I will return to this book as I not only found Dietrich Bonhoeffer to be one man who was a true disciple of God.
I am happy to recommend Strange Glory: A Life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer written by Charles Marsh as not only a book which is richly written but for me it was a book where I had to shut myself away from everyone as this was one book based on Second World War history I wanted to total digest and fully follow the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer who was totally a man of not only God but who was filled to the brim with true bravery and courage against evil.

Stand Beside Me
Stand Beside Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Stand beside Daniel with this wonderful gift of music...., 22 Nov 2014
This review is from: Stand Beside Me (Audio CD)
Stand Beside Me is a great CD and DVD set which is packed to capacity with beautiful songs which are brought to us once again by this very talented singer accompanied by his very talented friends, of course Mary Duff puts in an appearance and personally for me I love how Daniel and Mary perform their music together as they have a great connection and their warm personalities seem to connect in such a special way they always have me smiling when I hear them performing a duet together.
First of all the DVD is a filming by the BBC of one of his concerts by the same name Stand Beside Me and I loved it from beginning to end, this DVD is filmed at the exact concert and it lasts well over two hours which I think is wonderful value for money. Daniel O'Donnell is a great singer and his wonderful, warm personality shines through his songs. He is a great character and how he works with the audience is a joy to see. There are songs to suit all lovers of separate genres of music and I was soon tapping my foot enjoying every song which he has sung with his wonderful gift of bringing songs to life and not forgetting his jokes are plenty throughout this great show which he has produced.
Stand Beside Me is a great set of music which is full to capacity of wonderful songs, what makes this extra special there are two CDs of his music and with an added bonus of the DVD this is a wonderful gift for anyone who loves Daniel O'Donnell the favourite "mammy's boy" from Ireland.

Till We Meet Again: A Bamforth Gift Book of WW1 Postcard Images (Bamforth Gift Books)
by Bamforth & Co

5.0 out of 5 stars a poignant look at postcards sent to loved ones during the First World War.., 21 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Till We Meet Again: A Bamforth Gift Book of WW1 Postcard Images produced by Bamforth & Co is a lovely little book which I love, for one main reason I have an avid interest in the First and Second World War. These post-cards brought to me how these little cards held so much thought and emotion within them and those that received them whether they were the soldiers at the front or the families at home. For me personally this is a sentimental album which contains copies of actual postcards which were sent to those at home or at war and though there is no written material within it, the postcards themselves speak a thousand words.
I am happy to recommend Till We Meet Again: A Bamforth Gift Book of WW1 Postcard Images produced by Bamforth & Co to anyone who has an interest in the First World War.

Amazon Protective Leather Cover for Kindle (7th Generation), Black - will not fit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage or previous generation Kindle devices

5.0 out of 5 stars kindle cover for your 7th generation kindle...2014 models.., 20 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Amazon Protective Leather Cover for Kindle is a good fitting cover for your seventh generation kindle. I found the cover to be easily accessed using my Kindle 7th generation and also I found it very slim and light which is great when I am out and about and want to take my kindle with me.
The cover is made from leather which I find easy to keep clean and I like the fact that no smudges are visible on the cover. At the time of posting this review it is advertised at a good price and with the fact of the cover being made from Leather makes this a very economical cover which will last well.
The one main thing I do like about this cover is that it has an automatic sleep and turn on feature by simply opening and closing the cover.
I like this cover and find it easy to keep clean and I like how it does not add much weight to my own kindle.

ANF Canine Lamb & Rice Adult, 3kg
ANF Canine Lamb & Rice Adult, 3kg

4.0 out of 5 stars good feeding for your pooch.., 20 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
ANF Canine Lamb & Rice Adult dog is a kibble which I am happy to recommend to any owner of dogs which you want to feed them a dry dog kibble for the sake of their teeth but yet want your dog to enjoy eating their food.
I have two dogs which I have to admit they are fussy when it comes to their food plus add in a delicate stomach and I have to be very particular what I feed them.
There is a smell of the food but not overly so, the scent must be pleasing to our canine friends as the moment I open the bag and put the food in the dish my dogs are soon getting excited for they know they are getting fed. I do like this food for one main reason it has not upset them in anyway which make my life more pleasant especially when it comes to cleaning up after the two dogs.
I am happy to recommend the ANF Canine Lamb & Rice Adult Kibble which is produced by Kodo Inc. as a good kibble which is both pleasing to the dogs and pleasing to me as their owner.

BURBERRY for Men Eau de Toilette 30 ml
BURBERRY for Men Eau de Toilette 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful warm rich scent..., 20 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Burberry for Men Eau de Toilette is a lovely warm scent which is well described by the makers. I love the richness of the scent of this particular aftershave and when it is used I can honestly say it leaves a certain scent behind. Burberry would be the aftershave I would always go to for my father as I know he loves it and has had many from their past aftershaves on his shelf. He uses it sparingly as I would describe it as a more stronger scent, but for me this is a good thing as it takes very little of the actual scent to give Dad the scent coverage he desires.
For me I would describe it as a warm, rich scent though immediately you would know it is one from the better end of the market. The bottle I received is small but as so little is used it will last a longer period of time. I thought with this being Eau de Toilette it would be a weaker scent compared to other scents I have smelled but I can honestly say the scent is strong therefore it would need to be used lightly, a small spray goes a long way.
This is a perfect gift for the man in your life and as it smells so nice I am sure you will benefit from it also.
I am happy to recommend Burberry for Men Eau de Toilette as a lovely smelling fragrance for the man in your life.
I am happy to recommend Burberry for Men Eau e

Rooms
Rooms
by Lauren Oliver

3.0 out of 5 stars Ghosts with no fear..., 19 Nov 2014
This review is from: Rooms (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Rooms written by Lauren Oliver for me was an OK read but for me I so wanted so much more when it came to the suspense and tension. It was like for me personally one of those cartoons you see on television which is like a "pretend ghost story". I found it more to be the family which moved in where taking over as the main characters, yet I wanted to know more about the ghosts and their backgrounds.
It was quite a good read, but for me personally I wanted more action and I am disappointed to say I think I will have to look elsewhere for it.

EC Technology® 6000mAh Ultra Compact Design External Battery Power Bank(5V/2.1A) Charger For iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, Moto X, PS Vita, Gopro, Most Smartphones, Tablets - Black
Offered by EC Technology UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars sleek and powerful..., 18 Nov 2014
Ec Technology 6000mAh Ultra Compact Design External Battery Power is a great charger which I am happy to recommend to other customers who want a handy charger which is capable of fully charging their smart phone with energy to spare. I was able to fully charge my Moto G Smart Phone fully within a short amount of time plus I had enough charge to partly charge my Kindle Fire HD which I was very surprised I was able to do so.
Why I liked this particular model of batter power charger is I am able to carry it around in my handbag without taking up too much room as it is a very slim, sleek circular tube model with the added bonus of a very bright LED torch which has proven itself so many times.
I will admit I was already a fan of EC Technology products as I have always found them very useful to have plus they always deliver great power and speed when charging up my many devices.
I always keep this charger fully charged up which is easy to do using the USB cable provided, I can also charge it using my Kindle charger Amazon PowerFast Charger for Accelerated Charging, UK (compatible with all Amazon Devices). The manufacturer has developed an excellent charger which is made of a good robust material, this is perfect for those travelling this would be an excellent charger as it is sturdy and would stand a good bit of robust e.g. in a suitcase etc.
I am happy to recommend the EC Technology 6000mAH Ultra Compact Design External Battery Power Bank for any device which is able to use a USB cable for charging, this can easy be changed to suit your own model. For me personally the cable supplied fits all of my devices which needs charged this includes Samsung, Moto G, Kindle and Apple. This is a great all rounder ultra compact model which will suit many customers. There is also a similar model made by the same compact which comes in sleek, wonderful fashionable colours EC Technology® 6000mAh Ultra Compact Design External Battery Power Bank (5V/2.1A) Charger For iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 4 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Most Smartphones, Tablets - Blue.

I received the EC Technology 6000mAh Ultra Compact Design from EC Technology in exchange for an honest and frank review which this is.

Supa-Fix APX4 Ultra Strength Adhesive and Reinforcing Filling Powders
Supa-Fix APX4 Ultra Strength Adhesive and Reinforcing Filling Powders

5.0 out of 5 stars glue which works where-ever it is needed...., 18 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Supa-Fix APX4 ultra Strength Adhesive and Reinforcing Filling Powders is one very impressive glue which I have to admit works a lot better than I first give it credit for. I have to admit I thought it was going to be a new "super glue" but I will hold my hand up and say I was so wrong. We had a rather silly accident with an ornament which I loved as it had very strong sentimental attachment. I could not display it as it had been knocked off a shelf and the stem which held part of it was broken but unfortunately a piece of it was impossible to save, therefore I thought this was one ornament which was going to remain in the drawer as i refused to dispose of it as it belonged to someone who had recently passed away.
I decided to give this a go and I am so glad I did, there was a small gap which I could fill with the powder then with a small drip of the glue which I have to say has a very strong smell. I was able to fix my ornament and with a quick dab with a couple of paints I had in the house, the ornament now sits proudly where it belongs. I was so impressed I tried this on a piece of guttering at the back of the house, I thought maybe I was asking too much of it - I repeated the process thinking a heavy downfall of rain would eradicate my work but a week later with a lot of rain storms and my guttering is still fixed.
This is one set of adhesive which includes a grey and black powder plus two bottles of glue. Included is a pin to open the bottles which prevents the glue drying out, therefore I believe there will be no wastage with this very handy piece of kit which I know I will be purchasing soon, if only it had of come with a white powder - I have a white appliance which needs a crack fixed very quickly before the crack turns into a very large break.

Anxiety Wrap
Anxiety Wrap

4.0 out of 5 stars cuddles for your pooch..., 17 Nov 2014
This review is from: Anxiety Wrap (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Animal Wrap made by The Company of Animals is a great invention and it has improved the nervous traits my little dog shows on a daily business. Therefore we have tried a lot of things to try and calm her especially on those special dates where fireworks are the main entertainment.
First of all I did find the wrap easy to put on my very hairy dog, staying on was the problem. She found out if she continued to rub her back up and down the wall she could remove it. Finally we got it on and this time she was not taking it off and I have to admit the tighter I put the wrap on it seemed to benefit her more. She shows her nerves with constantly having to have someone with her which is rather inconvenient and the moment she sees me putting my coat on she starts barking and running in circles trying to shepherd me back into my home. After having the wrap on a few days, I noticed her barking has got less often and I have to admit her barking is not as loud. The only major drawback we have with our breed of dog, she has a lot of hair therefore I do not believe we are seeing the wrap working at its best. We have to put the wrap on a bit tighter to overcome this but you will know what is suitable for your own breed of dog.
The makers describe this as giving the dog a constant cuddle, I fully agree with this as my little dog is calmer and less noisy which for me is such a great benefit for our lives. I even find her not so nervous when she is out for her walk, which is a great bonus as in the past. This is not a miracle cure, it does take a period of time to reduce the nerves in the dog. Personally I have recommended this to friends who also have a nervous dog.
I would recommend the Anxiety Wrap manufactured by The Company of Animals to anyone who has a nervous or fretful dog, though I will say this is not a miracle cure and perseverance is the key.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20