ARRAY(0xaaff9d5c)

Profile for Petra "I love to read" > Reviews

Content by Petra "I l...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 174

Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vax Genuine New Type 2 Pro Cleaning Kit, Grey
Vax Genuine New Type 2 Pro Cleaning Kit, Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars every addition your hoover will need.., 15 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Vax Genuine New Type 2 Pro Cleaning Kit for me was the perfect kit for both my hoovers even the one which was not made by the same makers. Plus the makers have thought of this and actually included two extra connecters for other makes of hoover which you may own.
Each item of the kit provides great results and no speck of dust is safe within my home as I can now reach even into the very back of all my radiators which I always found very difficult and not mentioning the two dogs I have which moults hair on a daily business. I now have no excuses as the makers of the cleaning kit have thought of every difficult nook and cranny which includes the wonderful device which makes cleaning the mattresses so easy and produces great results. I also love the soft brush which can be used to remove the dust of furniture without marking even the most delicate furniture. Each gadget has a purpose, there is a couple I use more but I can honestly say there is nothing that I could not find a purpose for which makes cleaning a bit easier and quicker. The added bonus of a very handy black bag which holds everything neatly and has a handy plastic hook which I can hang up neatly within the storage cupboard. This cleaning kit is ideal for any home and will prove its worth in so many ways.
I am happy to recommend the Vax Genuine New Type 2 Pro Cleaning Kit for anyone who likes to keep their many nooks and crannies free from dust and debris, this is especially useful if like me you have pets within the home which moult a little or a lot.

Tacwise 53 Staple Selection Pack (6mm, 8mm & 10mm / 2000 of each)
Tacwise 53 Staple Selection Pack (6mm, 8mm & 10mm / 2000 of each)

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality staples, 14 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Tacwise 53 Staple Selection Pack is a good buy for those who need quality staples for their DIY jobs. We found these worked particularly well when we needed to staple down very thick material to insulate our outside shade. These worked well and because of the actual staple being made of a good quality material they did the job very well. I find them to be very good value and have recommended this make to other members of the family for their own homes.

edc by ESPRIT Women's Crew Neck 1/2 Sleeve T-Shirt  - Green - Grün (325 light nature green) - 18
edc by ESPRIT Women's Crew Neck 1/2 Sleeve T-Shirt - Green - Grün (325 light nature green) - 18

4.0 out of 5 stars nice design but very flimsy material.., 14 April 2014
The Edc by Esprit Women's Crew Neck 1/2 Sleeve T shirt is a nice tee shirt which I do like the only thing I will say the material is very thin and somewhat flimsy though I do consider it a perfect shirt for a hot summer's day. The design is eye catching and I am looking forward to wearing it when we get the good weather. I would consider it also a good shirt for wearing as part of layering with other garments such as a shirt etc.

Bosch AQT 37-13 High Pressure Washer
Bosch AQT 37-13 High Pressure Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent working high pressure washer...., 14 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Bosch Aquatak 37-13 High Pressure Washer for me is a good purchase for anyone who wants a good quality pressure washer which provides excellent results.
I like this particular model for one main reason I could set it up without shouting for help which is a huge plus for me as a user. The only thing that I reduced one star off for is the instruction booklet is as thick as a novel but yet for each language there are only a couple of pages with very little information for the actual machine. Thankfully it was a matter of quick click and a small turn for each item to be clicked into the actual washer. I would recommend users to have some ear protector’s as it is very loud and this is one tool which will not be used early in the morning!
The washer does provide good results the only thing I will say do not put full force onto anything which has emulsion on as you will be having to return for a quick touch up with a paint brush. I actually wanted the washer as I have two dogs that have a certain place which they constantly return to do their business. I actually clean it daily with a certain strong fluid cleaner which I find kills the germs and erases the smell but there was always a stain which I hated the look off. I used the Bosch Aquatak Pressure Washer and I can honestly say it did a brilliant job all stains were removed and everything else was eradicated within a few minutes without me having to take a yard brush too plus no scrubbing. The pressure washer was quick and easy to use and for what I wanted it for I have to say it produced good clean results.
One main reason why I like this particular model is that the actual pressure washer is easy to store as the actual washer is off a compact design plus the fact it has a place for everything makes the storage of the actual washer easier as it takes up very little space. Plus the fact the actual washer has a handle and good quality wheels make the manoeuvring of the washer easy and without having to lift the actual machine is excellent for anyone who would suffer from back problems.

I am happy to recommend the Bosch Aquatak 37-13 High Pressure Washer to anyone who wants a good quality washer which provides good clean results in a good time frame. It is off a good quality not only on results but it is off a good sturdy design except for one small flaw which is the connecter for your water hose. It is actually made from a clear plastic and where it is situated would make it easy to knock and therefore easy to break. I would advise any purchasers to be careful when using this particular part as it is vital for the actual usage of the washer.

When Mr Dog Bites
When Mr Dog Bites
by Brian Conaghan

5.0 out of 5 stars a young boy's way of dealing with death.., 14 April 2014
This review is from: When Mr Dog Bites (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When Mr Dog Bites written by Brian Conaghan for me was a wonderful read mainly for one main reason I loved the young main character as his look on life was innocent yet truthful. He seen life like it was there was no buttering up with this young lad- Dylan mainly stated what he thought as he seen it but yet his young innocence and love of life shone through, even when his language was very colourful for his young age!
Dylan is a young lad who suffers from Tourettes which the author has certainly explained it in a very honest and open way which also shows the many problems sufferers try to overcome or even reduce the many tics and shouts which it causes. I do believe the more sufferers try to control the tics, shouts etc. the more severe the tics and shouts are. This was explained to me by a young person who unfortunately suffers from this very life limiting condition. I say life limiting as there is so many things young people take for granted, but unfortunately experiences such as a trip to the shops or a cinema are often cut short not because of the young sufferer but because of the general public's reaction to the many tics and other ailments this condition causes.
Dylan is a young boy who cares for those who are closest to him, especially his best friend Amir and his parents especially his father who was a soldier out in Afghanistan. Dylan while listening to a conversation between his mother and a doctor finds out he is suffering from a terminal illness and this is when Dylan decides there is a few things he would like to experience before he "cacks" it as he simply puts it. He has the usual things that any young lad wants to experience regarding a certain young lady in his life but also he also thinks of his best friend. I loved how the author opened Dylan's life to the readers and how he opens up how those not in the main stream education are set apart from the usual pupils receiving an education.
This for me was an eye opening book as well as one which certainly shows what life is like for those young people are faced with certain death. As well as eye opening the book was new and exciting mainly because of the fresh style of writing which was brought down a notch to the youth of today but yet an adult reader would still enjoy reading this book. Yes I will say there is a bit of swearing and a very unique look at life and death, but for me I have to say this is one book I enjoyed and I know I will return to it in the near future as it showed me so much about what life is like for those young people who have conditions which affect their behaviour and how they look at life through their young eyes. I loved this book mainly because I loved how Dylan approached life and how he communicated with those around him, his relationship with his mother was special and this young lad would make any parent proud to have him as their own.
I am happy to recommend Mr Dog Bites as a wonderful read which will suit many readers of all ages and will be the start of many conversations.

A Room Full of Chocolate
A Room Full of Chocolate
by Jane Elson

5.0 out of 5 stars a book which will suit teenagers and older readers.., 9 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A Room Full of Chocolate written by Jane Elson for me was a great little book based on a young girl's reaction to her mother's illness plus add the fact of being bullied via text messages. I felt both subjects where very vital in today's world where unfortunately both problems affect so many young children and young adults. I liked this book mainly because the writing was vivid and the feelings were very raw and I was able to see what the young Grace was feeling especially when she had to go live with a Grandfather who clearly had his own problems.
This book for me is a sure winner if you want a book for a young girl as the author has a clear understanding what is happening with the young teenagers of today.

Dyed and Gone (Azalea March Mystery Series)
Dyed and Gone (Azalea March Mystery Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars hairdressing sleuth.., 7 April 2014
Dyed and Gone written by Beth Yarnell for me was quite a good read which did keep me interested to a certain degree though at times I found the actual book a bit slow especially when it came to the actual story-line. The main character Azalea who is very flamboyant but she is one of those friends who does not back away when she sees those closest to her in trouble and this is the case especially for her business partner and best friend Vivian.
When Vivian's friend from back home is found murdered plus add the fact of minus his head, Vivian is arrested immediately for his murder. This is when the story gets started as Azalea puts on her investigating hat on and decides she is going to be the one who finds out who the real murderer is. Why I did like this book was mainly the book is filled with many characters who are described fully and each of them do have a part in the main story-line.
The book is full of mystery and comic moments and I do believe it would make a great movie as it certainly does have a lot of comedy and entertainment throughout. The only real complaint I had that it take a while to get fully started and I kept looking for an earlier book as I felt I was missing out in a lot of information.
If you want a book which will entertain you this might be the book for you, it certainly is not the best book I have read but I did enjoy it to a certain degree but for me I finished the book wanting more.

I received a copy of this book via Net-Galley in exchange for an honest and frank review which this is.

The Laws of Gravity
The Laws of Gravity
by Liz Rosenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars heart provoking..., 7 April 2014
This review is from: The Laws of Gravity (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Laws of Gravity written by Liz Rosenberg for me was an excellent read which touched every emotion going especially when those emotions are involving your own children. This is certainly one of those books which makes a reader think and ask those questions you really do not want to have to answer but when a tragedy affects one of your own you will do anything to save the child you love with all your heart. If you want a book which is certainly well written and one which will not only involve you as a reader as if you are anything like me.. it was the case of "By the Grace of God.. Go I.." ...as for someone who loves those closest to me this is one predicament I pray I will never have to go through.

This is Life
This is Life
by Dan Rhodes

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny...especially those who love the city to Paris..., 6 April 2014
This review is from: This is Life (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is Life written by Dan Rhodes is a really good read which I have to say I was so shocked I enjoyed it so much as it is so far away from my usual taste in books. As we follow the antics of a student in France as she proceeds with a project. l loved this book for one main reason it had me smiling throughout and it was so full of silliness which was written with so much detail I could see the scenes taking place as I read Dan Rhodes wonderful writing.
I know I will be returning to Dan Rhodes book of silliness in the very near future or when I just want to smile at life, and he is one author I know I will be looking out for as this is the first book I have read by this author.

Ghostwritten
Ghostwritten
by Isabel Wolff

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect read.., 6 April 2014
This review is from: Ghostwritten (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ghostwritten by Isabel Wholff for me was a brilliant read for one main reason the author has a wonderful gift of storytelling who can open up the lives of two separate characters and show us readers their lives in a brilliant and fascinating way.
For me the subject of the Second World War is one I am always wanting to know more about especially with this book we got an inside view into the lives of those children who were imprisoned by the Japanese.
The main characters of the book was Jenni a ghostwriter who is dealing with a terrible tragedy of her own past which has scarred her to such a degree the thought of having her own child terrifies her. We then meet Klara who is also dealing with a history which has affected her whole life but in a different way. As we hear Klara's story as she tells Jenni her story her time in the internment camp through the Second World War was very harrowing and heartbreaking. For Jenni hearing the hardship which Klara was forced to live through plus the deep losses she endured, really spoke to Jenni and this was also her own story as she deals with her own past which really made this book an extra special read which was filled with ghosts of memories throughout.
Ghostwritten written by Isabel Wolff is a book which I am happy to recommend to other readers of historical fiction especially those who like books which are also based in the present time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20