Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Petra > Reviews

Content by Petra
Top Reviewer Ranking: 206

Petra "book addict!!!"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Noontec Noise Cancelling Over Ear Headphone, Hammo Go Audiophile Sound, Good Sound Quality, Durable, Foldable, Comfortable, Fashion Stereo Headphone for Music (White with Noise Cancelling)

5.0 out of 5 stars first class throughout..., 8 Feb. 2016
Noontec Noise Cancelling Over Ear Headphones are one top class set of earphones which I would happily recommend. The earphones are bright and very well designed, I found them very comfortable to wear. What really amazed me was the clarity of the sounds and along with the noise cancelling these are a pure pleasure to use. I love to listen to audio books, music or simply watch programmes via my laptop or tablet, I always had to leave the main living room because of noise etc, Now I can listen to my audio without any disturbance as the noise cancelling works fully providing me with the background silence I crave.
I always used earbuds in the past mainly for convenience but there was always the background noise or I would have to turn my player up to near enough full power to provide me with adequate audible experience. With the Noontec Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones, I can put my player to a minimum yet miss nothing of my music or audio books.
The headphones are also provided with a sturdy glossy case which I have to say it does look very smart and very trendy in today's fashionable world. The manufacturer has certainly put everything into these very good looking set of over-ear headphones as everything about them can only be described as First-class throughout. The look of them is exceptional and along with the soft padding of the actual headphones makes them very comfortable to wear.
If you want a set of headphones which provides a pure and clean audio experience these will fit you perfectly as once you use these and listen to pure perfection, while totally reducing any interruption of background noise these are the ones for you plus with the excellent design which will certainly help you stand out in the crowd. The case they are provided with is made of a top quality design and also, the manufacturer has provided two AAA batteries to enable the noise cancelling adaption.
I am happy to recommend the Noontec Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones as an exceptional top quality, first class set of headphones which provide first class audio experiences.

TrueSteel Sharpening Stone 400/1000 Grit Top Quality, Durable Whetstone With Double Sided Corundum-Comes With Non-Slip Rubber Base-Perfect For Kitchen Knives, Shaving Blades, Carpenter Tools
Offered by M&A Products

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for sharpening jobs around the home..., 8 Feb. 2016
TrueSteel Sharpening Stone 400/1000 grit is one excellent way of leaving my knives sharp as they were the day I bought them and I have to be honest in some instances it was a matter of the knives are now even sharper than the day I bought them.
I hate blunt knives as I do believe it is a sure way of having an accident, as when the knife is not sharp it takes so much more force to cut whatever you are cutting and plus the fact it takes a heavier grip which can also cause a nasty accident. Thr best advantage of using a sharp knife it is simply the case of taking less stress or force of your hand and even less of a grip which allows you to cut your object a lot quicker with a lot less stress and force.
First of all using this whetstone, you must soak it for at least five minutes I actually soaked it for a longer period to make sure the stone was wet through. Then simply I moved the blade of the knives and scissors as instructed by the seller as a full instruction sheet is enclosed within the package.
The stone is heavy though I have to say it is easily stored because of the neat long rectangular shape. I do like the fact it is provided with a rubber grip which allows me to put the stone on the worktop and it stops the stone from slipping off the worktop plus with me sharpening a knife the safety element of this rubber grip is evident.
I would happily recommend the TruSteel Sharpening Stone 400/1000 grit is an excellent way of sharpening knives, all kinds of blades which even includes the old-fashioned shaving instruments which are used a lot more today because of the new fashions. I have also used this to sharpen dog grooming scissors and blades and even they have come up good as new. The whetstone have brought new life back into old knives and cutting instruments which in the past I would have simply disposed off.

Just Haven't Met You Yet
Just Haven't Met You Yet
by Cate Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars fresh and entertaining.., 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Just Haven't Met You Yet written by Cate Woods for me was a fabulous entertaining read which I thoroughly enjoyed as the main story was fresh and exciting when it comes to chick lit.
The main character of the book is Percy James and she has everything anyone could ever wish for that is until she is offered something new. The writing was rather addictive and it simply had me laughing out loud from beginning to end.
I am happy to recommend Just Haven't Met You Yet written by Cate Woods as a great read which I am sure you will enjoy.

Dash Women's Rib Side Interlock Quilted Long Sleeve Jacket, Bright Pink, 18
Dash Women's Rib Side Interlock Quilted Long Sleeve Jacket, Bright Pink, 18

5.0 out of 5 stars nice and warm yet very comfortable.., 6 Feb. 2016
Dash Women's Rib Side Interlock Quilted Long sleeved jacket is a nice comfy way of helping to keep warm without thick layers. The colour is bright and I loved the soft feel of the material plus the diamond quilting made it that bit more special.
I found the fit perfect and I love how it is thick enough to provide heat yet I am able to layer it with an extra coat in really cold days without feeling like a walking duvet.
I am happy to recommend Dash Women's Rib Side Interlock Quilted Long sleeved jacket to anyone who wants to look good while keeping cosy.

Jonny Javelin Friend Christmas Card - White Door, Dog & Big Xmas Tree 9" x 6.25"
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars bright and beautiful.., 6 Feb. 2016
Jonny Javelin Friend Christmas card is well made and very attractive greeting card. It is made of a good quality card though not the typical smooth glossy feel, it had a more textured feel to it. The colours and writing are both bright and vibrant and for me personally I was happy to give this to a special friend.
I am happy to recommend Jonny Javelin Friend Christmas Card to anyone who likes a card which is well made and a joy to give as well as receive.

Sweet Memories of You
Sweet Memories of You
by Ellie Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars Beach View had already begun to work its magic...., 6 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Sweet Memories of You (Paperback)
Sweet Memories of You written by the very talented Ellie Dean was once again another fabulous addition to this terrific series. I loved this book and I have to say this is my favourite in this very readable and even addictive series of books.
The year is 1943 and the war is still going, Peggy Reilly is still bringing in waifs and strays into her home we all know as Beach View, and as she spreads her own special kind of love which has a habit of healing those wounds which so many times remain hidden to everyone else.
With this wonderful book we at last meet Doreen the youngest of Peggy's sister who has her own pain to go through before she finally lets those who love her finally aid her in her road to recovery. The very fabulous Ron is one of the main stars of this brilliant read and once again his bravery shines through yet his many comedy moments remain to be the main threads which weave its magic throughout this wonderful read.
Ellie Dean has a gift of not only showing us the emotional side of her characters, mix that with bravery and the true devastation of what the Second World War brought to many people not only the services but those that stayed behind and kept the home fires burning. Peggy Riley is a true representation of many mothers throughout the world during this time in history, Ellie Dean has created a character who her readers want to know more and more about and for me personally I dread the day this series comes to an end. The one sentence which describes Peggy Reilly when she simply says “It’s no burden, I’m not working on a factory floor or digging for victory –or even manning guns or doing a turn on fire watch- but in my own small way I do what I can for those I love’.
If you have read any of the books in this series you already know how enjoyable the books are for me personally I have to say this is my favourite read of them all. There was something extra special about this book, not only were the characters a joy to meet but the author showed the reader how much the war had taken from those who lived through this time, from those who had to go and fight the war but the children which were separated from their parents and sent to live away from their families. Their heartache was evident throughout and the true physical pains is told in such a beautiful way I could not help but care for the characters which made this book extra special.
I also enjoyed how the author used the Bethnal Green disaster as one of the main points of this book and I have read quite a few books based around this terrible disaster but none matches this book as the personal loss was felt through those characters who lived through it .. Not only the pain of losing someone close but the mental torture a disaster like this can have on a person.
Sweet Memories of You written by Ellie Dean is a brilliant read which I happily recommend to anyone who love to read historical fiction which is not only laced with historical facts but with characters who truly matter to the story, there are some you will love and even adore yet there will always be characters who Ellie Dean have developed in such a wonderful way you know they are horrible yet they still pull on the heart strings.
Thank you Ellie Dean for another wonderful visit to Cliffehaven a place I know will always have a special place in my heart.

Front Lines
Front Lines
by Michael Grant

4.0 out of 5 stars a fresh and new look at the Second World War.., 4 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Front Lines (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Front Lines written by Michael Grant for I was a good read based on a fictionalised look at the Second World War. Within the pages of this well written book Michael Grant writes from the point of view that women were indeed keeping the home fires burning, as well as being allowed to fight beside the male soldiers and as well as male and female soldiers the added bonus to this book was a look at how coloured soldiers both male and female were treated by the white soldiers.
This is not only a book based on the Second World War but this is one where we see how those who were because of the colour of their skin were treated like Second Class citizens even when they were fighting in the name of America and saving the lives of those who might have been wearing the same uniform as them were still seen as inferior.
This is not the usual reading material I would have chosen which made it even more surprising how much I still enjoyed this book. Michael Grant has a gift for not only writing a good entertaining read but mix that with a gift of bringing scenes alive, and his writing was totally inspiring as I was able to take a seat and watch through Michael Grants writing the book coming alive.
This is indeed a totally new look at the Second World War which left it fresh and very exciting. If you want a book which is not a typical look at the Second World War, this is a good book to read. It is aimed at the Young adult but for me I seen no boundaries which would stop any age from enjoying this well-written work of fiction.

Noontec Rio S Earbuds Audiophile sound Stylish look Exclusive SCCB technology Votrik Drivers High Definition Sound Sensitive in line Microphone.(Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars first class product..., 2 Feb. 2016
Noontec Rio S Earbuds Audiophile Sound Stylish earphones are one excellent set of earphones which I do like as they are so comfortable to wear plus the fact they provide great listening.
First of all, they are nicely designed to allow the users pure rich sounds. I use mine for mainly listening to audio books, the sounds provided by these earbuds are first class and they are so comfortable to wear.
I love these earbuds for one main reason the sounds provided by them are pure and rich, I have had earphones which have been so much more expensive than this particular set and I can honestly say these are the best I have used in a long time.
The presentation of the earbuds are first class and with the excellent packaging these would make a perfect gift for someone special, I have included photographs of the actual packaging. The earbuds are also provided with a small hard case which are perfect for storing your earbuds safely preventing any damage plus the fact it prevents the actual leads getting into a tangle etc. One thing I do like about these earbuds is the additon of a small clip which gives a safety element as I am able to attach the earbuds to my clothing which prevents them from falling or even the simple fact it keeps the earbuds leads from getting mixed up with other items which I could be using at the time. I would actually use these earbuds while doing the housework and with the addition of the little gripper prevents them from even falling in water or getting tangled up with the hoover, a simple yet effective and very useful addition to an excellent set of earbuds.
Noontec Rio S Earbuds Audiophile Sound Stylish are an excellent set of earbuds which provide top quality audible sounds without any interference, I am happy to recommend these to anyone who likes their sounds clear as a bell.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Humble Brush White Bamboo Toothbrush
Humble Brush White Bamboo Toothbrush

3.0 out of 5 stars not for me.., 31 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Humble Brush White Bamboo Toothbrush are the ideal solution to the many toothbrushes which have the unfortunate mishap of polluting the land but when it came to the axtual manufacturing of the white bamboo toothbrush the company Humble Brush have still quite a way to go when it comes to producing a toothbrush which deserves five stars. First of all I simply dislike using the bamboo toothbrush as it simply does not leave my teeth feeling the way my normal toothbrush does.
Humble brush white bamboo toothbrush simply smells and tastes like nothing I can compare it too, it does not provide the nice clean feel which I usually receive. I do love the fact the toothbrush is biogradable and therefore does not harm the land. I presonally would not buy this until the company comes up with something better.

L'Oreal Paris Indefectible Lipstick 312 Incessant Russ 5 ml
L'Oreal Paris Indefectible Lipstick 312 Incessant Russ 5 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars great results.., 29 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
L'Oreal Paris Indefectible Lipstick is one very nice lipstick which is slightly different from other lipsticks as it has two parts plus it has the added ingredient hyaluronic acid which has anti-aging properties. I do not know about the anti-aging properties but I do like to use this lipstick as it does last well on lips when instructions are followed.
The results are long lasting, the colour goes on first then follow with the balm which adds a nice glossy look, this also seals the colour which provides a barrier for the lipstick allowing it to last longer than other lipsticks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20