Profile for Petra > Reviews

Content by Petra
Top Reviewer Ranking: 175

Petra "book addict!!!"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion, 50g
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion, 50g

5.0 out of 5 stars Burt's Bees hydrate your skin., 4 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion is a beautiful delicate cream which I love to use. It is of a light consistency which immediately absorbs into my skin without leaving any residue or even any reaction. The cream has a lovely light smell which I personally love as it is a natural smell compared to other products which add a more chemical element.
When this is applied my skin feels plump and moisturised with the added bonus of leaving my fine lines less noticeable. This comes packaged well with the added bonus of immediately seeing if the package has been tampered with. I like the packaging mainly because it is plain and without any additions which will put the price up, personally I prefer a plain packaged product which I love to use, allowing the manufacturer to keep the price down. I do not like products which come in fancy pots etc. allowing the manufacturer putting the price up.
I am happy to recommend the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion as it is lovely to use and leaves my skin looking and feeling good.

Hallmark Forever Friends Christening Card For Daughter 'Happy and Proud' - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever friends always knows what to say..., 4 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hallmark Forever Friends is a beautiful card not only to look at but anyone receiving this would certainly agree. First of all the quality of the card is first class which in today's market is one thing which stands out when purchasing a greeting card. Hallmark always produces top quality greeting cards and they have produced a cute card which says everything a christening card needs.
I would be happy to give this to anyone I know and love who has a special occasion fitting for this card as the Hallmark Forever Friends Christening Card for a special daughter is perfect in every way.

BOHEM Silver Jewellery Nail Art Classic Elegant Short, Medium
BOHEM Silver Jewellery Nail Art Classic Elegant Short, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars bling your nails in style.., 3 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Bohem Silver Jewellery Nail Art Classic nails are a very nice and eye catching way of adding a extra bit of bling to your fingernails. I was actually amazed how delicate and well made the actual nail decoration is. I have to say my nieces adored them and could not wait to try them out, perfect for the party season and I do believe they are right. Everyone loves a bit of extra bling around the party season and these will certainly bring that to your finger nails. I would recommend you measure your own nail and order the one which is as near to your own nail bed as when fitted or measured properly really aids the look and even the wear of the nail.
I love them mainly because they are so well made and with the stamp being visible actually adds to the look of them as it proves they are not just a bit of cheap tin. The actual nail does show finger prints very easy, this is soon removed with a quick wipe with a bit of tissue would be enough to remove any smudges they pick up. I love the fact they are so well polished as in my personal opinion really makes them look more expensive than what they really are.
The fashion with nail art is to have one nail painted different from the other nails and this is a simple and very quick way to receive this look. It states in the instruction the nail is to be well buffed which is really easy to do, this will smooth out the ridges which really adds to the longevity for the length of time as the nail art will have a better grip or adhesive so much better to your actual nail. I love these and this one really looks good if worn with silver or even white gold jewellery but this is my own opinion therefore it is up to the wearer themselves.
I am happy to recommend BOHEM Silver Jewellery Nail Art Classic to anyone who loves nail art.

A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding
A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding
by Jackie Copleton

5.0 out of 5 stars understanding the facts of history..., 3 Sept. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding written by Jackie Copleton for me was a good read which had me thinking about it days after I had actually finished reading this very readable book. The story-line actually begins back in the 1940's when the Americans dropped the atom bomb on Nagaski and Amaterasu Takahashi lost her daughter and grandson. Her life was destroyed that day when the bomb destroyed everything she cared far, she then moved to America along with her husband who clearly adored everything about her. But Amaterasu was never the same and as she slowly remembers that day after she receives a surprise visitor who she never dreamed she would ever see again as far as she was concerned her very much loved grandson died that day now there is a man who is badly scarred says he was not killed that day that in fact he is her grandson.
As this unlikely visitor brings so many memories back to her Amaterasu narrates what happened that day and we also hear her daughters story which also brought so much heartache to her back then.
This is a very readable book especially with this being the 70th anniversary from the atom bomb changed history in so many ways. Jackie Copleton is a very gifted story-teller who certainly knows her history. I love books which use historical facts within fiction as it leaves them so much more than a book which is basically fiction. With this book I was able to see an inside view of how the famous Atom bomb which we all knew about but for me this book really brought not only the suffering of that day but the after effects which are still being seen and felt today.
I am happy to recommend A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding is indeed a book which helps me as a reader understand how history affects the future.

Decleor Aroma Cleanse Soothing Micellar Water for Sensitive Skin - 200 ml
Decleor Aroma Cleanse Soothing Micellar Water for Sensitive Skin - 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Decleor micellar water everything natural..., 1 Sept. 2015
Decleor Aroma Cleanse Soothing Micellar Water is a perfect cleanser especially for those who have sensitive skins. It is a milder cleanser compared to others the same company makes, I love to use this first thing in the morning as a drop of this applied to your skin using a small section of cotton wool leaves your skin fresh and awake.
This is not a cleanser which I would use to remove a heavy application of make-up or cosmetics, I would use it for those days you either have a face clean of cosmetics or even a light tinted moisturiser or even a BB cream as it would be perfect for these solutions.
I love using this Micellar Water after using a heavier cleanser as it seems to have a cooling effect on my skin, this is truly one of those items I would hate to do without.
I would describe it as having a mild smile which is very pleasant not an overly strong smell which you will smell hours later.
With it being”water" it is brilliant at really getting into your pores leaving them fresh and clean.
I am happy to recommend Decleor Aroma Cleanse Smoothing Micellar Water as a fresh and clean, light cleanser which leaves skin feeling fresh, clean and clear.

Summer Flings and Dancing Dreams: A hilariously funny, uplifting romantic comedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Dance like no one is watching....Let Lola show you how..., 1 Sept. 2015
Summer Flings and Dancing Dreams written by Sue Watson is one of the best books I have read this year, it had everything a good book needs which included love, friendship, betrayal, crisis a plenty and of course the one thing us girls love to read about and that is romance but for me the one thing every good book has which is the best characters any writer could ever develop. By the end of the book I felt I knew Laura personally though in my mind she will be known as "Lola" and of course her new Gay best friend every girl would love to have the very gorgeous plus even more funny Tony as he not only learns "Lola" to dance but mix that with learning her to live like there really might be no tomorrow.. And of course "Dance like no one is watching".
This was a funny book full of life lessons and as I followed the main characters Lola(Laura) and Tony getting to know each other this was a relationship we all should have in life(if only). The author used Lola to narrate the story, for me this was perfect as I loved how as a reader I was able to really see into her life which included her relationship with Tony, her Mother and her daughter Sophie plus her friends. It really was a book full of life lessons but the main storyline for me was where she took her parents ‘baton’ and followed their path where dancing led them to new and old destinations throughout the country but for Lola her paths would lead her further afield and this for me was when the action really started as Lola really grabbed her life by the scuff of the neck and allowed nobody to keep her of the dance floor. Regarding the dance moves throughout the book I have to say I loved how the author had a deep understanding for the laws of dance as she really brought them alive using her wonderful gift of writing as she created fabulous scenes which for me it filled the gap in my life which “Strictly Come Dancing” has yet to fill this year.

Summer Flings and Dancing Dreams written by Sue Watson is one excellent read I am happy to recommend as it really entertained me throughout!

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser, 170g
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser, 170g

5.0 out of 5 stars cleansing while hydrating.., 29 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser is a mildly scented rich cleanser which I use after wearing my cosmetics all day, I actually smooth a small drop on my hand then rub it into my skin. After leaving it on for two minutes which is the exact length of time my tooth brush's timer lasts therefore I know when to remove the cleanser which I do using a warm moistened face cloth or even a muslin cloth works wonderfully as the cloth acts as a soft exfoliate. Why I love using this cleanser is due to the fact my face feels soft and clean without any tightness, my skin looks and feels cleans and really aids my cleansing routine. It is recommended you damp your skin first which I would also recommend as it takes less of the product to totally cover my facial, neck and decollete.
I have use Burt's Bees products for years and have loved each one of them I was so pleased when they progressed into skin care as I only use products which are not tested on animals with the added bonus Burt's Bees products are top quality.
I am happy to recommend Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser to anyone who wants a fresh clean face without any irritation.

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream, 50g
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream, 50g

5.0 out of 5 stars intense moisture from the Buzzing Bees..., 29 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Burt's bees Intense Hydration Night Cream is a lightly scented moisturiser which has a thicker consistency compared to the day cream Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion, 50g. I love this full range and have already purchased it locally before I was lucky to receive it from Vine. The actual cream has a light scent which disappears when applied. With the night cream being of a thicker consistency it takes very little to fully moisturise my skin. I actually dab a small bit on different areas of my face then gradually massage it into my skin. Prior before using this I cleansed using the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Cream Cleanser, 170g which already left my skin so soft and clean and after toning the night cream really aided my complexion as it seems to calm my face with the coolness of the cream. I love the feeling of this while applying to my skin along with the slight fragrance left it a very relaxing experience. With this cream being of a thicker consistency I felt I had no need for an extra neck cream therefore I applied a little extra of this soft delicate feeling cream on my neck and decollete which really aided a dryness I had prior to using this.
I love Burt's Bees Products and they would be a range I return to time and time again. I do like the fact that the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream really adds a glow and hydration to my skin therefore I am happy to recommend Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream to those like myself wants an extra intense moisture to my skin without blocking the pores.

Hallmark Forever Friends Thank You Card 'Means A Lot' - Medium Slim
Hallmark Forever Friends Thank You Card 'Means A Lot' - Medium Slim

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful yet classic with a verse which will help you to say the right thing at the right time.., 26 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hallmark Forever Friends Thank you card is a beautiful, well made card which would brighten anyone's day when receiving this. Hallmark is always my first choice when it comes to cards as they are always a quality product with scenery and illustrations which show the receiver the sender cares for them. The verse included is short but very sweet which is blessed with the right sentiment.
I am happy to recommend this card for anyone who wants a beautiful yet classic greeting card which will help you to say just the right thing at the right time.

LE 8W R63 E27 Reflector LED Bulbs, 50W Incandescent Bulb Equivalent, 600lm, Warm White, 2700K, LED Light Bulbs, Pack of 5 Units
Offered by Neon Mart

4.0 out of 5 stars all things bright..., 26 Aug. 2015
LE 8W R63 E27 Reflector LED Bulbs are an easy to fit bulb which produce a nice warm light which reflects well away from the ceiling. I like the fact we get a good source of light and have now been using them slightly over a month and so far they have not failed us.
I will update my review if the bulbs lets us down by failing anytime soon. I like these spot lights as they are small enough to fit neatly within the holder yet they provide a great source of light.
I am happy to recommend LE 8W R63 E27 Reflector LED Bulbs to anyone who owns a spotlight fitting and they want a bulb which lasts with a great source of light.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20