Profile for Petra "I love to read" > Reviews

Content by Petra "I l...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 176

Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mr Muscle Oxy Odour Eliminator Clean Scent, 945 ml
Mr Muscle Oxy Odour Eliminator Clean Scent, 945 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Muscle does it again..., 2 Mar. 2015
Mr Muscle Oxy Odour Eliminator Clean Scent is a first class product which removed all the unwanted whiffs and smells from our carpets and upholstery. I have a wee dog who seems to find all puddles the perfect thing for her to play in but like all dogs when wet, seem to have a whiff which is really unwanted in any home. I have tried all sprays available to purchase in the supermarket which when used would last a few minutes but once dried the smell was back once again.
When I received this from Amazon I was not very hopeful but I can honestly say I sprayed the carpet where the dogs like to lie and within seconds a lovely fresh scent was filling my rooms and hours later the smell is still fresh and clean. I have also used it where there was smells of dog urine where my dog had small accidents due to being ill and within seconds this smell is totally gone prior to this I scrubbed with well known carpet shampoos but still when dried there was an odour which continued to taunt me constantly - that is until I received Mr Muscle Odour Eliminator Clean Scent now there are no unwanted whiffs and odours.
I have one small complaint which is when I received the package from Amazon thankfully they had placed it in a clear plastic bag as it had a leakage from the cap therefore there was a bit of a mess waiting for me when the postman called but I have to admit it was a nice smell so it was easy enough sorted out. I was going to remove a star for this but felt it was unfair as the review is for the product which I do love and not for the delivery and I know I will be returning to purchase more.
Mr Muscles Oxy Odour Eliminator Clean Scent is a brilliant product which I am happy to recommend to any animal owner who loves their animals but not the many whiffs and odours they can leave behind.

Girl at War
Girl at War
by Sara Novic

4.0 out of 5 stars survival was the prize..., 1 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Girl at War (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Girl at War written by Sara Novic for me was a hard book to read not because of it being badly written but because of the subject. The story is told in two sides of war plus to be exact in two parts of the world which were so far apart it was hard to imagine how they could be connected yet the one person who connected the countries and the different time zones of the main storyline was Ana as we are told her story when she lived in Zagreb the capital of Croatia as well as afterwards in New York. It was a read which I will not forget as it showed how one girl survived through a horrible time in history while going on to be a success and not allowing the war to claim her future the way it totally destroyed while claiming her past plus her family.
This book had a hard storyline but one which should have been told a long time ago, at times I felt I was reading about the wars from over seventy years ago instead of just a few years ago when Bosnia/Croatia was a war zone. At those times when I felt I was reading about the Second World War suddenly modern day items such as television were mentioned therefore I remembered this war was still in memory of so many people, even the younger generations of this country could still have memories from this time.
This book for me was an excellent yet heart wrenching story but one which everyone should read as it would give them a full understanding of how modern day war fare does to a country and it's people.
Girl at War written by Sara Novic is a fantastic read but be prepared for a lot of heart wrenching moments which showed me how survival instincts kick in for even the weakest.

Braun Silk Epil 9 9961 SkinSpa Wet/Dry Cordless Epilator and Sonic Epilation Brush with 6 Attachments

5.0 out of 5 stars unwanted hair... this is the answer..., 28 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Braun Silk- Epil 9 9961 SkinSpa Wet/Dry Cordless Epilator and Sonic Epilation Brush is a device which I am happy to recommend to other users of Epilating hair removal as I have found it has reduced my hair removal not only in length of time it was taking me to complete my hair removal schedule but also it has reduced my level of pain which I always dreaded when it came to epilation.
Previous to using the Braun 9 I was using the Braun Silk-épil 7 Skin Spa Wet and Dry Cordless Epilator and Sonic Exfoliation Brush which I have to admit I was quite happy with it until the Braun 9 was available for me to use. The Braun 9 has a considerably broader head which makes very quick work of shaving or epilation plus the fact they have changed the design of the actual tweezers action and the makers have improved this immensely. The makers have also added into the design of the epilator "Micro-grip Tweezer Technology" which is evident compared to the older model, as previously there was always the odd very short hair that I was unable to remove quickly and easily. I have glided this over the shortest of hairs and within a few minor glides of the epilator the shortest of hairs were removed I do think this will be particularly useful when dealing with ingrown hairs which I have to admit I was troubled with in the past.
The actual device has a pulsating vibration action to the actual head which I have to admit is very relaxing especially when using the actual massaging head which comes with the device. I actually believe this is the main solution to the agonising pain I had previously when removing the hairs from my leg prior to using the Braun Silk-Epil 9. Before I actually start any hair removal I use the massager which I complete on all the skin which I want the hair removed. I find this makes the skin more relaxed which also leaves the hairs I want removed easier to reach for the actual epilator plus the sonic action and the broader head leaves epilating such an easier and more pain free experience.
As with the Braun Silk 7 included with this purchase is a brush which can be used to "polish" or scrub your skin. I use this all the time as I love the smooth silky feel of my skin after using this especially when using a quality shower product/lotion. Braun have improved this also as with this model as they have used Sonic Technology to power the actual device, this sonic technology is used to its full potential therefore the brush provides more than 3000 micro vibrations which I have to say really improved my skin appearance as within a short while of using this my skin was glowing. It is also very good for reducing the appearance of cellulite. This will be so useful for me coming up now to the summer weather and will have my skin looking at its best for the summer months. The brush head has over 10,000 fine bristles according to the manufacturer which I have to say I would believe as the brush head to the touch has the texture of a top quality brush head. I love using this as the bristles are so fine, the dead skin cells are gently removed from my skin therefore I feel no hard abrasion is ruining my already sensitive skin.
As I have mentioned the head of the epilator is a lot broader - to be exact the makers state to be actually 40% broader than their earlier models, I like the fact it is taking me less time to complete my hair removal. Though I have to admit to actually epilating regularly therefore I would find this a lot easier using this actual device.
Braun have thought of everything and along with the pulsating pulse vibrations which not only power the exfoliation brush to provide smooth skin results but this also provides the most painless epilation I have ever received from the first time I started to use epilation as a solution to my hairy legs which are a pet hate of mine. This beauty tool has everything you need not only for a hair free existence as even using the shaver head in this device leaves lovely smooth skin.
I am happy to recommend the Braun Silk Epil 9 9961 SkinSpa Wet/Dry Cordless Epilator and Sonic Epilation Brush as a fabulous beauty tool which provides me with skin which I am proud to own.

The Olive Branch
The Olive Branch
by Jo Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruthie falls in love...., 28 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Olive Branch (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Olive Branch written by Jo Thomas was another fabulous read from this very talented author. The main character within this very readable book was Ruthie as she comes to term with her broken relationship she decides she needs to change her life and after one mad drunken purchase which cannot be exchanged as this is no new pair of shoes she has bought but a new home in Italy. We follow her as she arrives in Italy stumbling from one fiasco to another - this was one book where I was laughing out loud throughout mix that with quite a bit of squirming as Ruthie certainly knows how to draw attention to herself.
This for me was a brilliant read which opened up to me the many rules when it comes to farming olives, while showing me the true beauty of Italy as Jo Thomas has a wonderful gift of bringing not only her characters alive but she also describes the surrounding scenery of the land so well I could almost smell the lemons plus the odd goat which has decided that Ruthie is the perfect flat mate!
This book had it all, full of emotion laughter and even more tears plus a lot of glasses of wine mix that with the beautiful food Italy is famous for.
I am happy to recommend the Olive Branch written by Jo Thomas as a brilliant read which entertained me throughout.

Gun Street Girl: Sean Duffy 4 (Detective Sean Duffy 4)
Gun Street Girl: Sean Duffy 4 (Detective Sean Duffy 4)
by Adrian McKinty

4.0 out of 5 stars what are the dark streets hiding from Sean Duffy???, 27 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Gun Street Girl written by Adrian McKinty is the fourth book in the Sean Duffy series. Sean Duffy has progressed up the RUC and he is leading the life he clearly loves. We are now in 1985 and once again the troubles are the background for this wonderful series. Once again Adrian McKinty gives us a well developed character which because of the previous three books I felt I knew him and was soon recognising his many traits throughout the book.
The main crime which is taking up Sean Duffy's time is a murder and he is questioning everything about it. As he links the historical facts throughout the book I was soon looking back at my own memories of living in Northern Ireland through the decade of the 1980's. This is a brilliant series and it continues to get better as the books developed.
I am happy to recommend Gun Street Girl written by Adrian McKinty as a great read and one which will keep you entertained throughout.

In the Morning I'll be Gone: Sean Duffy 3
In the Morning I'll be Gone: Sean Duffy 3

4.0 out of 5 stars disappeared..., 27 Feb. 2015
In the Morning I'll Be Gone is the third book in this very exciting series which has kept me hooked from the first book. Once again we are brought into the life of Police officer Sean Duffy in the 1980's a very delicate time in our history of my homeland. Within this book Sean has caught the eye of MI5 and this will take him on a journey he could never have dreamed off.
Why I loved this book was mainly within each page I was brought into Sean's life as his personal life seems to fall apart his professional life is the main part of his life he can control. I am not going to spoil this book for you but one thing I will say I was addicted to the action and yes I have to admit sometimes I was sitting scratching my head thinking wow!! I will say Adrian McKinty has a wonderful talent for storytelling and I am so glad he brought this wonderful series to life as I know I will continue being a fan.

I Hear the Sirens in the Street: Sean Duffy 2 (Detective Sean Duffy 2)
I Hear the Sirens in the Street: Sean Duffy 2 (Detective Sean Duffy 2)
by Adrian McKinty

4.0 out of 5 stars a torso is found ... in a suitcase...one way of bringing a murder to the minds of his readers..., 27 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I hear the Sirens in the Street written by the very talented Adrian McKinty is another good read based in Northern Ireland at the times of the troubles. Though for this book the troubles were not the main problem for Sean Duffy but a mutilated body which is found in the most horrid of circumstances. I have to admit I do enjoy books based in my homeland and with Adrian McKinty he certainly knows how to bring his own homeland into the homes of his many readers.
With this book 1981-82 is the time of the storyline and while Adrian Mckinty certainly knows how to show his readers what life was like during this time.
If you are a fan of the series this is one book which you will not be disappointed with as this is one very readable book.

The Ladies of the House
The Ladies of the House
by Molly McGrann

4.0 out of 5 stars the ladies of the night...meet their demise..., 27 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Ladies of the House written by Molly McGrann for me was a good read which follows the lives and deaths of three women who lived in a run down house on the very fashionable Primrose HIll. Why I liked the book was not only for the good writing - with the aid of a very talented author the characters were believable yet very eccentric.
Each of the characters tell their own story and it was indeed an eye opening read as I followed the lives and loves of the three women and their past history of being "ladies of the night".
This is one very funny read and along with characters who were unforgettable this was one very entertaining read.

AmazonBasics Pet Training Pads, Regular, 50-Count
AmazonBasics Pet Training Pads, Regular, 50-Count

4.0 out of 5 stars a handy absorbent pads for all those little doggy accidents..., 25 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Amazon Basics Pet Training Pads are the perfect training aid when toilet training pets or even when having an elderly sick dog which I have had in the past and would place one of these below its bed and where they would lie as sometimes the elderly dog would lose quickly the control of its bladder so these for us at the time where a security blanket to save urine staining our floor.
I have also used them for toilet training our youngest dog and she was soon aiming to go outside as I placed the pads nearer and nearer the back door she soon realised where I wanted her to do her business. They are not super absorbent but for us they were absorbent enough for us to give us a little extra time to get things cleaned without leaving any lingering odour.
I personally would recommend Amazon Basics Pet Training pads to anyone who has a sick dog or even toilet training a pup etc. These saved me so much bother with cleaning up after the dog/pup.

The Girl from Cobb Street (Daisy's War - Book 1)
The Girl from Cobb Street (Daisy's War - Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars a perfect read with constant suspense and intrigue throughout.., 25 Feb. 2015
The Girl for Cobb Street written by Merryn Allingham for me was not only a great read but one which kept me guessing to the very end. Daisy Driscoll is the main character and we first meet her when she arrives after a very long sea journey in India believing she is finally going to see the man she loves and is planning to marry. Immediately Daisy is soon disappointed and she soon realises India is not only a country she knows very little about. Gerald her new husband is not the man she first fell in love with in London a few weeks prior to her arrival not only that with him serving in the Indian army there are so many rules and regulations she must follow to fit in with the many wives who rule India in their own and very unique way. But Daisy has come a long way to be with her new husband and she is not the little wife who will obey without questioning and for me she was the perfect main character for this very entertaining book.
The Girl from Cobb Street is a wonderful read and it was a love story but not in the way I first expected it to be as Daisy soon sees the hidden beauty of India and its many inhabitants. This read had it all mystery, suspense, full of fear and so much more and this is one book which will keep you reading to the very late hours as if you are like me as a reader I had to know will Daisy finally get the life she deserves or has she put her trust in the wrong man once again which will bring her on a journey she could only have had nightmares of as Daisy has so many unanswered questions along with a servant who despised her from the beginning she clearly had not only arrived in a strange country but one which hid many mysteries behind every locked door - it was up to Daisy to seek the truth she clearly needed to survive.

The Girl from Cobb Street written by Merryn Allingham is the first book in this very promising series.
The second book published in May 2015 is The Nurse's War (Daisy's War - Book 2)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20