Profile for Petra "I love to read" > Reviews

Content by Petra "I l...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 160

Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Smart Weigh Precision Digital Vanity / Bathroom Scale, "Smart Step-On" Technology, Tempered Glass Platform and Large Backlight Display
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars sleek design.., 18 Sep 2014
Smart Weigh Precision Digital Vanity/Bathroom Scale is an excellent set of scales which are very sleek to look at and actually when I received them I was amazed how thin the actual scales are regarding the actual depth of the scales. They are powered using two coin batteries which are supplied with the scale, for the batteries to be used it only takes the user to remove a small flat plastic paper. The designers must have realised to actually use the bigger AA batteries the depth of the scale would have been made a little bigger. I am not too sure how long the two coin batteries will power the scales though I will edit my review as time goes on.
These scales are made off a toughened tempered glass with a metal spoke base which controls the actual weighing. They are a very modern set of scales and will suit the modern bathroom very well plus with the added bonus of the scales being very slim I actually find the scales very easy to store.
I really do like the LCD display which gives the user very bright large number figures which I find very easy to read. They weigh like other digital scales in pounds, stones and pounds and of course kilograms which medical personnel seem to use a lot more these days. Too choose how you want to weigh yourself it is very easy to change the weighing to either pounds/stones and pounds/kilograms by pressing a small button which is positioned on the bottom of the scale.
The Smart Weigh Precision Digital Vanity/Bathroom scale which turns on immediately by stepping on which is another reason I do like this particular model, your weight will appear on the LCD display for at least ten seconds.
I am happy to recommend the Smart Weigh Precision Digital Vanity/Bathroom scale to anyone who wants a set of scales which will weigh you accurately while looking good at the same time. Though I will say do not get on the scales straight from the bath or shower as the tempered glass which you stand on to get weighed is very slippy as it is simply a thickened square of glass which is tempered for extra weight strength.

I received the Smart Weigh Precision Digital Vanity/Bathroom scale from Smart weigh in exchange for an honest and frank review which this is.

My Little Pony Equestria Everyday Doll Rainbow Rocks Dash
My Little Pony Equestria Everyday Doll Rainbow Rocks Dash

5.0 out of 5 stars for the My little Pony Equestria, 18 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My Little Pony Equestria Everyday Doll Rainbow Rocks Dash is a cute little doll, though I must say I have never seen a doll like her in my life. But I was soon informed who she was and where she was from, in fact with my two nieces were able to give me a full history lesson on these little pop stars which are from the cartoon.My Little Pony Equestria Girls [Blu-ray] plus I now know there is books available which are also very colourful as the girls both have them and everything else attached to these little brightly coloured dolls. The girls both loved the hair of the doll and now are being extra nice to me hoping that the next time they visit I will have the full range for them to play with.
The doll is well made and very colourful, I know there is a lot of accessories available to purchase including the My Little Pony Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks Mane Event Stage Playset. This is a great little doll which was well received even if I did think it was very strange looking but what do I know? I am just a boring adult after all!

Philips Shaver Series 9000, Wet and Dry Shaver with SmartClean S9031/26
Philips Shaver Series 9000, Wet and Dry Shaver with SmartClean S9031/26

4.0 out of 5 stars the Rolls Royce of shavers.., 18 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Philips Shaver Series 9000, Wet and Dry Shaver with Smart clean is one magnificent shaver which works very well and leaves skin silky smooth in a very quick time. Dad prefers Philips shavers for one main reason he likes the triple shaving head as he says it is more comfortable for him against his skin, he finds it so much more comfortable compared to other shavers he has owned.
He likes this shaver for one main reason he can shave so much quicker plus the fact he says he gets a better shave with this one . The reason for this could be due to the fact that it is a brand new shaver compared to his older one which he has been using it over two years. I have tried to get him other shavers in the past 18- 24 months but he always returns to his old Philips. One reason I like this particular model as it is fitted with a smart clean system which we have used though not much difference was noticed as Dad has not been using it long but I will edit my review as time goes on. The smart clean cartridges can be bought here Philips JC303/50 Cleaning Cartridge - Pack of 3
Dad is partially sighted so the position of buttons and how they operate is a major thing for him, he finds this model very like his old Philips shaver so therefore he has soon got onto the workings of this shaver very quickly which I know will not affect other users but this is one reason why I prefer this model to other shavers I have got Dad.
This new model of the Philips Shaver is so much quieter than the older model, it cuts the beard a lot quicker and a lot closer to the skin without continuing going over the same patch of skin a few times which means no beard rash which for Dad is a huge bonus. The smart click trimmer is an excellent addition and it is easy worked, so easy I can easily trim Dad's side burns plus the back of his neck very easily and very quickly. The makers of the Philips Shaver 9000 wet and dry shaver is an excellent shaver which works providing great results, the improvements are very noticeable compared to other models. The price asked is quite a bit more expensive and is actually nearly twice the price of Dad's older shaver - but I have to say even I can see how the makers have upgraded this particular model, the money asked at the present time is roughly £200 which I have to say the shaver is indeed worth the money asked as it is an exceptional shaver. It provides smooth, clear skin in such a short time plus it is easy used. It holds a charge and with each use I am able to see when I need to charge the shaver for Dad as it has a LCD bar system which states how much power is available at all times within the shaver. The makers state when fully charged it will not need charged for another 17 days which makes it ideal for anyone who is going on holiday and wants to limit how many chargers they are going to have to take with them.
Dad likes it so that is all that matters and for that reason alone I can recommend the Philips Shaver Series 9000 wet and dry shaver with smart clean to other customers who wants a shaver which provides first class results.

Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at a Glance
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at a Glance
by Morgan McMonagle

4.0 out of 5 stars everything vascular.., 17 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at a Glance is an excellent book as a study aid for any medical student going into this subject. I found it very informative which covered many of the subjects which this title covers. I found them full of information with even a website which really does add a lot more knowledge to the subject. This would be very handy for any medical student which needs a book which is full of the most important guidelines to this subject especially when it comes to exam time. The photographs are very clear and it was very interesting to see what a surgeon sees. This is an excellent book which I would certainly recommend to anyone who has an interest in the subject whether as a patient, though in my own personal opinion this book is aimed more at the medical professional rather than a person who has had no medical training.

This Is Retro, Vol. 1
This Is Retro, Vol. 1

3.0 out of 5 stars average mp3 download.., 16 Sep 2014
This is Retro, Vol 1 was purchased mainly because I liked the song compilations. Unfortunately when I listened to the songs in full I did not really like all the actual vocalists. Some were better than others but it certainly will not be a MP3 download of songs which I will be listening too very much in the future. It simply was a case of I will check the vocalists more thoroughly in the future, or in my case stick to my favourite singers.

Melissa & Doug Water Wow Bundle Animals/ Alphabet and Numbers
Melissa & Doug Water Wow Bundle Animals/ Alphabet and Numbers

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for those children who are just starting to colour in.., 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Melissa & Doug Water Wow Bundle Animals/Alphabet and Numbers is quite a good way of learning younger children to colour in without them knowing their actual colours. Our youngest wee one has just started school and he knows some colours but would not be fully knowledgeable when it comes to what colours are needed for certain things.
This is a handy way of showing young ones to colour in without producing a mess, especially using paints etc.
One reason I do like these for the simple reason is that they pens will not make a mess of our walls, therefore set of colouring fun is ideal for car journeys.
I feel the children do not learn much from these plus the American spellings are very much a let down as with the boys learning their words at school these American spellings mix the boys up which would be the main reason I would not purchase this particular pack over again. I would like something similar to this set which is especially made for children who are receiving an education here therefore require English spellings.

Kent's Kitchen Thai Green Curry Meal Kit 65 g (Pack of 1, Total 4 Kits)
Kent's Kitchen Thai Green Curry Meal Kit 65 g (Pack of 1, Total 4 Kits)

4.0 out of 5 stars handy store cupboard basic, 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Kent's Kitchen Thai Green Curry Meal is a kit which contains enough ingredients for four separate meal kits. Each meal kit(one packet which contained one each of garlic oil, spices and curry paste) along with the added ingredients was enough to feed 3-4 adults. The actual curry was not overly hot which was a huge bonus for me as I am not too good with very spicy food. The actual recipe which is on the back of the label which you remove carefully of the clear plastic holder. The extra ingredients needed can be changed to suit your own individual tastes.
I actually was surprised at how good the actual meal tasted, it really stood out as a better tasting curry kit compared to the supermarket jars etc. which though cheaper in price really cannot be compared to the curry meal which these kits provide.
Kent's Kitchen Thai Green is a great buy and I am happy to recommend this kit to any other curry lover. I will say this is a mild curry and if your tastes prefer the hotter curry Kent's provide many other meal kits in their range.

Busy B Baby B Mini Album - Girl Pink
Busy B Baby B Mini Album - Girl Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars just right.., 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Busy B Baby B Mini Album Girl Pink is a basic, slim album which holds 24 pages which holds photographs sized 6 X 4 inches. The actual album is slim in thickness, it would not be much thicker than a typcial gloss magazine. I personally believe that it is not just for those who have baby girls - it is perfect for those mothers who like to carry photos of their babies wherever they go - therefore this is a perfect album for carrying around in their handbag. I know it is easy to have photographs in your mobile phones these days but for me personally I can see an actual photograph printed on good quality paper much better than I can see the same photograph on my own smart phone. The Busy B Baby B Mini Album is a lovely gift for any woman in your life who you know likes to have those precious photographs close at hand.

Leitz Wow A4 Ruled Notebook - Metallic Pink
Leitz Wow A4 Ruled Notebook - Metallic Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars quality notebook..., 14 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Leitz Wow A4 Ruled Notebook - Metallic Pink is one notebook I am happy to recommend to other customers who do not mind paying for premium paper products. When I first received the notebook my first thought was that I could understand why this book costs so much more than ordinary A4 writing pads. This is not a book for taking down rough notes where you are going to be ripping pages out and dumping them in the nearest bin. This book is for writing those special things you want to keep forever, it is the perfect book for a journal or even for a present for someone who is starting college.
First thing I do like about this is that the paper is FSC(Forest Stewardship Council) which stated the wood used to manufacture the paper is harvested from a certified forest, also means that the wood is not harvested illegally from a Rain Forest or any other forest which for me personally is very important.
The paper is top quality and immediately the texture is as smooth as silk and I really do like writing on it with my fountain pen as the ink and pen just glides across the paper. The paper is lined but not the usual way which normal A4 pads are. The main margin has no lines, the lines actually begin at the right hand side of the margin. There is also a removable light plastic ruler which can be easily removed and 'hooked' back into the main page wire bound holder. At the back of the main book there is a see through plastic folder which is handy for loose papers or tickets etc. The main cover of the notebook is made of a wipe clean plastic cover, the front of the cover is coloured pink while the inside of the cover is pure white.
In my opinion I cannot compare this quality notebook can be compared to cheaper A4 pads as the top quality manufacturing is very evident throughout this book, and for me it is worth the money. I would have liked if you could refill the paper as the main cover will last well. It is also made to fit into the Leitz WOW Click & Store A4 Storage Box (Pink) - ref 60440023 plus the pages will fit into the Leitz WOW 1005 180° A4 80mm Lever Arch File - Metallic Pink.
I am happy to recommend the Leitz A4 Notebook to any customer who wants a top quality product.

Make Your Own Lip Balm
Make Your Own Lip Balm

3.0 out of 5 stars lip balming fun.., 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Make Your Own Lip Balm (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Make your own lip balm made by Galt is an OK gift for any little girl but I though the girls would be able to actually make their own lip balm with various ingredients. The balm comes in a large pot and then the user adds whatever ingredients they want plus I would call it sparkly but it was more of a pearlescent powder which was also provided. There are also small pots which are quite fiddly to fill with the actual balm plus little stickers to apply to the pots.
The set will not last long which is a bit of a let-down, and for me I still would have preferred if the girls were learned using natural products so they could still continue with their making off balm. It was good fun for each of them even with all the mess they made, I do believe I would buy them another set as they did enjoy making their very own lip balm!
I was a bit paranoid about allergies so the girls were not allowed to apply unto their lips until they did a twenty four hour patch test.
I am happy to recommend this set to any young girl especially those who like to use lip balms etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20