Profile for Petra "I love to read" > Reviews

Content by Petra "I l...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 155

Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Smart Weigh 500 x 0.01g Digital Pro Pocket Scale with Back-Lit LCD Display, Tare, Hold and PCS Features (2 Lids Included)
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars weighing precisly without fuss...., 27 Nov 2014
Smart weigh 500 X 0.01g Digital Pro Pocket Scale with Back Lit LCD Display are one set of scales I am happy to recommend to anyone who wants exact weighing scales for small items, I have found them very exact especially when I am weighing out food especially for a diabetics needs which I have to be very particular about. I find the scales very neat and nicely designed and one reason I do like them they are small enough for me to carry in a bag especially when I am going out for the day but I still need to weigh out a member of my family's food to make sure his sugars stay low. The scales are also provided with a small plastic tray which has a raise side this plastic tray will hold quite a bit of food etc. without any spillage.
The weighing scale have a great back lit LCD display which have a lovely bright blue back lit display which helps me see the numbers easy and clearly therefore no mistakes are made. I especially like these scales for the numerous weighing tariffs which makes these nicely designed scales for everyone they actually weigh in the following tariffs.
I am happy to recommend the Smart Weigh Digital pro pocket scales to anyone like myself who needs precise weighing measurements especially when food is concerned.
Grams (G), ounces (OZ), troy ounces (OZT), pennyweight (DWT), grains (GN), and carats (CT). For those that are interested the Grams and ounces are the main weighing tariffs which the majority of customers would use. Troy Ounces are for those that want to weigh precious metals these actually originate from Roman times. They can also be used to weigh gemstones also. there are other uses for troy ounces. Pennyweight DWT are also related to the Troy Ounces and these also can be used to measure precious metals. Grains (GN) are also used to measure precious stones, the scales also weigh in carat(CT) which are self explanatory. These scales are the perfect scales for customers who work a lot with jewellery, for me personally I prefer them as they offer exact weighing weights for measuring food etc.
I am happy to recommend the Smart Weigh 500 X 0.01g Digital Pro Pocket Scale which back lit LCD display to anyone who wants a great working weighing scales for any weight up to the total of 500g.

Thank you to Smart Weigh for providing me with this great set of scales free of charge in exchange for an honest and clear preview.

Richard Ward Couture Hair Volumiser Root Booster 150ml
Richard Ward Couture Hair Volumiser Root Booster 150ml

5.0 out of 5 stars for all those who wants a lovely thick head of hair filled with volume and good health - this is the answer to all your problems, 25 Nov 2014
Richard Ward Couture Hair Volumiser Root Booster is one fabulous product which I cannot believe how well it works. From the moment you spray lightly into your hair and put your hair-dryer into action, I could feel and see the product working. You might think I am exaggerating the actual brilliance of this hair product but immediately when the blast of hot hair hit the hair where I applied the product on when I was using the brush to style my hair, the extra fullness of my hair was evident. I am so pleased with Richard Ward Couture Hair Volumiser Root Booster I was straight online to buy another bottle to make sure I would not be without it.
The price is rather high as the bottle is clearly only a small 150ml but it only takes very little product to get great results. It really helps if you get it well into the roots and with the spray being so fine this makes things a little easier to do so.
It also has a very mild, attractive smell which I also like.
I am happy to recommend the Richard Ward Couture Hair Volumiser Root Booster to anyone like myself who is unfortunate not blessed with a thick head of hair or even hair which is very lank and flat this also works very well. A good tip for those also like myself who is not professionally trained as a hair stylist, and has straight hair but wants their hair to have an added boost and hair which looks healthier and thicker is to dry their hair using a hair dryer without any attachment.

Do-Ahead Christmas: Stress-Free Cooking for the Festive Season
Do-Ahead Christmas: Stress-Free Cooking for the Festive Season
by James Ramsden

5.0 out of 5 stars a great aid to help make Christmas a happier experience for the cooks in the home...., 24 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Do-Ahead Christmas; Stress-Free Cooking for the Festive Season written by James Ramsden for me is a great aid to anyone who like myself seems to dread Christmas as it means a serious amount of time spent in the kitchen. The book is nicely set out and I have to admit there are some recipes which I do not believe I would consider but there is quite a few I know will be cooked and hopefully if all goes according to plan and I follow James Ramsden very clear instructions maybe this year I wont be on Boxing Day swearing "Never again!"

Manuscripts Don't Burn [DVD]
Manuscripts Don't Burn [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mohammad Rasoulof

4.0 out of 5 stars bureatic Iran ... a vague dream ...., 24 Nov 2014
This review is from: Manuscripts Don't Burn [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Manuscripts Don't Burn is not a film I would recommend to everyone as it is typically a film if you are interested in the area which the film is based on as a viewer you would get more out of it. I found the film very hard to continually watch and have to be honest I did pause and take a break a few times throughout the film.
The film is based on two main characters Khosrow and Morteza who are trained Iranian operatives whose jobs are to seek out the relevant information for their superiors which is plain from the descriptions.
This for me was a dark film which was quite good but at times rather depressing which is obvious from the film subject. If you have an interest in Iran and their way of life especially when it comes to the lives of those in power this is a very interesting dark drama but one film I am sure will stay in my mind for a very long time.

Amazon Protective Cover for Kindle (7th Generation), Black - will not fit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage or previous generation Kindle devices

4.0 out of 5 stars amazon protective cover for the seventh generation kindle.., 24 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Amazon Protective Cover for kindle is a nice neat cover for the seventh generation kindle. Personally I thought it would have fitted my Kindle Paper white. It actually does but the very handy wake-up function which is available for this cover does not work for the original paper white. When I read it properly it only works for the new basic kindle.
This is a nice, basic cover which looks good plus the added bonus it will protect your cover very well as it is manufactured from a hard wearing Durable polyurethane which I do believe will wear well. I personally love the colours which are available for the cover - especially the bright, vibrant colours.

Strange Glory: A life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Strange Glory: A life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
by Charles Marsh

4.0 out of 5 stars A man who not only served God but his people who he dearly loved..., 23 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Strange Glory: A Life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer written by Charles Marsh for me was a fascinating read based on one man who had so much bravery and goodness within him - his love of God clearly shone through him. I found the book fascinating as I read his dealings with the Gestapo as he tried to save those lives that the followers of Hitler were quick to condemn. If you have a true love of history and especially that love reaches those who not only served the church but knew when he seen evil it had to be defeated.
In a way this book was one of tragedy but for me it was true bravery and I know I will return to this book as I not only found Dietrich Bonhoeffer to be one man who was a true disciple of God.
I am happy to recommend Strange Glory: A Life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer written by Charles Marsh as not only a book which is richly written but for me it was a book where I had to shut myself away from everyone as this was one book based on Second World War history I wanted to total digest and fully follow the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer who was totally a man of not only God but who was filled to the brim with true bravery and courage against evil.

Stand Beside Me
Stand Beside Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Stand beside Daniel with this wonderful gift of music...., 22 Nov 2014
This review is from: Stand Beside Me (Audio CD)
Stand Beside Me is a great CD and DVD set which is packed to capacity with beautiful songs which are brought to us once again by this very talented singer accompanied by his very talented friends, of course Mary Duff puts in an appearance and personally for me I love how Daniel and Mary perform their music together as they have a great connection and their warm personalities seem to connect in such a special way they always have me smiling when I hear them performing a duet together.
First of all the DVD is a filming by the BBC of one of his concerts by the same name Stand Beside Me and I loved it from beginning to end, this DVD is filmed at the exact concert and it lasts well over two hours which I think is wonderful value for money. Daniel O'Donnell is a great singer and his wonderful, warm personality shines through his songs. He is a great character and how he works with the audience is a joy to see. There are songs to suit all lovers of separate genres of music and I was soon tapping my foot enjoying every song which he has sung with his wonderful gift of bringing songs to life and not forgetting his jokes are plenty throughout this great show which he has produced.
Stand Beside Me is a great set of music which is full to capacity of wonderful songs, what makes this extra special there are two CDs of his music and with an added bonus of the DVD this is a wonderful gift for anyone who loves Daniel O'Donnell the favourite "mammy's boy" from Ireland.

Till We Meet Again: A Bamforth Gift Book of WW1 Postcard Images (Bamforth Gift Books)
by Bamforth & Co

5.0 out of 5 stars a poignant look at postcards sent to loved ones during the First World War.., 21 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Till We Meet Again: A Bamforth Gift Book of WW1 Postcard Images produced by Bamforth & Co is a lovely little book which I love, for one main reason I have an avid interest in the First and Second World War. These post-cards brought to me how these little cards held so much thought and emotion within them and those that received them whether they were the soldiers at the front or the families at home. For me personally this is a sentimental album which contains copies of actual postcards which were sent to those at home or at war and though there is no written material within it, the postcards themselves speak a thousand words.
I am happy to recommend Till We Meet Again: A Bamforth Gift Book of WW1 Postcard Images produced by Bamforth & Co to anyone who has an interest in the First World War.

Amazon Protective Leather Cover for Kindle (7th Generation), Black - will not fit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage or previous generation Kindle devices

5.0 out of 5 stars kindle cover for your 7th generation kindle...2014 models.., 20 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Amazon Protective Leather Cover for Kindle is a good fitting cover for your seventh generation kindle. I found the cover to be easily accessed using my Kindle 7th generation and also I found it very slim and light which is great when I am out and about and want to take my kindle with me.
The cover is made from leather which I find easy to keep clean and I like the fact that no smudges are visible on the cover. At the time of posting this review it is advertised at a good price and with the fact of the cover being made from Leather makes this a very economical cover which will last well.
The one main thing I do like about this cover is that it has an automatic sleep and turn on feature by simply opening and closing the cover.
I like this cover and find it easy to keep clean and I like how it does not add much weight to my own kindle.

ANF Canine Lamb & Rice Adult, 3kg
ANF Canine Lamb & Rice Adult, 3kg

4.0 out of 5 stars good feeding for your pooch.., 20 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
ANF Canine Lamb & Rice Adult dog is a kibble which I am happy to recommend to any owner of dogs which you want to feed them a dry dog kibble for the sake of their teeth but yet want your dog to enjoy eating their food.
I have two dogs which I have to admit they are fussy when it comes to their food plus add in a delicate stomach and I have to be very particular what I feed them.
There is a smell of the food but not overly so, the scent must be pleasing to our canine friends as the moment I open the bag and put the food in the dish my dogs are soon getting excited for they know they are getting fed. I do like this food for one main reason it has not upset them in anyway which make my life more pleasant especially when it comes to cleaning up after the two dogs.
I am happy to recommend the ANF Canine Lamb & Rice Adult Kibble which is produced by Kodo Inc. as a good kibble which is both pleasing to the dogs and pleasing to me as their owner.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20