Profile for Petra "I love to read" > Reviews

Content by Petra "I l...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 183

Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
MeasuPro OX100 Instant Read Pulse Oximeter, Rotating Oled Display, Oxygen and Pulse Rate Monitor, Case and Lanyard Included
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars a closer look at your lung and heart ..., 26 Jan. 2015
MeasuPro OX100 Instant Read Pulse Oximeter made by MeasuPro is a one very hand gadget to have in the home especially for those who have heart or lung problems. I have been using this daily to check the effectiveness and find it does give me peace of mind for members of my family suffering from chronic heart problems. I use this daily along with a blood pressure monitor - therefore I am able to keep a very close eye on my family member's health problems and if needed I am able to get medical help - I also find it very useful as I am able to keep detailed medical records which also helps the professionals. The actual device as stated measures the blood oxygen saturation levels which I have found to be very similar or the same as the health professions which do already keep a very close eye on my family member. The metre also measures accurately the user's heart beat per minute- the actual reading is completed very quickly.
The actual device is small and includes the necessary batteries also a small pouch fro safe keeping plus a handy long ribbon handle to prevent loss as it is small which I like. I also like the fact that the display has an OLED blue lettering which is very easy to see and stands out brightly against the black background.
I would consider this a good purchase especially for those who have heart or lung problems - I have found it to give an accurate account of the measurements taken and for this reason alone it provides me with a better detailed look at the family members health which makes me happier and more content.
I am happy to recommend the MeasuPro OX100 Instant Read Pulse Oximeter to anyone who has health problems or wants to keep a very close eye on it - it is also recommended to anyone who likes to exercise and also would like to keep a closer eye on how hard their heart is working with exercise.

Replica
Replica
by Jack Heath

4.0 out of 5 stars an unique read..., 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Replica (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Replica written by Jack Heath is one very good read which I did enjoy as it was so different from other books I have read in the past. The book though was an unusual read which I do believe young people will enjoy. The book is based in Australia and there is no way I can describe it without giving too much away about the storyline and this is one of my pet hates when reading the reviews.
The book is very unusual though this takes nothing away from the enjoyment of it, if you like your books which are unique this is the book for you but I will say you will be questioning yourself throughout...

The Altogether Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman
The Altogether Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman
by Mamen Sanchez

5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud, bumbling fun..., 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Altogethr Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman for me was a very entertaining read which was written with not only humour but constant mystery throughout. I loved how the main character the very eccentric Inspector Manchego as he seeks the mystery of the disappearance Atticus Craftsman. The book was a constant laugh and I had to admit quite a few laugh out moments as I followed the Inspector and his mystery solving.
The book is a great joy to read and I loved how the author not only brought the characters and their surroundings alive but she showed me the reader the beauty of Madrid alive. The story of the employees of the magazine which is the central part of the story and each character really mattered to the story which made this such a good read.
The Altogether Unexpected Disappearance of Atticus Craftsman is an excellent read which I loved so much, I did not want it to end.

Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp
Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars heat and light = pain relief..., 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp is a very good pain relieving machine and I have owned a smaller one prior to this one made also by Philips. Within a few minutes of usage I felt the heat of the lamp slowly bringing relief into my very painful back. I have had a bad back for a few years and there is only a certain amount of pain relief you can take, they like a lot of people will understand the tablets and patches only take the edge of the pain therefore when I was offered this I thought nothing beats a try and at the present time I would try anything to even ease the pain.
I like the basic size of this as it is very easy to store and with the handle it is even easier to carry without touching the glass part as it does heat up with use. The makers recommend fifteen minutes and I do find this quite sufficient - I actually use this now in the mornings as usually in the morning I would be in chronic pain. I am not saying this is a magic cure but for me it does give me some relief of the pain which I am so thankful for. There are guidelines included with the actual infracare lamp which I would say read and follow - as I know the red light can damage your eyes if you do not protect them plus you would over stimulate the nerve endings if you use it for a prolonged time or even if you sit too close to the lamp.
I am very happy to recommend the Philips HP3621 200w InfraCare Lamp as an aid to pain relief though I am hoping over time it will continue to ease my pain and maybe over time it will continue to grow as time goes on.

Linksys RE4000W Universal Dual Band N600 Pro Wi-Fi Range Extender (2 x Ethernet, Flexible Placement, Easy Set Up, WPS)

3.0 out of 5 stars the answer to a quicker internet speed...then I lost all connection.., 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Linksys RE4000W Universal Dual Band N600 is a very good product once up and running which I did find quite easy, though I do have one complaint and that was the instructions were pure useless. I actually had to work it out myself and the first thing I did was plug in the product to the electric then hold down the button on top of the product for ten seconds, until the light stayed on once I released the button for a few seconds the light flashed a few seconds - after about one minute I then got a continuous green light. Once I did this there was a message "do I want to run or save the software"- for some odd reason the instructions told me to press no! I loaded the software which came with the N600 which then took over and I was very pleased to let it take over.

I was having a great signal for a short period of time, then all signal was lost which caused me pure melt down as I had important files to send. They would allow me to connect through the Linksys but only on a unsecured line which for me was a total no-no. I now have to go through other points of compromise which other reviewers have mentioned and I will therefore edit my review. When this works it provides a great signal but when it fails it is a total loss which for me and I am sure many other internet users I need a more stable line. I have used other products with quicker and easier results which makes me crave back to the good old days when life was so much simpler.

Holy Cow
Holy Cow
by David Duchovny

4.0 out of 5 stars crazy..., 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Holy Cow (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Holy Cow written by David Duchovny for me was quite a good read which had me laughing out loud at the extreme silliness of the writer. The main character as suggested by the title is indeed a Cow which has very special qualities and I found it and the many other animal characters quite endearing yet very, very crazy which made this book unique in its own way.
I have to be honest the reason I chose this book was mainly because of the author as like many others I have been a huge fan from X-Files first came about.
This is a hard book to describe but one thing I will say you will either love or hate the craziness of it.

Seal Island
Seal Island
by Julia Green

5.0 out of 5 stars a look at nature through Grace's eyes.., 22 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Seal Island (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Seal Island written by Julia Green for me was a great read not only for the children but I personally found it very enjoyable and very well written as I followed the adventure of the main character Grace and her time in Seal Island. Grace has already spent some time on Seal Island visiting her grandmother accompanied with her parents, the story starts as she says goodbye to her parents as she is going to stay with her Gran and this is when we start following her time getting to know the nature which surrounds her and as she spends time at her favourite place she meets a new friend and this is when she sees Seal Island through her friends eyes.
This is a lovely gentle story and one which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Seal Island written by Julia Green is a great read which not only children will enjoy but the older generations will also enjoy this excellent read.

Wolf-Garten FHN Fixed Hand Tool Bulb Planter
Wolf-Garten FHN Fixed Hand Tool Bulb Planter

4.0 out of 5 stars plant your bulbs with ease..., 22 Jan. 2015
Wolf-Garten FHN Fixed Hand Tool Bulb Planter is one very handy tool to have especially when it comes to that time of year when gardeners have a lot of bulbs to plant. This tool really speeds the process up and with a quick widening or squeezing of the handle you can control the size and amount of soil you want to remove from your soil either in a pot or even in the garden itself this was really work.
I found it that it worked a lot better in softer soil, so therefore I would recommend if your soil or land is very hard or dry to soak it well with water it would make your job a lot easier.
With a quick hard press of the tool straight into the soil and a clockwise and anti-clockwise twist of the tool you will feel the soil loosen as you press hard on the handle while the tool cuts into the soil you want to plant your bulbs. You then immediately pull up and the inside of the round circular tubing of the tool will now be filled with the soil you have removed from the garden or pot of soil. Now you put in the bulb you wish to plant and press the soil from the tool straight back into where you removed the soil, covering the bulb.
What I like about this tool is mainly it makes planting bulbs a lot quicker and if like me you plant your bulbs in time for spring you will soon be sitting patiently for your desired season to see your hard work showing through wonderful blooms or it can even be used to plant certain vegetables.
The Wolf-Garten Fixed Hand tool bulb planter is a great buy and I am happy to recommend it to anyone who like myself loves to see daffodils and tulips blooming in the garden every spring.

Doozers - Meet The Pod Squad [DVD]
Doozers - Meet The Pod Squad [DVD]

3.0 out of 5 stars meet the Pod Squad and pay a visit to Doozer Dome.. this is a home like no other..., 22 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Doozers - Meet the Pod Squad is a DVD which I would be happy to recommend to anyone with pre-schoolers in their homes but for us having older children it just did not quite go down so well. Though when we had younger visitors they were soon involved in the lives of the Doozers and their ways of showing how to keep their land clean and tidy.
The Doozers are a group of creatures who live near those little beings of The Fraggle Rock, and they love to work hard keeping Doozer Dome ship shape and clear from anything which would spoil their precious home. I have always been a fan of Fraggle Rock and when I seen this I thought I was in for a look back at my childhood and to be honest I wanted to share with the kids. Unfortunately I was rather disappointed but that is only my own personal opinion, this DVD will grow in popularity. It really does have a strong message which the American audience will love...and I am sure this side of the pond will grow to love them as much as they do.

Wendy Quill is Full Up of Wrong
Wendy Quill is Full Up of Wrong
by Wendy Meddour

4.0 out of 5 stars Wendy Quill is up to more mischeif..., 22 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wendy Quill is full up of wrong is one book which all kids will love though I do hope they do not take up Wendy Quill's ideas how to behave. This is one book I kept saying "now this is not really how you should behave!" It is a very well written book filled with fun and gags for young children. Our oldest boy loved it, but he is 6 going on 60... but the younger one at 4 just did not quite get it when we read it to both of them but for us this is one book I know will become a firm bedtime favourite as it is full of jinxes and loads of laughs which the boys are certainly a fan off.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20