Profile for Petra "I love to read" > Reviews

Content by Petra "I l...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 170

Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Melissa & Doug Table-Top Easel
Melissa & Doug Table-Top Easel

5.0 out of 5 stars white or black this handy easel had both boards available for play time..., 13 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Melissa & Doug Table-top easel for me personally is a good easel set which includes both a white and black board which I feel is made from top quality products. The first thing I have to say I noticed was the solid heavy weight which compared to other easels/blackboards this one is off a superiority quality.
The one main reason I do like this particular model is that I am able to set it on a table and the boys can sit and draw in comfort. I also love the bright colours of the easel which makes it not only a useful play item, the actual design makes it stand out from the usual blackboards which are available to buy including those we have purchased in the past. The quality of the workmanship in this board is evident throughout.
The board comes with clear instructions and it was easy to build though I did get someone with good strength in their hands to tighten the bolts on the board which are wooden and painted brightly.
The board is supplied with writing materials which are suitable for the board, which so far have lasted very well. The board when set up properly stand erect without any shaking or falling, even when the boys are fooling around it stands up to a bit of minor rough behaviour. I did like the fact we were able to position it on many surfaces which included the floor, table and we also were able to position it on the sofa while the boys were on a small seat next to it.
I am happy to recommend the Melissa & Doug Table top easel to anyone who wants a good quality black/ white board which is easy to store.

Nixies Swimming Mermaid
Nixies Swimming Mermaid

5.0 out of 5 stars swimming fun..for the doll!!!, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: Nixies Swimming Mermaid (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nixies Swimming Mermaid is a small doll and made of hard plastic, they also are powered with a AAA battery. When I first received the package I was not really thrilled with the doll mainly because it was so small. I soon realised I was totally wrong about these cute toys as they are so much fun when placed either in the bath or any container which the child can see into easily while supervised. Also available to purchase is the Nixies Vacay Cove Playset which makes playing with the doll even more pleasurable for ths child as the playset is totally clear and it means that the child is missing nothing of the swimming action of Nixies Swimming Mermaid.
The actual tail is what the mermaid doll is controlled with and when the doll was in the water i have to be honest I was entertained just as much or even more than my niece who plays with the set of dolls. I loved to see the doll swim and dive, even jump out of the water with a splash. I love the colours of the doll as visually they are attractive to look at, in my opinion this is one doll any little girl would love playing with.

Fisher-Price Rainforest Infant to Toddler Rocker
Fisher-Price Rainforest Infant to Toddler Rocker
Offered by GSM-Fonz

4.0 out of 5 stars great for rocking little ones to sleep.., 11 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fisher Price Rainforest Infant to Toddler Rocker is one baby seat I not only love the look of it, I like the added extras which are included with the rocker. I have to admit when I seen the seat was manufactured by Fisher Price I knew I was not going to be disappointed in the quality of the workmanship.
I found the seat very easy to build as the instructions were clear and easy to follow. The actual padding of the seat is very soft yet well supportive which is very important so that the baby will have his/her spine and full body supported fully and with full safety in mind.
I do love the colours of the actual material which the seat is made off as it will suit both boy/girl. I do like also the vibration which really does work and I have to admit I start rocking manually then when the baby falls asleep the vibration control takes over. The little toys which hook on to the soft toy bar are cute and provide entertainment, plus the fact they are washable.
The manufacturer states that the chair will hold up to 18KG but I cannot say this is the case yet as the little one in this house is only a few weeks old but I will edit my review as time goes on.
This is a great little rocker and with the extending foot rest I do believe I will get lots of use out of it plus the fact I know with Fisher Price I am sure of top safety standards and the comfort of the baby will be assured.
At the time of writing this review I am happy to recommend the Fisher-Price Rainforest Infant Rocker as a good buy as it not only looks great the materials etc. used are top class.

Letter To Heaven: Songs Of Faith & Inspiration
Letter To Heaven: Songs Of Faith & Inspiration

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational..., 9 Sep 2014
Letter to Heaven song by Dolly Parton for me is an excellent set of songs which really do get the emotions flowing. The music is fantastic and Dolly is one singer who knows how to tell a story through her music. I have to say a couple of the songs had tears as well as emotions flowing as they are truly songs which really reach deep within. I am happy to recommend Letter to Heaven song by Dolly Parton to anyone who loves gospel music sung not only by a singer who certainly knows how sing but Dolly uses her voice as the best musical instrument I have ever heard.

Crooked Heart
Crooked Heart
by Lissa Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars a fresh and entertaining look at the Second World War...., 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: Crooked Heart (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Crooked Heart written by Lissa Evans was a good read for me for one main reason the author certainly knows how to grab the reader's attention and held on tight to the last page.
The book's main character was Noel Bostock a ten year old orphan though in my opinion he was a child with an adult's head on his shoulders. When the the book first opens Noel is living with his Godmother, but it is clear things are not quite right. The story progresses when Noel is evacuated to St Albans for the duration of the war. This is when the story really begins and I have to say I was entertained throughout as the most unlikely partnership develops between Noel and his foster mother Vee and this for me was a totally fresh look at the Second World War. It was a great read and one I am happy to recommend to other readers of historical fiction.

Cosmetic Organiser - Lipstick/Brush Round Holder Clear Acrylic
Cosmetic Organiser - Lipstick/Brush Round Holder Clear Acrylic

4.0 out of 5 stars handy..., 9 Sep 2014
Cosmetic Organiser Lipstick/Brush Round Holder which is made off a strong clear acrylic plastic. These are well designed to hold at least six lipsticks and a longer container in the middle which is excellent for eye or lip pencils. I actually have a couple of these which both store my lipsticks and the other holds my Mally eye shadow pencils etc.. I have now all my favourite lip and eye make up to hand without having to search through a cosmetic bag or drawer. For the price these are produced of a good quality product and I am happy to recommend these Cosmetic organiser to anyone who like myself wants to keep their make-up to hand. Excellent also for holding pens and pencils perfect for any desk.

Melissa & Doug English Alphabet Animal Colouring Pad
Melissa & Doug English Alphabet Animal Colouring Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars big colouring fun.., 8 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Melissa & Doug English Alphabet Animal Colouring Pad is one giantic colouring pad which is filled with zoo animals the boys recognise from their recent trip to the Zoo. When they seen this massive book they were soon indulged with their pencils, crayons and pens colouring in everything they could. I liked the dark edging which was clear and precise - this was especially useful for the younger boy as he has only recently started school.
This is a great book which educates young children as the alphabet is being used throughout the learning fun of this great book.
The boys love it which makes me happy and I know I will purchase more of these books as I know they are well worth the money.

Melissa & Doug English Alphabet Dinosaur Colouring Pad
Melissa & Doug English Alphabet Dinosaur Colouring Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars super sized colouring fun.., 7 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Melissa & Doug English Alphabet Dinosaur Colouring Pad is an excellent colouring pad as not only has it great illustrations for our boys to colour in but the actual size of the book plus the pictures is massive. I was really pleased with not only the quality of the book but with the learning value using the alphabet means the boys can learn the ABC's as they do the pictures with their crayons etc.
The actual illustrations are excellent and with the added bonus of the actual size of the pictures makes this Melissa & Doug product great value and with no skimping in quality which is another bonus for me personally.

Tefal Toast N' Egg TT550015 Toaster - 2 Slice - Black
Tefal Toast N' Egg TT550015 Toaster - 2 Slice - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars very handy, 7 Sep 2014
The Tefal Toast N' Egg Toaster is both an excellent toaster plus great at cooking/warming eggs in various ways. I first off all like the actual design of the toaster as it is designed both for great cooking results plus the fact it would look good in any kitchen.
When I first took the toaster out of the box - the first thing I noticed the lightness in weight therefore it is easy to move around the kitchen. The major part of the actual body of the toaster/egg cooker is made off a good quality hard plastic which I do find it is easy to keep clean. The instructions are very good and clear and you have a few separate items for your egg cooker which includes a warming pan/boiled egg holder/ poaching pan. The poaching pan I was very disappointed in as I am only able to poach one egg at a time, which is fine if you want only one egg but if you want two- it can be difficult to keep one egg warm while not drying it out.
The box also contains a small plastic measuring cup which has two uses - first of all there are markings on the side of the small plastic cup which indicates how much water you add to the egg poacher/cooker to receive the cooked egg you prefer, this also includes how much water to add if you are boiling more than one egg this enables you to have all your eggs cooked to your own preference. The plastic container or small cup also has a small needle at the base which can be protected with a black plastic cap; the needle is required for you to pierce a tiny hole on the bottom of the egg shell so it will not explode or the shell to crack when it reaches a certain temperature. The actual needle is very sharp and it only takes a small tap of the egg to the needle and in no way does the yolk of the egg leak out as the needle does not fully penetrate the shell. The measurer I feel could be better marked but those people who have good eye sight will not find any difficulty in reading the measuring scale. I usually find the measuring strip I need then place my finger at the exact mark as the water must be measured precise as the water is placed in the stainless steel base and as it heats up the eggs are cooked plus the fact when the water dries out the eggs are cooked to your desired level (only if you measured the water correctly) though I have found a slight change in the amount of water will not make much difference to the eggs. I also found I had to take the size of eggs into consideration therefore a slight addition of water would be added if the eggs are larger than usual. It really is a matter of learning as I went along but now I can put the eggs and bread on - go and finish getting ready and come back when I hear the toast popping up which is a great convenience to me personally.

The Tefal Toast N' Egg toaster is perfect for a small kitchen or even a student as it will even heat beans very easily and quickly. All the small items including the egg holder is easy washed or even can be placed in the dishwasher. The actual stainless steel base which heats up is easy to clean and it really only takes a damp cloth to clean it, I do get better results if I clean it immediately after use.

I am happy to recommend the Tefal Toast N' Egg TT550015 Toaster to anyone who wants a toaster which also has an added advantage it will boil and poach your eggs while it is browning your bread. This has proven to be a good purchase which I am very happy with.

Nikon D3300 Digital Field Guide
Nikon D3300 Digital Field Guide
by J. Dennis Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars an excellent addition to my camera instructions.., 6 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nikon D3300 Digital Field Guide is a good guide for me personally as I have recently treated myself to a SLR camera, though excellent instructions came with the actual camera - I really wanted an extra guide which would help me get everything possible from the camera.
Before I received this I was basically pointing the camera at the scenery/person I wanted the photo off and taking the photograph.
Now I have this digital field guide I can now experiment more with my camera therefore I feel I am beginning to use the camera properly and even taking better photos which is what I wanted.
The book is laid out really well with really nice photographs throughout - I found it to be very informative plus the additional knowledge which would help even basic photographers like myself take better and brighter photos.
Nikon D3300 Digital field guide is not only a good, interesting book but one which will prove useful in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20