Profile for thesaint > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
The New Breadmakers
The New Breadmakers
by Margaret Thomson Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars She must do a great deal of research to achieve such a high degree ..., 29 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The New Breadmakers (Hardcover)
I have read quite a few of this author's books and they are of a very high standard. She must do a great deal of research to achieve such a high degree of authenticity. I am a great admirer of her work.

The Pact
The Pact

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Pact (Kindle Edition)
A favourite author and another great story. A spellbinding book from start to finish

A Man of Some Repute (A Very English Mystery Book 1)
A Man of Some Repute (A Very English Mystery Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars This was not my cup of tea. I could ..., 29 Jun. 2015
This was not my cup of tea. I could not get into it and did not
progress very far before giving up. Who knows, I might try again.

The Ashgrove
The Ashgrove

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book spanning more than a century and flitting ..., 27 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Ashgrove (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book spanning more than a century and flitting between World War 1 and present day times. The harshness of the battlefield
was wonderfully depicted. At times I read longer into the night than I should have!

Carousel
Carousel

5.0 out of 5 stars but once we got into those wonderful evergreen melodies it was uphill all the way, 25 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Carousel (Audio CD)
The intro was a bit reedy, but once we got into those wonderful evergreen melodies it was uphill all the way. I am absolutely delighted with this wonderful cd.

Passing Strangers
Passing Strangers

5.0 out of 5 stars pour yourself a drink and enjoy a wonderful nostalgic evening, 4 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Passing Strangers (Audio CD)
Passing Strangers Duet with Sarah & Billy was worth the cost of the CD by itself. Pick out the favourites from each CD, pour yourself a drink
and enjoy a wonderful nostalgic evening. Terrific!.

The Throwaway Children
The Throwaway Children

5.0 out of 5 stars I really liked this book and, 2 May 2015
I really liked this book and, therefore read it very quickly. I can hardly believe , so soon after world war II, that children could have been treated so badly - especially when compared with today's Welfare State.

Hozelock 40 m Floor-Standing Fast Reel
Hozelock 40 m Floor-Standing Fast Reel

5.0 out of 5 stars It unravels so easily and rewinds so well, 23 April 2015
An entirely suitable and acceptable purchase. It unravels so easily and rewinds so well. It is almost a luxury that I now don't keep falling
over my new hose as I did for the last 10 years with the old one. A really good buy.

Marie Elena
Marie Elena

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought Chet Atkins' version as 'A Best can, 23 April 2015
This review is from: Marie Elena (MP3 Download)
It was o.k. - whilst appreciating where it was coming from. I was actually trying to locate vocal rendition of this song for an old friend, but was unable to do so. I bought Chet Atkins' version as 'A Best can do'

The Tobacco Lords Trilogy
The Tobacco Lords Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderfully graphic story - loved it, 10 Mar. 2015
I'm a Glaswegian and I was absolutely enthralled by this mammoth tale. What a wonderfully graphic story - loved it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11