Profile for thesaint > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Carry Yourself Back to Me
Carry Yourself Back to Me

4.0 out of 5 stars The Saint, 14 Sep 2014
This is the second book I've read by this author and both have been about hard times. She moves between Now and the past so often at times that I had to go back through the pages to establish the then and now location. However, the author writes in a wonderfully fashion which I really do like.

Philomena
Philomena

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: Philomena (Kindle Edition)
Quite beautifully written and, once again, an illustration of the atrocities that are committed in the name of "Christianity"

The Color War (Kindle Single)
The Color War (Kindle Single)

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 12 Aug 2014
I thought this was a very ordinary and very short story for such a highly rated author.

Hope Floats (Soundtrack)
Hope Floats (Soundtrack)
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars ... to seek out the CD and I was not disappointed: I was particularly pleased with the bonus tracks, 28 July 2014
Saw the film which provoked me to seek out the CD and I was not disappointed : I was particularly pleased with the bonus tracks.

Mr Mercedes
Mr Mercedes

2.0 out of 5 stars Reviews by others persuaded me to buy this book by ..., 28 July 2014
This review is from: Mr Mercedes (Kindle Edition)
Reviews by others persuaded me to buy this book by Stephen Book and for me there was nothing that would encourage me to try any more of his work.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2014 1:05 AM BST

The Liquidator
The Liquidator

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 July 2014
This review is from: The Liquidator (Kindle Edition)
Quirky, old fashioned tale of espionage which is well worth a read.

The Graduate (RosettaBooks Into Film)
The Graduate (RosettaBooks Into Film)

4.0 out of 5 stars but really enjoyed the book, 28 July 2014
I was a bit young to appreciate such an adult film, but really enjoyed the book. Many of us have suffered the pains of adolescence and the author has captured a wonderful portrayal. I shall attempt to re-visit the film sometime soon.

The Storyteller
The Storyteller

5.0 out of 5 stars The Saint, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Storyteller (Kindle Edition)
This was a great read. A harsh and harrowing description of war-torn Europe and the punishment and indignities meted out to many millions. These atrocities must never be forgotten.

Vax Steam Mop S7 - 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner
Vax Steam Mop S7 - 2 in 1 Upright and Handheld Steam Cleaner

3.0 out of 5 stars The Saint, 14 Jun 2014
It's early days: With no instruction info regarding use for the many little gadgets, and they are not self-evident to me, it will be a matter of trial & error until I become more proficient (or not?)

Vax Genuine Coral Cleaning Pads (Type 3)
Vax Genuine Coral Cleaning Pads (Type 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Saint, 14 Jun 2014
I've yet to get used to the appliance with which I use these items. I'm still applying too much steam and thereby getting the floor too wet, but these 'mop heads' are certainly getting the floor clean.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8