Profile for lilysmum > Reviews

AmazonBasics Poly Cotton  Duvet Set with 1 Pillowcase, Single - Red Stripes
AmazonBasics Poly Cotton Duvet Set with 1 Pillowcase, Single - Red Stripes

4.0 out of 5 stars Great basic duvet and pillow case set, 7 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was sent this duvet set for an unbiased review. I put it on my daughter's bed. The colours of the stripes are warm brick reds and rust colours against a white background. I then washed and ironed it to see how it would wash up. Basically I would say if you're looking for a good basic set that's well made, then you would get good value for money with this set. The cotton is thin, and it's very lightweight, however it washes and irons well and folds down to take up little space in the airing cupboard. It would be the perfect set for a student going off to university for example. If you like your duvets luxurious, however, then this probably isn't the set for you. However, it is soft and my daughter said it was very comfy to sleep under. The fastenings at the bottom of the duvet and buttons, and they are very easy to fasten and the button holes are well made.
All in all, I would recommend them for the price - a good value set.

Go Stationery Hearts A4 Ringbinder
Go Stationery Hearts A4 Ringbinder
Offered by Home2work

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and well made., 31 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very good quality folder. The clips in the middle (ring binder style) are very sturdy and robust - well made. (Some folders have clips that just don't meet and all your paper snags on them, but these clips are perfect and strong.
The design is of lots of hearts all in different colours. It has a red/pink inner lining. It's strong and thick and will protect all your project work as well as being nice to look at.

Go Stationery Butterfly Daisy A4 Notebook - Yellow
Go Stationery Butterfly Daisy A4 Notebook - Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy well made product, good quality paper., 31 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautiful note book and just perfect for work. It is A4 sized and has plenty of pages in which are cm ruled, so writing in it is a pleasure. It is good quality paper, too. The pattern on the front is a nice jolly one of yellow and red flowers. I like books like this at work to cheer me up when I am writing lists. And I write a new list every day, so this book helps me keep track of all the jobs on my to-do list.

It would equally well do as a book for VI form students to write lesson or lecture notes in, or even for that first novel.

Go Stationery Cerise Trees A5 Notebook
Go Stationery Cerise Trees A5 Notebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and useful, 18 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this little notebook. It is A5 size with cream pages which are ruled at 1 cm intervals. The paper is quite absorbent, so I imagine if you were writing with a fountain pen, the ink might spread a little, but for biros, gel pens and fibre tips it is fine. I use mine for notes at work and things I don't want to forget. The cover is a shiny cerise pink with little silver trees and birds. The inside end papers are lime green with a repeated bird design.

Very pretty!

New GCSE English Language AQA Complete Revision & Practice - for the Grade 9-1 Course
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resources, 14 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great resource ready for the new specification and the grade changes from A* - G to 9-1 in 2017. Of course there is a limit to what they can put in the book since it's impossible to say what the standard will be for a grade 5 in 2017, but given those constraints, this is a very good resource with practice exercises that I have used with my class. Very do-able, very clearly explained, popular with the students.
Highly recommended as with all CGP materials. You can trust them to come up with a quality product.

Go Stationery Camden Floral Lever Arch File
Go Stationery Camden Floral Lever Arch File

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful! Love!, 11 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really love this folder and got lots of compliments on it when I walked through class and the office. Someone said, "What a lovely folder!" - not usually something people comment on. Inside the lining is a contrast design. More importantly, the mechanism is really robust and well made and sturdy. I would buy more - it's a first class folder.

Maybelline Dream Terra Sun Bronzer Blonde 16 g
Maybelline Dream Terra Sun Bronzer Blonde 16 g
Offered by NailPolishDirect

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, not so nice scent, 11 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like the colour and shimmer of this product and it loads on the brush really nicely and puts the right amount of colour on your skin, but I can't get used to the scent. I don't know how to describe it really but it's very strong and artificial smelling. Not sweet exactly. I don't like the smell and it hasn't grown on me, so I don't think I will use it much. Pity.

Schmidt Jan Patrik Krasny The Savannah Comes to Life Premium Quality Jigsaw Puzzle (1000-Piece)

5.0 out of 5 stars A challenging and difficult puzzle., 4 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My father-in-law is a keen jigsaw enthusiast, so he was the perfect person to try out this jigsaw. His verdict? "It's really good, but it's really hard." He meant this in a good way - he says the colours are indistinct and this means it is tricky to put the pieces in the right places. He likes a jigsaw that is challenging to complete and this definitely lives up to the challenge.
The pieces are good quality and interlock well. It is keeping him occupied, which is good, and he likes the picture, which shows a scene full of wild animals.

L'Oréal Paris Infallible Nail Polish Number 011, Red 5 ml
L'Oréal Paris Infallible Nail Polish Number 011, Red 5 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars glam nail colour with high gloss top coat, 1 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely product. It's got two small pots of varnish which are end to end so they can be stored easily. First you paint on the base coat which is a real true classic red shade. Then you paint on the high gloss top coat which gives a wet glossy finish to the nails. I really love the colour as I've been looking for a classic red shade and this is perfect; not too orange and not too blue. I found it quick drying as well and chip resistant - I've been wearing it for a week now and it's just beginning to chip. The gloss finish still looks very good.

Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Number 70, Pink Shock
Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Number 70, Pink Shock

4.0 out of 5 stars Iconic baby lips lip balm with a hint of hot pink., 1 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a moisturising lip balm which is part of the Baby Lips range. It says that it provides 8 hours of moisture. It's got a pleasant subtle flavour which isn't anything more than the mildest hint of cherry. It feels really nice on the lips and it does last well. It gives your lips just the slightest hint of pink (cerise bright pink) which means it's quite good if you are having a make up free day but want a hint of colour when keeping your lips moisturised. It's great for popping in your handbag.
I do like the Baby Lips range and I like this one in particular for the colour.
I usually use a lip balm stick and I've tried quite a few of the well known brands. This one compares favourably with all the ones I usually use. Very pleasant and easy to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20