Profile for lilysmum > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rimmel London Exaggerate Smoke-n-Shine Eye Definer, Blue Steel
Rimmel London Exaggerate Smoke-n-Shine Eye Definer, Blue Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great change from black eyeliner - dramatic smoky eye look, 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This eye pencil is a great swap for a normal black gel or pencil eyeliner for a night out. It goes on smoothly, with plenty of coverage, and has a slight metallic shimmer to it which looks great teamed with brown or blue eyes. It gives that extra bit of drama to an evening out type of make up look. It goes on well and you can get quite a good defined line with it. If you want to blend the line more then you can use the handy blender at the opposite end of the pencil. You can get a good smoky eye look using the blender in this way.

Rimmel London Kate Lipstick Summer - Mauve/Rose
Rimmel London Kate Lipstick Summer - Mauve/Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect summer pink lipstick, 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks - my favourite is number 8 which is great for everyday wear at work. This one is a pretty summer pink which has some blue in it so it's not too sugary. The lipstick itself has plenty of pigmentation and staying power but it is also very moisturising and feels great on. It feels almost like a balm when you apply it and it tastes good too, not waxy like some lipsticks.
I would buy this again. My daughter likes it too (she's 13), so we are both big fans of this product!

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Cream Concealer Number 020 - Light
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Cream Concealer Number 020 - Light

2.0 out of 5 stars I love it, my daughter's not so keen, 26 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't really like it, I used it and at first it was okay, okay coverage.... But it made me break out. I read in Cosmopolitan that thick foundations or concealers can cause spots or breakouts and it did, very drying as well. I recommend using a primer and moisturiser, even then it's a disappointment. I used the NARS illuminating primer and it still wasn't any good! It was also very hard to apply. And really dried my skin out a lot! The coverage is okay though.
Mum - maybe I'm not so fussy but I really liked it for the dark circles on my eyes because the other concealer I use is a bit greasy and I loved the really matt look of this one, and the way it gives good long lasting coverage. It didn't make me break out, but then I have mature dry skin.
I would buy this again. So, I've reclaimed it from DD and popped it back in MY make up drawer!

Real Techniques Starter Kit
Real Techniques Starter Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love loving these brushes, 21 Jun. 2015
I bought these brushes as I was looking for a set of good quality cruelty free brushes, and I have been using them for over a month now and am very happy with them. You get: -

* a domed blending/concealer brush
* a tapered fluffy eyeshadow brush
* a small highlighter/ bottom lid brush
* an eyeliner brush - long with a thin tip
* an angled brush for eyebrows or adding definition

I have found that I use all these brushes along with 3 more brushes: another shadow brush, a Body Shop blusher brush and a big Eco powder brush. This is my brush collection and I am happy with it. I've cleaned the brushes three times and they have fluffed up and cleaned beautifully after a night in the airing cupboard on a towel. I like the fact they are cruelty free. Some brushes aren't densely packed enough, but these are. Very happy with my purchase. Highly recommended.

Shadow Cat
Shadow Cat
by Gillian Cross

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting story for 9 year olds - 12 year olds by a much loved author, 21 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Shadow Cat (Paperback)
This is a lovely story which shares a theme with The Great Elephant Chase, another of Gillian Cross's much loved books, in that it involves two children trying to protect a wild animal threatened by uncaring and unscrupulous adults.
What I liked best in this book was the friendship between Nolan and Feather. Nolan wishes he had more security, and Feather has too much and wishes she had more freedom! This is a brilliant way to get readers interested in the story of Nolan and his poor mum, who is really struggling to cope with life. She suffers from bipolar, which is treated very sensitively in the book and it's not clear whether Nolan knows the ins and outs of his mum's diagnosis. That doesn't really matter as we read on to see what crazy thing Ro, his mum, will do next! She buys a camper van, lets her flat go, gets rid of all their furniture and belongings and takes off with Nolan without warning.
The pair end up in Scotland because Ro is a big fan of The Gentry, and she wants to take Nolan to a festival where they are appearing.
Feather is the daughter of Midir and Sally. Midir is the lead singer of The Gentry. When they appear at the festival an amazing thing happens. A big cat (a serval) appears on stage with them and then disappears. The story follows Nolan's efforts to protect the cat from being abused by humans. It involves twists and turns in the plot which place Nolan in quite a bit of danger and along the way he makes an unlikely friendship with Feather (unlikely because she has so little freedom).
This story has realism (At one point, Vix says, "You want a happy ending? Go and read a fairy tale," and I thought at one point something really terrible was going to happen... the tension builds to a fantastic, unexpected climax, and I really wanted things to work out for Nolan and Feather, both of whom have had a lot of problems to deal with. A great read- highly recommended.

Hallmark Large Husband Traditional 3D Illustrated Birthday Card
Hallmark Large Husband Traditional 3D Illustrated Birthday Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up., 13 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really lovely quality card on that paper that has a raised pattern in it so it looks very expensive. The words are nice too. Hubby liked it.

Leifheit Linomatic M400 85245 Rotary Dryer
Leifheit Linomatic M400 85245 Rotary Dryer
Offered by Rossi Paolo Megastore

4.0 out of 5 stars Great line - base needs cementing in., 13 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really good line but unfortunately I haven't been able to use it yet. The reason is it comes with a plastic base hole, unlike my current line which has a metal one that you bang into the ground with a mallet. This one is plastic and the instructions tell you to set it in concrete, which is where I'm at at the moment - planning to get some cement !
I didn't realise this when I ordered the line and it's something to be aware of.
The line itself is gorgeous. Very well made and light to carry.
The plastic base is a great idea because my metal one has rusted through being in wet ground and my line gets stuck in it!
So all in all, great design - if you're prepared for the necessity for cement !

Uno Ball Pens Medium Black [Pack of 50]
Uno Ball Pens Medium Black [Pack of 50]

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful! Recommended., 19 May 2015
These are great cheap pens for teachers to lend to students. Often students forget to return borrowed pens and so these cheap and cheerful ones are just right for the job. They work well and are handy to have in a box of 50 as they last all term. The only quibble is, they are transparent plastic and not like the one in the photograph.

Rexel Advance A4 Stay Put Pocket and Prong Folder - Red (Pack of 5)
Rexel Advance A4 Stay Put Pocket and Prong Folder - Red (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful., 19 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really useful set of A4 folders. At first, I have to admit, I thought these wouldn't be all that useful, as they are more like document wallets than folders. Actually, they are really handy. You don't need to bother with a hole punch, as the sheets just slot into place inside really neatly using the stay-put tabs. There are vertical pockets and dividers so you can keep the different sheets separate. They are hole punched just in case you prefer to use the holes, but I have found they are not needed. There is a really handy pocket which is transparent, that you can put small items in. I put my notes and lists of jobs to do in the pocket.
My only criticism is that when I tried to peel the label off the front, it left the adhesive behind and made a bit of a mess. So, I haven't removed the labels. Made in China.

Dew Sterling Silver and Rose Gold Plate I Like You Berry Much 3D Strawberry Necklace 45.7cm 9462RG

5.0 out of 5 stars Really beautiful piece of jewellery - I love it, 4 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have worn this necklace every day since it arrived, and fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. It isn't a big piece but I think it's all the prettier for that. The strawberry is around 6mm across, I guess, so petite, but the rose gold colouring is exquisite and the design is really well finished. The leaves are silver and the fruit itself rose gold, so it sparkles and looks really pretty. The chain itself is hallmarked 925 as is the fruit, and the chain is robust, not a thin one where you're scared it's going to snap at any moment.
The box the necklace comes in is duck egg blue and really pretty in itself.
I am wearing the necklace to work as it goes with everything and is really lovely. My daughter loves it too; we've agreed to share it! I am thinking of buying one as a birthday present for a friend because I love it so much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20