Profile for lilysmum > Reviews

GCSE French Interactive Vocab Tester - DVD-ROM and Vocab Book
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great resource - thanks CGP! :), 15 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As good as ever, these resources from CGP are useful and helpful for GCSE French. My daughter is not as GCSE level yet but she is capable of doing some of the exercises and I think it is a great way to revise vocab outside of the lesson. The thing with French is to practise the vocabulary and this gives a useful interactive set of exercises.

Braun SE820 Face Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush
Braun SE820 Face Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful for scrubbing your face, 7 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This electric facial brush comes with two brush heads so I and my daughter (13) can share it. I thought I'd give it a go. I use it with Liz Earle hot cleanse and polish and my daughter uses it with face wash. The head is about 2.5 cm across so just big enough for you to get into the creases round your nose. My daughter said she thought the brush was harsh but I thought it was soft! I did find it left my face a bit red and dry but it quickly settled down when I moisturised and my skin did feel soft afterwards. I wouldn't really use it every week but maybe once a month.
I haven't used the epilator so can't comment on that.
The battery lasts well and both my daughter and I have used it and there seems to be plenty of battery life left. It doesn't take up much room in the bathroom cupboard and is light enough to travel with.
I haven't given it 5 stars because I wouldn't say it's become an indispensable part of my makeup routine.

The Astounding Broccoli Boy
The Astounding Broccoli Boy
by Frank Cottrell Boyce

5.0 out of 5 stars Super funny read for ages 9 - 99, 1 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the most lovely, quirky little book. I say little, although it weighs in at 389 pages, because it wears its size lightly, and I can't imagine you would get bored half way through!
The story is about Rory Rooney, who is a little lad who likes to always be ready for life. Don't Be Scared, Be Prepared (e.g. what to do in the event of a total breakdown of law and order in society), is his favourite book, and also his mum's favourite. That bit of the story reminds me in some ways of The Eighteenth Emergency, Marv Hammerman and all that. Anyway, Rory is in quite a bit of bother because he is being blamed for trying to poison the school bully, Tommy-Lee Komissky, (who Rory calls Grim). Rory didn't actually try to poison Grim, the truth was that Grim took Rory's Wagon Wheel out of his lunch box and had an allergic reaction to it. Everyone blamed Rory.
Rory is trying to survive in school on an outdoor adventure trip when he falls in the river and comes out green. Now, at this point everyone shies away from him. This is because (I didn't mention this before) they think he might have a disease which is on the rampage, a type of feline flu that affects "cats or cat-like creatures" and is nicknamed "Killer Kittens" disease. So, Rory is whisked away to an isolation unit to be poked and prodded by Dr Brightside and a load of nurses armed with needles!
Who does Rory meet on the ward but Grim! He's terrified! But actually, Grim turns out to have a few fears of his own.
I fear I haven't done the book justice with this summary. It is a whistle-stop, cartoon like tale that moves at a mile a minute, with so many twists and turns that you feel breathless reading it. There is a laugh on every page. It is about, well, I guess it's about what makes a hero? What makes us brave? Can we really teleport? (Rory believes he can) Do people really turn green sometimes?
I loved this book. My daughter did too. She liked the teleportation bits best. I liked the humour and the quirkiness of this tale, where every bizarre event turns out to have a simple explanation. Wacky, funny, weird, amazing, engaging, you will love Rory and all his fantastic adventures. Highly recommended for ages 9 - 99.

Aussie Shower Gel Body Wash Mega Watt 250 ml - Pack of 6
Aussie Shower Gel Body Wash Mega Watt 250 ml - Pack of 6
Offered by Your247Chemist

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice smelling body wash, 14 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice fresh smelling body wash which lathers up well in the shower. To be honest it is probably better for younger skin than more mature skin like mine. I find it a little bit drying. But as a basic mid range body wash, it does the job well and the bottle is small enough to be able to pack into an overnight bag and take away for the weekend. I gave a bottle to my teenage daughter and she likes it very much. She has a friend who uses Aussie stuff a lot - they like the brand.
All in all a good everyday body wash but I do prefer more scented washes myself that are more moisturising.

Montegrappa Cartridges Black
Montegrappa Cartridges Black
Offered by The Pen Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Montegrappa, 9 Feb. 2015
Superb cartridges for a superb pen, I love my Montegrappa. These cartridges give a clear, glossy, smooth, writing line and no skips. My pen writes like butter and I love it. The cartridges even have the name Montegrappa written on the side in silver. Things of beauty. Just glorious.

Revlon Highlighting Palette - 7.5 g, Bronze
Revlon Highlighting Palette - 7.5 g, Bronze

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE it, it is in my favourite, 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This came as a bronzer as everyone else's reviews have said. I think this bronzer is gorgeous, its flawless, glowy and has such a natural, summery, bronzy look. It has a slight shimmer it in it I think, I LOVE it, it is in my favourite, everyday makeup routine. I can't say how beautiful it is. You can use it as a strong contour on the temples, around the frame and jaw, cheekbones and nose. Or as a natural tanner. It's soooo easy to blend, I use the so eco finishing brush which is like a stipple brush to give a flawless, airbrushed, natural finish to the cheeks.

Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - 4.2 g, Nude Attitude
Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - 4.2 g, Nude Attitude

4.0 out of 5 stars horrible orange concealer colour but gorgeous creamy formula., 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this lipstick formula, it's creamy long lasting and moisturising. I really don't like the colour though, it looks like a really orange toned concealer. It looks like you have put concealer over your lips and not rubbed it in. The formula though is a different question, I think it is lovely and will definitely be going out and buying more colours, the colour is a real let down.

Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation For Normal/Dry Skin - 30 ml, Buff
Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation For Normal/Dry Skin - 30 ml, Buff
Offered by BrightRetail

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this foundation, 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this foundation! It's one of the only foundations that PERFECTLY matches my skin... And I just bought it randomly online having no clue what colour it was. If you know a tiny bit about makeup you will probably know that makeup is not good for your skin, it gives you spots, it breakdown your skin and some can be allergenic. I found this foundation to bring down my spots I had before using it. I use it with a fluffy blending brush buffing it onto my skin to give a flawless look. It is soft, moisturising and long lasting, a perfect foundation by far! The only down side is not of the foundation just the pourer has no pump which makes it a tiny bit difficult to get the right amount of foundation but other than that, my favourite forndation.

Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rolls Royce of Dish Washer Tablets!, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I suppose these tablets prove the adage, you get what you pay for. Although they are some of the most expensive tablets, they do an absolutely excellent job. The best thing about them (apart from the five star performance) is that you don't have to unwrap the tablet. I always find that such a faff. If my hands are even a bit wet, the wrapping slips and slides through my fingers and I can't get a grip. With these, you pop them, transparent wrapper and all, into the dishwasher. Bliss! Then all you do is wait for your sparkling crockery and glassware to emerge an hour later.
I have an AEG dishwasher and with these tablets everything is pristine.

Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm Stain - Demure
Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm Stain - Demure

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice minty taste and quite moisturising, 25 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first ColourBurst I have ever tried from Revlon, which is surprising, because I have heard lots of people rave about this lip product, such as SprinkleofGlitter, Tanya Burr and Zoella. I think this is a lip product for people with cooler skin tones, because it can leave a pinky mark on your lip line. I really enjoyed the minty taste to it, it is very subtle and not tingly which I like, because it is quite pleasant. The colour is a sparkly, nudey pink shade, which is perfect for everyday use. You could even apply it with no mirror. It doesn't stay on for a very long time, but I have never found a very moisturising balm to stay super long on my lips. It has a slight bit of glitter in it, which I find a bit much, but there is not much but there is no graininess to it and the glitter grains are not too big. I have found this quite moisturising, but I wouldn't use it instead of my everyday lip balm which is also from a drug store. If you have enjoyed this lip product, I would also recommend the Revlon Lip Butters. I think they are their most popular product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20